• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

Gedrog

Squire
Yea, I did a FP & Goods setup on the new world on US that started on fall event last year. Eventually it'll morph into pieces of an attack setup, but at the time I wanted the auto-renovating goods especially.

But from the context of the question it seemed he was interested primarily in the attack-oriented setups :)
TBH if they don't mess with the stats of the Anniversary buildings then the goods and Attack/Defence will outstrip my configuration

Gedrog

Squire
I don't have that much spare time and the spare that I have is better spend elsewhere.xd Anyways the ratio is beyond the point. Besides the urban trees from FoE from progressive era doesn't need a road either and they are literally urban trees. Closest FoE tree you're referring to.
I was rather wondering about the parks. Like all trees in cities having a path or road adjacent to them. I've been in lots of places with trees. Most common trees where not close to paths or roads. Like zoos, amusement parks, urban parks, etc.
I grew up in small villages and towns in the middle of nowhere I heard rumours City kids think chocolate milk comes from brown cows ROFL

Beta567

Baronet
  • We have improved the stats of the Tree of Silence as it is now more rare. The Tree will provide a 2-4 Attack Boost for your Defending Army (instead of a flat 3%), a 1-2% Attack Boost for Attacking Army, and [randomly] 4 Forge Points with a 50% chance or 2 Fragments for the Renovation Kit with a 50% chance as well.
  • We have increased the value of the St. Patrick's Prizes a lot. Some of these changes include an increase of the Pots of Gold and removal of Fragments for the Epic Selection Kit (full Kits instead). Thank you for providing the feedback, that you fell like it was not rewarding enough to get. We hope you are now satisfied with it!
  • We have removed the Druid Tree Selection Kit as a reward, since with the changes to the Tree of Silence it only contained 2 out of 3 Trees with very different values.

Which means we are getting 2 useless trees and one rare one. Okay. Plus those useless ones require road connection which means who is going to place them in the cities at all? Think about it.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Gedrog I've heard similar rumours although they believed everything originated from factories. Though that type of disinformation felt like a weird story to me as a kid.

Would've been better if they swapped ToV for selection kits. Containing ToV & ToS. Now both being valuable. Even for the paying community.

Astrid

Baronet
So the event started... epic selection kit(+1 year old buildings lol) behind the paywall, trees behind the paywall, golden upgrade behind the paywall. It's like they are begging for money. I could spend some diamonds to get to step 600 and get all the 150 fragments needed to complete the building. Sorry Inno, but no thanks. I won't spend a single diamond here. Or money. I will do my boring strategy opening all the chests after I complete each town, just to make sure that I get the main building to level 9 and then wait as long as it takes to get the missing golden upgrade.

CrashBoom

Legend
I just recognized that there is the first (almost hidden) level 6 achievement available in the game (but I haven't reached it)
Over The Rainbow at 100
over.jpg

Gedrog

Squire
@Gedrog I've heard similar rumours although they believed everything originated from factories. Though that type of disinformation felt like a weird story to me as a kid.

Would've been better if they swapped ToV for selection kits. Containing ToV & ToS. Now both being valuable. Even for the paying community.
ROFL I remember them showing it on TV when I was in my 20's and they were interviewing 6 year olds living in the city asking the kids stuff like where eggs come from one kid was quite funny even after they told the kid that the egg comes from a chicken he looked at the grown up funny and responded "you lie it comes from the baking isle in the supermarket"

Gedrog

Squire
Wasn't it reworked so it would only produce Patience and Vitality fragments instead?
Correct
The third tree, the tree of Silence got quite a boost and now sits behind the paywall. You will have to play all the way too 950 tasks to get 4 of them

Astrid

Baronet
Someone shared with me an offer from Inno, 1000 pots of gold + 500 castle points for 1 euro :p This is just beyond begging.

I know to spot a good offer when I see one, but this event, the event as a whole is simply not a good offer, at all.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
With no selection kits in the cash card, difficult to obtain progress throughout the event, it’s rather hard to find value out of the event with cash. I thought about a 2nd hut lvl9 but decided against it. It’s too hard to getting the 2nd one for sure, even with diamonds. If the cash card had selection kits scattered through the pass, it might’ve been a value package.
If the cash card offered selection kits of the grand prize, every 3rd or 4th city, it might’ve been decently interesting to consider. If there was an option to opening all chests after each town for either discounted gold (for f2p community) and a cheap cash option, it might’ve been considerable. Granted the event building was competitive, however having the foresight among other Beta players of the anniversary event, I know St. Patrick’s day didn’t stand a chance. I find it rather hard to think the pirates will blow anniversary out of the water.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
With no selection kits in the cash card, difficult to obtain progress throughout the event, it’s rather hard to find value out of the event with cash. I thought about a 2nd hut lvl9 but decided against it. It’s too hard to getting the 2nd one for sure, even with diamonds. If the cash card had selection kits scattered through the pass, it might’ve been a value package.
If the cash card offered selection kits of the grand prize, every 3rd or 4th city, it might’ve been decently interesting to consider. If there was an option to opening all chests after each town for either discounted gold (for f2p community) and a cheap cash option, it might’ve been considerable. Granted the event building was competitive, however having the foresight among other Beta players of the anniversary event, I know St. Patrick’s day didn’t stand a chance. I find it rather hard to think the pirates will blow anniversary out of the water.
Getting additional Huts for diamonds is easy and relatively cheap, up until a certain number of huts. If you do 9+ towns you can get a 2nd hut by buying all chests after enough towns to get a second level 9 building, will only cost you 4-6k diamonds.

Astrid

Baronet
9+ towns :) That's a good one but not worth bothering. I urged my guild mates to get the premium pass for Winter event and build as many Chocolateries as possible for obvious reasons: the building is great and the Nutcracker is even better. People who got multiples(me included) don't feel like it's worth bothering too much on this event. 4 x Nutcrackers are almost on par with Druid Hut and they come in generous numbers when we double them with Blue Galaxy.

And then we have the Anniversary Event. If it stays like this in terms of building stats, then it's another killer deal. The Phantom Tower is an amazing building, definitely worth going for more than one and inside the premium pass we have the Keymaster's Workshop + more Conjunction Tower selection kits. Compare this offer to what we have at St. Patrick event, an event with no daily specials and with a premium pass that comes with few Epic Kits with years' old buildings.

And on top of that, Winter minigame was just some basic clicking, Patrick minigame is tedious and time consuming, Anniversary minigame it's quite enjoyable most of the time.

tiroman

Farmer
About the Tree of Silence being only available for cash, Druid Hut tree fragments could be reworked to 70%-15%-15% or something like that, since there isn't much difference between Silence and Vitality.

Gedrog

Squire
9+ towns :) That's a good one but not worth bothering. I urged my guild mates to get the premium pass for Winter event and build as many Chocolateries as possible for obvious reasons: the building is great and the Nutcracker is even better. People who got multiples(me included) don't feel like it's worth bothering too much on this event. 4 x Nutcrackers are almost on par with Druid Hut and they come in generous numbers when we double them with Blue Galaxy.

And then we have the Anniversary Event. If it stays like this in terms of building stats, then it's another killer deal. The Phantom Tower is an amazing building, definitely worth going for more than one and inside the premium pass we have the Keymaster's Workshop + more Conjunction Tower selection kits. Compare this offer to what we have at St. Patrick event, an event with no daily specials and with a premium pass that comes with few Epic Kits with years' old buildings.

And on top of that, Winter minigame was just some basic clicking, Patrick minigame is tedious and time consuming, Anniversary minigame it's quite enjoyable most of the time.
I think you are not alone there most of the people that have played the Beta will say the same however 1 building there does make it worth it and that is the tree of silence but my approach is now slightly different I am playing to complete as many tasks as I can daily I do not purchase any chests I paid the event pass and where I would normally spend £200 on each City I only spent £100 to share between my two cities, saving some cash for the Anniversary event and do a big splurge as long as nothing on the building stats gets changed the dailies have been spectacular and the one building selection kit I am after has now featured in both events with ample more chances of winning it in the Anniversary event. Overall for complexity and lack of prizes plus a mediocre event building it is not worth a large cash layout once I have collected enough Trees of Vitality the Druid's Hut will go into storage never to see the light of day again, I would much rather fill that space with something more useful