• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Speedup of Early Eras test

Teak

Steward
TBH does Inno even play the game? :)
  • required Forge Points and resources have been reduced -> Irrelevant, 1-2 events and those costs aren't an issue for anyone
  • unlockable features have been moved further along in to the research tree, however as your progress is more rapid you actually unlock after an equivalent number of hours play time in the game as you would have previously -> Irrelevant, teching up is not an issue, besides special goods [>Future]
  • cost for all and construction time for most buildings have been reduced -> Irrelevant, "regular" buildings do not matter, since 1 new event building will be better than a whole future city
  • production times, produced amount and provided population and happiness remain the same -> See above
  • scouting time and cost have been reduced -> Now were talking: Would be way more impactful after ~ Postmodern, especially Arctic, Ocean, Virtual
  • required goods for sectors have been reduced -> Irrelevant, you can auto fight anything after 1-2 events / you already have hundred times the required goods compared to the balancing of initial ages
  • armies in sectors have been adjusted to make the fights easier -> see above
  • infiltration cost has been reduced-> see above
  • rewards remain the same -> N/A
  • completely new (and shorter) main storyline -> Besides some productions probably no impact on required time [but let me guess, less free dias]
  • all side quests from Iron Age up to the Colonial Age have been removed -> see above
I don't get it. The only road block is scouting time. Rest of it is a no brainer, if you develop yout city properly.
The only thing you will achieve is that it's less punishing if you play the game "less sustainable" for a longer period of time.
You just end up with more players, that are hard stuck in their era, e.g. not able to complete events, colonial age roads and supply productions in 3 or even more ages above. We've all seen those ;)
For anyone decently playing FoE, these improvements have 0 to none impact.
I would love, if "regular tech tree" buildings would be a viable option for your city - but lets be real, they aren't. Even GBs are getting more and more useless.

Baledouris

Farmer
For my part, I got this speedup and I really enjoyed it!
Early ages can be done way faster. You still need some time, care and planification not to get stuck some ages later on, and all in all you get to more interesting ages faster. Which was, I suppose, the point of this speedup. :p

thelegend88

Squire
All this changes might have some effect but again the biggest issue is players in late eras are unable to test new content. If you are a Titan era player on live servers but don't have a city in here or have one in early eras then you will never get to test new era once it comes out.

Hopefuly one day you guys allow players from live servers to make a copy of their current city to beta server. It would certainly make beta server come to life and make sense again and you will gather a lot of feedback and catch all possible bugs before releasing to live. Same can be said for all the events and other features, much more testing and benefits to the community.