• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

jtrucker

Baronet
Good question. We'll have the same problem on the French servers because, we also use "milliard" for 10^9. And, for us "billion" means 10^12,
Same goes for Czech server. I've already explained to my guildmates the English vs Czech difference in math terminology :). So they will know 1t is actually "bilion" in Czech and 1aa is "biliarda" ;). Since we use latin alphabet I don't think they will change the number acronyms from English server.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Would be interesting if first time you finish city the 2nd one will have lvl 1 Ship/Fest manager be free, then 2nd time you finish to next city lvl 2 fest/ship manager be free, and so forth till lvl 5 ship/fest manager be free :)
What you guys think?
I'd prefer if all factories started with the level 1 manager already operating,; ie. no PoGs needed ever for a level 1 manager.

DeletedUser9859

It seems there are two sets of tasks now which alternate each round.
First one are these tasks:
1 Hire a manager
2 Upgrade your hats factory to 25
3 Collect 50k shamrocks
4 Hire a manager for your shipyard or festival
5 Build a flowers factory
6 Upgrade your festival manager to 3
7 Upgrade buildings 50 times
8 Collect 1M shamrocks
9 Build a cake factory
10 Upgrade your flowers factory to 50
11 Hire a manager for cake factory
12 Transport 250M goods with your ship
13 Upgrade your hat factory to 100
14 Upgrade your flower factory manager to 2
15 Upgrade buildings 50 times
16 Generate 1B goods from factories
17 Build a drinks factory
18 Hire a level to manager for your drinks factory
19 Upgrade your cake factory to 50
20 Upgrade buildings 50 times
21 Upgrade your hat factory manager to 3
22 Upgrade your cake factory manager to 3
23 Upgrade your flowers factory to 100
24 Collect 50B shamrocks
25 Upgrade your shipyard manager to 4
26 Upgrade buildings 100 times
27 Transport 1T goods with your ship
28 Hire a level 2 manager for the fireworks factory
29 Upgrade buildings 150 times
30 Upgrade your cake factory to 100
31 Generate 4T goods from your factories
32 Generate 10B flowers from your flowers factory
33 Upgrade your drinks factory to 50
34 Upgrade buildings 200 times
35 Upgrade your hat factory to 200
36 Collect 16Q shamrocks
37 Upgrade buildings 250 times
38 Upgrade your fireworks factory to 75
and the next round you get these tasks
1 Upgrade your festival to 10
2 Hire a manager for your shipyard
3 Upgrade your shipyard manager to 3
4 Generate 60k Hats from your hat factory
5 Build a flowers factory
6 Upgrade buildings 50 times
7 Upgrade flower factory manager to 2
8 Transport 15M goods with your ship
9 Build a cake factory
10 Upgrade your cake factory to 25
11 Upgrade your festival manager to 3
12 Upgrade buildings 100 times
13 Collect 99B shamrocks
14 Upgrade hat factory to 100
15 Hire a level 2 manager for the drinks factory
16 Upgrade buildings 100 times
17 Generate 5T drinks from your drinks factory
18 Hire a level 3 manager for your cake factory
19 Upgrade your drinks factory to 25
20 Upgrade your flowers factory to 100
21 Collect 16T shamrocks
22 Build a fireworks factory
23 Upgrade flowers factory manager to 3
24 Upgrade buildings 150 times
25 Upgrade your hat factory to 200
26 Transport 32T goods with your ship
27 Hire a level 2 manager for the fireworks factory
28 Upgrade your cake factory to 100
29 Generate 15T cakes from your cake factory
30 Upgrade your fireworks factory to 50
31 Upgrade buildings 150 times
32 Generate 50B flowers from your flowers factory
33 Upgrade your flowers factory to 200
34 Upgrade your shipyard to 300
35 Upgrade your shipyard manager to 4
36 Collect 18Q shamrocks
37 Generate 200B hats from your hat factory
38 Upgrade buildings 200 times

The first set is nearly identical to the tasks we had before with the only difference being task 36 (16Q shamrocks instead of 50Q) and 38 (fireworks to level 75 instead of 50). Task 36 is now doable in a reasonable time, thank you for that. Task 38 still takes 19h with a Festival and Shipyard on 300, so still takes way too long.

The second set of tasks is totally unreasonable though.
At task 29 it asks you to generate 15T (trillion or 15E12) cakes. Right before that you had a task to upgrade your cake factory to 100. With this it takes 3.7h to complete. Fine, I guess you want us to wait that long. Then a few tasks later you want us to generate 50B (billion, 50E9) flowers. Ok, with a flower factory on 100, this takes 9.4h. A bit long, so let's upgrade the factory. The next production modifier is at 200 though. At 200 it would not even take a minute to complete, but how many shamrocks do we need to get there? 10.1E15 = 10.1Q = 10.1aa (or whatever notation you want to use). With a festival and shipyard at 300 it will take 8h to generate these shamrocks. Fun.
After that we get a task to get our shipyard to level 300. Seems a bit backwards at this point. Then collect 18Q shamrocks which is more than in the first set of tasks, but still reasonable.
After that generate 200B hats. With a hat factory at 200 this takes 34h. Next production modifier is at 300. Then it would only take 22.8h, and even better, it takes only 52.6E18 shamrocks to get it there (4.7 years with festival and shipyard at 300).
And the last task "upgrade buildings 200 times". What do you want us to still be able to upgrade at that point? I really wonder who designs this mess.

Please do not use exponential growth for the upgrade cost values. No one wants do deal in billions, trillions, or quadrillions. And if you really have to, make it consistent. Do not use aa at one place and Q at another. Just use scientific notation.
Please do not use modifiers for the productions. Make it continuous linear or polynomial. Having steps in between and thus having upgrading a factory from 50 to 99 mean nothing, just to explode at the next step, is not fun. No one wants to wait hours to see a significant growth in production.

Edit:
All calculations assuming manager levels being: Festival 3, Shipyard 4, Hats 3, Flowers 2, Cakes 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

coolyfooly

Squire
That is the issue with the event, its not hard if and only if you play it a specific way, that way being spend 580 per round do at least 30 tasks per round 6 times. Buy 6 chests on round 3 4 5 6.
But to new players who do not play the specific meta they kind screwed in getting all 5 set pieces to lvl 2 using no diamonds.
Also nothing really fun about it, and unlike other events you can not get a bunch of dailiy prizes which people look forward to in events, like Reno kits and bunch of wishing wells and such, instead you got some chests with random prizes most them being bad prizes, like units or medals.

coolyfooly

Squire
What if they had 75 tasks. And have all 75 tasks doable in 3 days with maxed out managers. So that you can have all 75 tasks be done in a good time as mentioned 3 days with maxed managers. And of course still be able to finish without having to do 75 tasks or max out all managers.
So people who are new to the event who max all managers out will at least be rewarded better for it. Scaling will have to be imporved/redone on buildings or managers or both. Though probably too much work to do big overhalls at this point in time.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What if they had 75 tasks. And have all 75 tasks doable in 3 days with maxed out managers. So that you can have all 75 tasks be done in a good time as mentioned 3 days with maxed managers. And of course still be able to finish without having to do 75 tasks or max out all managers.
So people who are new to the event who max all managers out will at least be rewarded better for it. Scaling will have to be imporved/redone on buildings or managers or both. Though probably too much work to do big overhalls at this point in time.

Oh don't worry they have plenty of time to come up with a 3rd even more painful task line to scare off those few remaining souls still looking forward to this event on live ;)

Can it be done? Yes absolutely. It's tedious, repetitive, and generally no fun at all - but completing the set is viable.

Is it worth it? Well if you've got a young city it'd be hard to pass up as it's another event grand prize. It's not so outstanding that longstanding players need it though. And it doesn't give extra set pieces up easily if you want to play with different set arrangements (which is the thing that makes them more interesting than multi-level grand prizes - not just simply completing a copy and then done - but finding ways to use extras)

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Crossword Answers for "boredom"
Fatigue
Lethargy
Dullness
Monotony
Indifference
Sameness
Blahs
Yawn
take your pick...........
You forgot "FoE St. Patrick's Day Event."

And honestly, I'm considering skipping this one or going for only a level 1. It isn't worth the effort. I was thinking when I saw the spoilers for it of spending diamonds to make some bigger sets, but with how it's currently set up, I don't want to go through hell to get it. What's even worse is that players on live won't know what to do and they will waste PoG on the event without realizing the strategy (which took forever to find out to begin with) and we will see a lot of unhappy customers.

Could just wait until the set is available in the AD. No hassle, no real cost to me (the set is ok, but not great), and if nothing changes for the better, this is how I'm doing it.

DeletedUser9851

You forgot "FoE St. Patrick's Day Event."

And honestly, I'm considering skipping this one or going for only a level 1. It isn't worth the effort. I was thinking when I saw the spoilers for it of spending diamonds to make some bigger sets, but with how it's currently set up, I don't want to go through hell to get it. What's even worse is that players on live won't know what to do and they will waste PoG on the event without realizing the strategy (which took forever to find out to begin with) and we will see a lot of unhappy customers.

Could just wait until the set is available in the AD. No hassle, no real cost to me (the set is ok, but not great), and if nothing changes for the better, this is how I'm doing it.
...well players on Live Servers will not know what to do if Beta players are not sharing the knowledge! I, on the other hand, prepared a nice Strategy Guide which I shared with my Guild members so that they will know what to do once this hits Live Servers...so to me this is not a valid reason for having unhappy customers (remember that the info is out there; sometimes you just have to put some efforts in finding it...but it seems that more and more people want everything without making any effort!)

What's even worse is that players on live won't know what to do and they will waste PoG on the event without realizing the strategy (which took forever to find out to begin with)

how do you mean - took forever to find out ... ?

the first doable strategies were out THREE days after event start.

which was when all the numbers (cost per chest round, reward for the daily quests ...) became available.

on the live servers all this info will already be available ... and yes it will be possible that impatient people, who try to find their own "strategy" will need to spend a bunch of dias to get a full set ...

DeletedUser8459

I am on my 7th city screen and here are my thoughts:

1. I like this new game. Very creative. But....
2. This event, by far, is the most time consuming of any event to date. Unless changes are made I'll be telling my guildmates on the live servers to not play (first time for me to do this).
3. Gold must be either be more plentiful or have more buying power.
4. Give us the ability to abort the tasks. Every screen eventually stops on progression due to 3 tasks for things I have no need to do like raising the manager of the flowers or hats. No gold!!
5. I see no way to get five buildings and then the upgrade for each one. I have four upgrades and two building pieces. I get another at the end of the event. How many more screens do I have to labor through to get three more upgrades??

Some big tweaks need to be made for this to give a good user experience.

DeletedUser10346

The upgrade 250 buildings task should come much much earlier in the questline because when it comes as one of the last tasks, most buildings are already upgraded to a point where more upgrades cost way too much, so it becomes the next task which cannot be completed by regular means and in a normal time frame, it should be fixed.

kaymedic

Marquis
The upgrade 250 buildings task should come much much earlier in the questline because when it comes as one of the last tasks, most buildings are already upgraded to a point where more upgrades cost way too much, so it becomes the next task which cannot be completed by regular means and in a normal time frame, it should be fixed.

You only have this problem if you skipped some manager tasks. I have the same issue with my current playthrough. But its my fault because I wanted to do it without the expensive managers this time.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
on the live servers all this info will already be available ... and yes it will be possible that impatient people, who try to find their own "strategy" will need to spend a bunch of dias to get a full set ...

I disagree.

If this were a new cultural event, all would be fine. But a time limited, one-off event?

Players reasonably expect new events to share some characteristics with previous events, even when mechanics change; yet, this one differs substantially.

Before, one could do OK just reading the basic info provided by Inno for an event. This event is more complex, and the instructions are still poorly worded, vague and leave out key details. E.g. there are two different task lists, requiring different strategies, and you can't abort them.

Many players deliberately do not look for guides or strategies, because they like the challenge of figuring a new event. Something that should be admirable, is now a disastrous approach.

In past events, mistakes in the first 2 or 3 days would not kill your chances for a full level 2 prize. Here it does. Someone completing initial quests to collect many PoGs, can lose too many PoGs in the first few days (e.g. wasted on level 5 managers). There are no Daily Prizes, which previously acted as consolation prizes for those who miss out a level 2 set. The end of stage chest prizes are a joke, and cost PoGs after the first one.

Those who look for strategies may be in guilds with no Beta players. And the guides in the fan sites, while helpful, lack checklists. Plus, these site should never be fully relied upon.

Inno could easily tweak tasks before it goes to live. Even 1 change could make current strategies incomplete, or even wrong.

Finally, customers have years of Inno feedback saying that you could do well in an event logging in once a day, for a reasonable period of time. Not at all possible with this event. Again, not explained.

Amdira

Baronet
I still like the mini-game and the challenge to figure out the best strategy - but not for a time limited event. I would like to see something like this as offer to gain maybe an exclusive building like the art-exhibition. So ppl who like idling around, could do it besides the daily game without time pressure.
If this event goes live, I agree to other writers here, only beta-players and forum/spoiler-readers will be able to get the set within the 21 days - and wales of course :) - but unfortunately most will be annoyed and frustraded after some days.

DeletedUser9851

I disagree.

If this were a new cultural event, all would be fine. But a time limited, one-off event?

Players reasonably expect new events to share some characteristics with previous events, even when mechanics change; yet, this one differs substantially.

Before, one could do OK just reading the basic info provided by Inno for an event. This event is more complex, and the instructions are still poorly worded, vague and leave out key details. E.g. there are two different task lists, requiring different strategies, and you can't abort them.

Many players deliberately do not look for guides or strategies, because they like the challenge of figuring a new event. Something that should be admirable, is now a disastrous approach.

In past events, mistakes in the first 2 or 3 days would not kill your chances for a full level 2 prize. Here it does. Someone completing initial quests to collect many PoGs, can lose too many PoGs in the first few days (e.g. wasted on level 5 managers). There are no Daily Prizes, which previously acted as consolation prizes for those who miss out a level 2 set. The end of stage chest prizes are a joke, and cost PoGs after the first one.

Those who look for strategies may be in guilds with no Beta players. And the guides in the fan sites, while helpful, lack checklists. Plus, these site should never be fully relied upon.

Inno could easily tweak tasks before it goes to live. Even 1 change could make current strategies incomplete, or even wrong.

Finally, customers have years of Inno feedback saying that you could do well in an event logging in once a day, for a reasonable period of time. Not at all possible with this event. Again, not explained.
Well, at the end of the day, you are not obliged to do such an Event if this is going against the approach of a "Single login once a day in your city"...also, regular players can easily check the FoE Beta Forum and see players Feedback then, from this, determine if it is worth doing this Event or not...yes some players are deliberately not looking for guides or strategies but for different reasons, one of them being that they expect everything to be easy and working the same...am I happy that Innogames used a complete different approach for this Event? Yes and No...if they would have just made something similar to other Events to replace the Carnival, then several players would have complained that it is not original...they are trying something new (for various reasons of course!) and you will still end up having players being unhappy...you cannot satisfy EVERYONE in life but let's see what Innogames will tweak before this gets released on Live Servers (because, trust me, it will get released) ;)