• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

DeletedUser10163

Getting the Fireworks to 100 is just impossible.
I'm currently at lvl 84 and the next level is 14aa shamrocks, that amount is increasing with more then 1aa each level.

Currenly an 8h skip would produce 35aa, so that would be 100aa a day if i'm not skipping.
Probably not even gonna make it when i'm waiting 3 days for it, now that is boring......
Don't think anybody is gonna be happy doing that,...

Nothing wrong with spending 5 days on 1 level, but i finished everything up to those last 3 tasks within half a day.
Everybody is gonna be bored like crazy to get those last 3 tasks if it takes you more then 4 out of those 5 days without a chance to do anything about it aside from just skipping them and going to next level.
But then you finish every level within a day and run out of gold within 2 days.....no point in doing that either....

This just WON'T work.....
Everybody will get annoyed.

lord2403

Merchant
The first day (24 hours) of this tiresomeness is over and I still can upgrade only 6 levels of my fireworks. Not 12 levels, not 20. 6 (Six) only! Inno, everything is ok with you guys? :)

Actually I understood idea to make this event as long as it's possible with excluding of any chance to build a village more than 3 times during the time of the event, but I'm sure nobody will be happy to wait 5 days for any "fire works ", because it's boring

Прошли сутки.jpg

Last edited:
forget all the maths before:

don't do cakefactory manager upgrade to lvl 3 and
shipyard manager upgrade to level 4

that saves 300 gold pots which means you need ~700 gold pots in total.

i will be able to do at least 32 tasks with that setup - resulting in a

gold pot / task ratio (the relevant factor here) of less than

22 gold pots / task

in any case:

this event breaks a fundamental principle of forge of empires:

being abe to do things at one's own tempo and rhythm, at a chosen time:
foe so far works whether you log in once a day or 200 times a day.

and the logging in once a day possibility is now broken.
not. amused.

Last edited:

Fenix

Viceroy
When we start a new town and immediately hiring manager, the corresponding task can't be collected.

This is fix reloading the game (hitting F5 in FF).

Pafton

Viceroy
Can we get a list of the cost of the levels till 100?
As mentioned earlier, we've asked for this list to be released.

Quadrillion is the official math term thousands of trillions.

Wondering why aa was used as the prefix not qd.
To avoid abbreviations of obscure and confusing terms (quintillion, hexillion etc.) games often use binary abbreviations like aa, ab and so on.

DeletedUser10239

I was not familiar with the aa currency so I googled it and alcoholics anonymous came up. Maybe drinking makes the ship go faster and so making the aa more achievable.
It would be really nice to just collect the pieces of the forest plus the upgrades along the way instead of the current system. Therefore, complete the event, complete the prize. I noticed there are now two prizes in between the forest selection kits. Don't need FP, Soks, Wells and so on just got my eyes on the prize.

Don't need FP, Soks, Wells and so on just got my eyes on the prize.
well, that might be the case for you.

other people like that stuff.

some will be missing the option to gather reno-kits, others the option to complete their piazza sets and grand bridges ...

another fundamental mechanic that worked well for a gazillion events (and is ignored here):
give people the option to recollect stuff next year.

seems the candy-crush kiddies are in charge now and don't understand what a strategy game is about ...

hint: it's about long term build-up, not about hyper-nervous click-orgies

if you really think you need to incorporate both elements into foe, make it optional:
  • one path for the click-junkies
  • one path where the strategists have an advantage by planning ahead and making strategic choices.

Mr.Quib

Squire
On a different note: please add a button to mute the ship sound. That bell is driving me bonkers and the only option available now is to turn off all sound.

Amdira

Baronet
On some reason I like this mini-game, but I'm still not sure whether I like it as main part of an event. Just trying to figure out how to do it best to gather all pieces within time without using diamonds, if possible. Skipping the lvl 100 fireworks task is obvious. With some balancing it really could be fun.

btw. .... I'm missing crocodiles in the river and the sound of Frogger :D

woody432

Farmer
Can some one point me in the right direction for a full set of 'how this works' as the little intro on the moderators page is useless and what is the MAX button for

DeletedUser9581

List of Tasks:

1 Hire a Manager
2 Upgrade Your Hat Factory to level 25
3 Collect 50k Shamrocks
4 Hire a Festaval Manager
5 Build a Flowers Factory
6 Upgrade Your Festival Manager to level 3
7 Upgrade buildings 50 times
8 Collect 1m Shamrocks
9 Build a Cake Factory
10 Upgrade Your Flowers Factory to level 50
11 Hire a Manager to automate Your Cake Factory
12 Transport 250m Goods with the Ship
13 Upgrade Your Hat Factory to level 100
14 Upgrade Your Flower Factory Manager to level 2
15 Upgrade buildings 50 times
16 Generate 1b goods from your Factories
17 Build a Drinks Factory
18 Upgrade Your Drinks Factory Manager to level 2
19 Upgrade Your Cake Factory to level 50
20 Upgrade buildings 50 times
21 Upgrade Your Hat Factory Manager to level 3
22 Upgrade Your Cake Factory Manager to level 3
23 Upgrade Your Flowers Factory to level 100
24 Collect 50b Shamrocks
25 Upgrade Your Shipyard Manager to level 4
26 Upgrade buildings 100 times
27 Transport 1t Goods with the Ship
28 Upgrade Your Fireworks Factory Manager to level 2
29 Upgrade buildings 150 times
30 Upgrade Your Cake Factory to level 100
31 Generate 4t goods from your Factories
32 Generate 10b Flowers from your Flowers Factory
33 Upgrade Your Drinks Factory to level 50
34 Upgrade buildings 200 times
35 Upgrade Your Hat Factory to level 200
36 Collect 50aa Shamrocks
37 Upgrade buildings 250 times
38 Upgrade Your Firework Factory to level 100

Julvs

Merchant
Wow,
that event is broken. Its fun in the beginning but you get stuck at 35/38 Tasks. Pls stop it, rebalance it and give a new version
Have a nice weekend
Aerendil
I'm with you. The production rate of the factories and the rate of warehouse and festival are very broken. Stucked on last mission in fireworks upgrade (up to 100, and from 83 to 84, I need 12,1 aa. The boat carries 10,8 t. The festival runs at 9,27 t. I think perhaps in a week I will get it. The 100 steps to upgrade) And that is the beginning, XDDDD. Have a good FoE, anyway.

Feanor II

Baronet
I know a lot of folks are unhappy with clicking a lot, I don't really mind since the "max" button can do a lot of that for you. What has me seeing red is I just got to the point in the Grand Prize Cycle where I can see past the next CF set and i can see this:
1580561949563.png

so apparently it's not just at the start. The entire prize cycle now has TWO fillers between each Grand Prize piece instead of 1, the way it's always been. I was hoping against hope it was just the start. Just...what?!?! Are you trying to make people throw their hands up and walk away? I personally enjoy the minigame, but I know there are going to be a lot of casual players who say "screw that, I'm not doing a whole new game within the game just to cash in my event currency". This is probably the worst event possible to get greedy and double the fillers. You're going to drive casual or even semi-serious players completely out of the event!! I am going to be trying to convince reticent casual players that the minigame is indeed fun, give it a chance, help out as much as I can because I do enjoy it, but you're making it a real hard sell. I realize the chests at the end balance that out somewhat, but that is balanced by the fact that there are no daily special prizes. Which again, not complaining. Just saying please keep the rotation the same it's always been!

Let's put it this way-if my boss told me he was going to need me to do more work, that's OK with me. Heck, I might enjoy the challenge of the new work. But if I have to take on new work while at the same time getting my paycheck slashed...well, that's where I might get a little testy.