• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2024

Aerendil

Squire
cost for minievent > reward for the St. Patrick part. Failure, rework it please. Change upgrade X+Y Manager to lvl4 to level a manager 1-3 times, remove time skips >2 hours, they are not worth it.
Gex part is ok
4 quest lines is nice, keep it
The main price and milestone are underwhelming as well, celtic glassworks or some tools would be better, especially with the high cost

Last edited:
If the rivals require you to do certain things in towns, I think it would be better if the timer started when you completed the first task. For example, you have 2 days to start the quests, then after you started you have 2 days (or however long they are) to complete them.

Actually, I think that would be nice regardless, gives players a bit more flexibility.
I suggested that earlier during the wildlife event

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
We have 4 parallel questlines, named A, B, C, and D in the json response data from the server. I've given them some nicknames as well based on the tasks.

I've colored all the minigame-related quests in green, all minigame-related rewards in orange.

Questline "A" (Tasks/Managers)Questline "B" (GE Negotiating)Questline "C" (GE Fighting)Questline "D" (Time Skips)
Quest:
Complete 2 Tasks to progress at Grand Prize lane

Reward: 50 Pots of Gold
Quest:
Complete 2 encounters by negotiating

Quest:
Complete 2 encounters by fighting.

Quest:
Buy 10 Forge Points.

Quest:
Upgrade any Manager to level 2 AND Upgrade any Manager to level 3

Reward
: 1 Time Warp
Quest:
Defeat this large army.

Reward: 2 GE Attempts
Quest:
Complete 4 encounters by fighting.

Quest:
Use any Time Skip 2 times for instant Shamrocks and speed up your event progress AND Spend 150 Forge Points

Reward
: 1 Quick Promotion
Quest:
Complete 4 Tasks to progress at Grand Prize lane

Reward
Quest: Complete 4 encounters by fighting.

Reward: Store Building
Quest:
Complete 6 encounters by fighting.

Reward: One Up Kit
Quest: Donate 750 goods to the guild treasury.

Quest: Upgrade Hat Manager to level 4 AND Upgrade Flowers Factory [Manager] to level 4

Reward
:
1 Swift-Sham Savings
Quest: Defeat this very large army.

Reward: 4 GE Attempts
Quest:
Complete 8 encounters by fighting.

Reward: 4 GE Attempts
Quest: Buy 20 Forge Points.

Reward: 1 Time Warp
Quest:
Complete 6 Tasks to progress at Grand Prize lane

Reward
: Store Building
Quest: Complete 6 encounters by negotiating

Quest:
Complete 10 encounters by fighting.

Reward: Finish All Goods Production
Quest: Use any Time Skip 2 times for instant Shamrocks and speed up your event progress AND Spend 200 Forge Points.

Reward: Finish All Goods Production
Quest: Upgrade Cake Factory Manager to level 4 AND Upgrade Drinks Factory Manager to level 4

Reward
:
1 Time Warp
Quest: Defeat this very large army.

Reward: 6 GE Attempts
Quest:
Win 10 battles without losing.

Reward: 6 GE Attempts
Quest:
Use 2 hour Time Skip 3 times for instant Shamrocks and speed up your event progress

Reward
: Renovation Kit
Quest:
Complete 8 Tasks to progress at Grand Prize lane

Reward
Quest: Complete 8 encounters by negotiating.

Reward: Renovation Kit
Quest:
Win 12 battles without losing.

Reward: Finish All Special Production
Quest:
Use 4 hour Time Skip 2 times for instant Shamrocks and speed up your event progress

Reward
: Finish All Special Production
Quest: Upgrade Drinks Factory Manager to level 5 AND Upgrade Fireworks Factory Manager to level 5

Reward
:
1 Swift-Sham Savings
Quest: Complete 10 encounters by negotiating.

Reward: Tree of Patience Upgrade Kit
Quest:
Win 15 battles without losing.

Reward:
Tree of Vitality Upgrade Kit
Quest:
Use 8 hour Time Skip 1 times for instant Shamrocks and speed up your event progress

Reward
:
Tree of Silence Upgrade Kit

Summary for event-related stuff:
Requirements:
  • Complete 20 Tasks
  • Upgrade any manager to level 2+3 (same task, so one manager to level 3 will do)
  • Upgrade Specific Factory Managers:
    • Hat: 4
    • Flowers: 4
    • Cake: 4
    • Drinks: 4 + 5
    • Fireworks: 5
  • Time Skips:
    • Any: 4 times
    • 2 hour: 3 times
    • 4 hour: 2 times
    • 8 hour: 1 time
Rewards:
  • 200 Pots of Gold
  • 3 Time Warps
  • 3 Quick Promotions
  • 2 Shift-Sham Savings

Last edited:

Heinrich IV

Merchant
It was an interresting experience doing this rival on beta. And to be honest I will tell my guild members on life to skip it as it is much too expensive for the possible results. It was bad on wildlife and it is much more bad this time. I expect rivals will only be money makers in future.
It seems FoE gets more and more Pay2Win making the game less and less interresting for me :(

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
So looking at the cost to complete the rivals quests... I will use town 2 as a base (that's what I used in-game), and add all additional costs beyond the standard town strategy following my town 2 guide.

Upgrading all the managers will cost an additional 2120 pots. However, if we use the 3 Quick Promotions we get on the most expensive managers (last Drinks + 2 last Fireworks), we can cut that in more than half for an additional 970 pots.

For the time skips, need 7x400 + 2x700 + 1x1200 = 5400 pots. Again we can use 3 Time Warps to save 3x400, for a total of 4200.

We get 200 pots back from quests.

Total cost: 970 + 4200 - 200 = 4970 additional pots of gold.

That's almost half of all the pots of gold you get through the event. You probably have enough pots of gold to waste on 1 rival challenge, but definitely not more. And for what? The rewards are not worth it at all, you can get a ton of cool stuff from after town chests for 5k pots.

So currently my recommendation for the 4 questlines is as follows:
  • A: Complete first 3 quests
  • B: Complete as many as you want - not relevant for event
  • C: Complete as many as you want - not relevant for event
  • D: Complete first quest, or first 4 quests with 2 Time Warps for quest 2.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
At least you can complete questline B and C for a the level 1 + upgrade for both Tree of Patience and Tree of Vitality.

So looking at the cost to complete the rivals quests... I will use town 2 as a base (that's what I used in-game), and add all additional costs beyond the standard town strategy following my town 2 guide.

Upgrading all the managers will cost an additional 2120 pots. However, if we use the 3 Quick Promotions we get on the most expensive managers (last Drinks + 2 last Fireworks), we can cut that in more than half for an additional 970 pots.

For the time skips, need 7x400 + 2x700 + 1x1200 = 5400 pots. Again we can use 3 Time Warps to save 3x400, for a total of 4200.

That's almost half of all the pots of gold you get through the event. You probably have enough pots of gold to waste on 1 rival challenge, but definitely not more. And for what? The rewards are not worth it at all, you can get a ton of cool stuff from after town chests for 5k pots.

Put on point. I will stop this rival. Already spent to many pots

Aerendil

Squire
We have 4 parallel questlines, named A, B, C, and D in the json response data from the server. I've given them some nicknames as well based on the tasks.

I've colored all the minigame-related quests in green, all minigame-related rewards in orange.

Questline "A" (Tasks/Managers)Questline "B" (GE Negotiating)Questline "C" (GE Fighting)Questline "D" (Time Skips)
Quest:
Complete 2 Tasks to progress at Grand Prize lane

Quest:
Complete 2 encounters by negotiating

Quest:
Complete 2 encounters by fighting.

Quest:
Buy 10 Forge Points.

Quest:
Upgrade any Manager to level 2 AND Upgrade any Manager to level 3

Reward
: 1 Time Warp
Quest:
Defeat this large army.

Quest:
Complete 4 encounters by fighting.

Quest:
Use any Time Skip 2 times for instant Shamrocks and speed up your event progress AND Spend 150 Forge Points

Reward
Quest:
Complete 4 Tasks to progress at Grand Prize lane

Reward
Quest: Complete 4 encounters by fighting.

Quest:
Complete 6 encounters by fighting.

Quest: Donate 750 goods to the guild treasury.

basic strategy for this event:
Play Questline A to 3rd quest,
B to quest 6 (7+8 wait for Gex 4 completion)
C full
D to quest 4 (you have to use the time skips somewhere, so lets use them here on quest2)

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
basic strategy for this event:
Play Questline A to 3rd quest,
B to quest 6 (7+8 wait for Gex 4 completion)
C full
D to quest 4 (you have to use the time skips somewhere, so lets use them here on quest2)
Time skips aren't the time warps.

Time skips are the ones that cost pots of gold.

Tempestas

Squire
All I can say is use 4 hour time skip 2x
*and*
Leveling Cake Manage to 4; Leveling Drinks Manager to 4

has me pissed off. Then I read about the L5s and the 8 hour time skip. No way. Nope. Nada. Ain't going any further. This is leachy, suck your blood dry stupid. Why would anyone do this?

Yup, pay to win. Go rich dudes! Go!

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
All I can say is use 4 hour time skip 2x
*and*
Leveling Cake Manage to 4; Leveling Drinks Manager to 4

has me pissed off. Then I read about the L5s and the 8 hour time skip. No way. Nope. Nada. Ain't going any further. This is leachy, suck your blood dry stupid. Why would anyone do this?

Yup, pay to win. Go rich dudes! Go!
Arguably it favors the free player who simply won't think about it :p The pay player would've been far better off spending the same amount of money on more useful aspects of the events ;)

Amitola1

Farmer
Next question. It appears to me that the Beta cycle times are different then on the live servers. Live servers cycle for events at Midnight server time along with events. When does the Beta server cycle?
Just figured it out. For the event and the castle system it's 1900 (7pm) server time.

Last edited:
Me getting really mad. FoE is steeling my time, brains and money and even power.... This event break rival stuff is over the top. I am missing right words, I loved this game so much and found my fun back. But within 2 event its gone again. INNO this is a game. You shouldent employ your fans 24/7/365.... Even 2 - 4 hrs a day is to much. We are not your employees!!!! Gaming should be fun and relaxing not stress! We have enough stress in real live!
I really wonder if the ones designing this structure are really playing this game during a normal working week with adequate working hrs, having family aside and friends and a social life

In your list in column B the 6 GE encounters are by negotiation not fighting.

I'm not sure manager level 2 and 3 can be completed by a single manager at level 3. I would expect the task to require two different manager, but I didn't test this since by the time you do the first quest I already had two managers at level 3.
Since most strategies require at least one of Festival or Shipyard at level 3 and the other at 2 or more, it's a moot point (and hat or flower at 3 anyway).

My Rival started with city variant 1 so I tried hat level 4 (50 pots) and will see if the task can be completed with city variant 2 flower at level 4 (100 pot) later today. Will update if it works or not.
But if I was on city variant 3 I wouldn't even try this. And I expect this to hapen the second time Rival returns.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
In your list in column B the 6 GE encounters are by negotiation not fighting.

I'm not sure manager level 2 and 3 can be completed by a single manager at level 3. I would expect the task to require two different manager, but I didn't test this since by the time you do the first quest I already had two managers at level 3.
Since most strategies require at least one of Festival or Shipyard at level 3 and the other at 2 or more, it's a moot point (and hat or flower at 3 anyway).

My Rival started with city variant 1 so I tried hat level 4 (50 pots) and will see if the task can be completed with city variant 2 flower at level 4 (100 pot) later today. Will update if it works or not.
But if I was on city variant 3 I wouldn't even try this. And I expect this to hapen the second time Rival returns.
You're right about negotiating, updated the table :)

It can be done with the same manager, both were completed when I upgraded my festival to level 3. Was your level 3 requirement fulfilled, but not 2? In that case I guess the quest asks you to have a manager at that level, but as long as you complete it it's not uncompleted if you don't anymore.

You're right about negotiating, updated the table :)

It can be done with the same manager, both were completed when I upgraded my festival to level 3. Was your level 3 requirement fulfilled, but not 2? In that case I guess the quest asks you to have a manager at that level, but as long as you complete it it's not uncompleted if you don't anymore.
It did autocomplete for me.
But at the time I had 2 manager at level 3 and one at 2. So I appreciate the confirmation that upgrading one manager only complete both parts.

It make the quest requirement even more stupid the way it is written in the game.

Daga

Merchant
some quests are horrible:

- it is very bad for me to make 10+ figthts without loose - now it is sometimes possible in GvG, but after end of january when it passes away it will be unreacheble.
- skip X times y hours - imposible without tool