• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2024

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Let's do the math again, this time I will use town 3 as a base (that's what I used in-game), and add all additional costs beyond the standard town strategy following my town 3 guide.

Upgrading all the managers will cost an additional 2200 pots. However, this time around we can use Quick Promotions to skip most of these. If you complete the 2nd D task early on and you have 1 Quick Promotion from event start / previous rivals, you can use 7 Quick promotions on factory managers as you progress, so you can use them on flower 4, cake 4, drinks 3+4, and fireworks 2+3+4. Later on in the town you can use a further 4 Quick Promotions on Festival + Shipyard manager levels 4+5. This makes the total manager cost 860, compared to 630 with my strategy, for only an additional 230 pots of gold.

For the time skips, we need 7x400 + 2x700 + 1x1200 = 5400 pots. This time around we can use Time Warps for all the 2-hour skips, so we "only" need to spend 2x700+1x1200 = 2600 pots of gold.

We get 1000 pots back from quests.

Total cost: 230 + 2600 - 1000 = 1830 additional pots of gold.

It's worth keeping in mind that if you skip the two final D-quests you save 2600 pots of gold, so you actually gain 770 pots of gold from the rivals quests. If you do this you lose out on 5 Quick Promotions, 1 Finish All Special Production, 1 Celtic Glassworks Selection Kit, and 1 Sacred Archdruid Hut Platinum Upgrade Kit.

This is much, much better than it was before. The rewards are worth going for, and they actually help you during the rivals as well. I will have to work a bit more on strategy, but playing now I was able to complete all rivals and a full town in 30-40 minutes (completing 4 GE levels), I believe it should be possible to finish a town without doing the 2 final D quests as well, saving you 2600 pots at the expense of a few rewards.

So my recommendation is now to complete all A, B, and C questlines, and either complete 6/8 D quests, or the full thing if you want those final few rewards for an extra 2600 pots of gold.

Last edited:

CDmark

Baronet
So, for D-2, "Use any Time Skip 2 times for instant Shamrocks and speed up your event progress" I can use 2 time warps? Just want to be sure.

Edit: I posted same time as MooingCat, he says yes, so good for me.

Retired Guy

Marquis
The current Rival "seemed" okay, then it got stupid.. what a surprise.. I think you've had substantial feedback about buying FP, and the ever increasing costs, and the amount of diamonds \ PoG are VERY expensive. Why not make it a little more achievable?? Most times it's better to get 10 diamonds from 1000 folks, rather than 1000 (8 hr time skip cost to buy PoG) from one or two

Kronan

Viceroy
@Retired Guy - mirror image of what I was thinking. I was actually feeling REAL good about this - but knew somewhere, there was a huge HOOK with all that comfort.
We did find it, didn't we?
4 and 8 hour time skip accelerators requests- painful. They cost PoG.

I think I also wound up after doing all 80 GE - doing MAP battles, too.

Bucket list item - do Rival once. I cannot keep this pace - no way, no how. Even in 2 days. Especially on a really complex event like this. Knowing when to use the 2 hour instant shamrock items are critical to progress.

Newbies to this event - will be lost. (as will some veterans).

Tread carefully at getting stuff that costs - and not properly deploying it to help.

Tudor Almighty

Merchant
Wow, 3 Epic St. Patrick's 2024 Selection Kits & 3 Druid Hut Selection Kits, and with 2 Druid Hut Selection Kits I got from the chests and with 1 Epic St. Patrick's 2024 Selection Kit from the Amateur League, that's a fully upgraded Archdruid Hut for me. Much better Rival rewards this time, thanks Inno :cool:

Retired Guy

Marquis
If the Rival has to be SO expensive, it should give some 4hr Time Shifts as rewards instead of all 2 hr. !! And we could certainly do with 3-4 more Quick Promotions.. That would make it much, MUCH more affordable! There's too many Swift Sham's,,, I have 7 now., and am on town 12 , and have less than 100 PoG left ((have 2 manager upgrades upgrades but had some from aborted 1st Rival) The last tasks.. 2 x 4hr shift, and 1 x 8hr shift cost 2600 PoG.. or 2275 diamonds (at the bulk rate).. If you want us to keep testing Rival\etc.. you need to supply more testing diamonds!

Last edited:

Atosha

Merchant
Thansks @MooingCat for the comprehensive summary!

Am I right to understand that both below quests can be fulfilled through time warps, even though they are labelled differently?
  • Quest: Use any Time Skip 2 times for instant Shamrocks and speed up your event progress AND Spend 200 Forge Points.
  • Quest: Use 2 hour Time Skip 3 times for instant Shamrocks and speed up your event progress
Which would mean that going up to at least A5 give enough rewards to do both (B5 & B6) through the tools won during the questline. (And thus, should allow to go to at least A6 and A7).

CDmark

Baronet
I will skip the 4 hr and 8 hr Gold costs. Now, I am doing town 2, the hat/flower mgrs were ok, only promoted flower 4, the other costs were ok. Also, the cake/drink 4, drink was already L2, 2 promotions, no gold. Cake to 4, paid 2/3, used only 1 promotion, the last of course. That L4 cake manager makes that 8 hr task, less than 2 hours. Now, Fireworks L4? I am thinking of stopping there. Not sure the time warps worth it. L5 ship/festival is not gonna happen either. I have enough to do 2 full glassworks.
Druid hut, I got 6 via Rivals, should get 1 via bronze. Leaves me 2 short so very low probability to get it L9, then gold. I am ok with 2 L2 glassworks, 2x2 non road versus platinum druid hut to be honest, space in the city is becoming a concern.

Thanks MCat, looking at your quest layout helps me make the right decision for my city.

MATR

Squire
Event is too many days long, takes too much time to play along with Rival mini games and the coming new Guild raids. GE L5 and GBG both take quite a chuck of time. On top of this, my main city is in the middle of the wildlife event which also has Rival on the SAME day as beta. I already skip settlements and pvp because there is not enough hours in the day to do all these things. I'm retired and have lots of time but it is still not enough. In the future I plan to skip events just for personnel time savings. The excessive time required seems counterproductive to game monetization. I can't image how people can have more than 2 cities. There are many days I spend 8 to 10 hours on FOE.

CrashBoom

Legend
I dont really think the rival exclusive upgrades (celtic glass/aligator farm) are really worth it, the percentage difference between level 1 and 2 are literally 3% in all areas, get more from just building 2 unless you just can't fit it in your city - but there is probably a lot that can be replaced at this point even in the last few events 2x2's.