• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2022

Amdira

Baronet
Where do you get the impression that a new player has to get the max prize in their first event...
Not getting the prize will get a good player engaged to get better at the game - and with the next event they even will have the surprise box.

Besides that, with the right strategy - and there is more than one - it is very well possible to get to the max building even without the surprise box and without much luck from the incidents
I didn't say, that a new player should get the max price in his first event - quite in opposite - I said he might not be able to get the surprise box. But in his second event weeks later he should be able to get the max price even without surprise box. As it seems, that isn't possible - quite in opposite - it seems it is still short for experienced players to get it with surprise box and not a single small mistake allowed. Just remember the first time of St. Patricks Event and the struggles of many even experienced players. Also new players rarely have the chance to exercise on beta.
In general I feel more and more, that experienced players seem to have forgotten the struggles of starting with FoE - especially here on the beta forum.

Amdira

Baronet
there's also a difference between event-buildings with increasing main-boost as the Celtic Farmstead has and buildings with the boost only at max level. First one is ok even uncomplete, but second one leads to more frustration if it can't be completed even with much effort

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
@MooingCat, I had great success last year using your spreadsheet for the St. Pat's minigame. Based on your experience this year in Beta, do you recommend any changes to the model, or will it do the trick again when the event goes on live? Thanks.
Yup that still works :) I'll do some updates to the sheet, but all the stuff that's there is still accurate for 2022 :)

It used to always be possible to at least get full upgrades to the Event building without spending diamonds. It no longer seems possible to do so, judging by how many upgrades have been received this far into the event. Same thing happened with the Forge Event.
This makes them not even worth doing.

Mobile players who don’t have the Android beta app installed are at a disadvantage here because the event started too late to get all the upgrades without spending diamonds. We missed too many daily bonuses and there wasn’t time enough to get through enough cities. That said, I was able to do it by using diamonds to buy more pots of gold, and using the extra pots of gold to open all the chests twice (to get two more upgrades). I’m just waiting on the last upgrade for finishing the quests. (And since the diamonds are free, I can’t exactly complain.)

Astrid

Baronet
So I managed to get 2300 pots of gold(incidents helped a lot) and I have enough to open all the 6 chests and also start the fifth town to get one last upgrade for the Celtic Farmstead. So far so good, it looks like I will be able to complete the main building without diamonds and without the surprise box.

It used to always be possible to at least get full upgrades to the Event building without spending diamonds. It no longer seems possible to do so, judging by how many upgrades have been received this far into the event. Same thing happened with the Forge Event.
This makes them not even worth doing.
Me too. I am at one building + 7 upgrades. Looks like I wont be able to get 14 more steps towards the last grand prize. And I did pick up a lot of gold pots from incidents on the map and I did have the surprise box.
Very frustrating after all the time I put into this event.

Finally, I decided to spend lots of diamonds to complete this event building. Perhaps the first time I ever did.

Last edited:

LastWarrior

Regent
Yes it can be completed without diamonds either way which is great, I did it the way of building the next city straight away np.
Although I will have no room to build it on my main world it is very pretty .

Ironrooster

Baronet
I will wind up with a level 10 building but I need the event surprise box to do it.
I did not do well with incidents and look to be about 500-600 short of enough to open a complete set of chests at the end.

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
I did buy 2000 Pots of Gold once. But now I have finished the event building and 2100 Gold left. So with the last quest and another set of treasure chests, I will have 2 extra upgrade kits tomorrow.