• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Venus (SAV)

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
@lordwasa any news on whether or not any changes to the Flying Island are planned?

I went through all the posts in this thread since the rewards from this great building were revealed, and the results speak for themselves. From feedback on the building I found 6 positive posts, 13 neutral posts ... but 122(!!) negative ones. Majority of these explicitly negative, the rest were suggestions for improvements that implied negative feeling towards the great building in its current state. To me this clearly shows that in it's current state, this great building is simply too weak and uninteresting, it needs changes.

We have provided a lot of feedback with plenty of ideas for improvements, some that I like, some that I think are less likely ... but would be great to know if this feedback has been registered at all, or if it's pointless to provide more feedback about the building.
Your feedback about the Flying Island not being worth it's rewards and the request for a secondary bonus have been forwarded every week.
So far no plans exist of changing/boosting the Flying Island but who knows that the future holds ;)

iPenguinPat

Squire
Your feedback about the Flying Island not being worth it's rewards and the request for a secondary bonus have been forwarded every week.
So far no plans exist of changing/boosting the Flying Island but who knows that the future holds ;)

We know you're the messenger, so we're not going to tar and feather you -- but ouch.

I have to give credit where credit is due. It has been super nice to see inno making pro-player updates (i.e. pvp tower, fix abort delay, fix zoom on production)...

...and yet, those were all changes that brought back what we previously had. They didn't add anything new and exciting. It really seems like Inno devs are out of touch with the player base by a really really wide margin. They had 3 changes in 2 months that caused uprisings and virtual riots. Flying Island is on pace to be one of the worst GBs of all time from a usage standpoint. And the PVP arena has failed... twice!

I think the worst part is that we're given a feedback thread. We give feedback, and we get silence. Not even a "we hear you, but we're waiting to see more data before we change anything." And if they aren't going to change anything, then why even bother with a feedback thread? *insert broken record meme*

1BFA

Viceroy
We know you're the messenger, so we're not going to tar and feather you -- but ouch.

I have to give credit where credit is due. It has been super nice to see inno making pro-player updates (i.e. pvp tower, fix abort delay, fix zoom on production)...

...and yet, those were all changes that brought back what we previously had. They didn't add anything new and exciting. It really seems like Inno devs are out of touch with the player base by a really really wide margin. They had 3 changes in 2 months that caused uprisings and virtual riots. Flying Island is on pace to be one of the worst GBs of all time from a usage standpoint. And the PVP arena has failed... twice!

I think the worst part is that we're given a feedback thread. We give feedback, and we get silence. Not even a "we hear you, but we're waiting to see more data before we change anything." And if they aren't going to change anything, then why even bother with a feedback thread? *insert broken record meme*

Oh btw the Abort delay is back on live server :(

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just my observations from SAV.

1. A new GB for the highest era of FOE gives rewards to speed up coins, medals, and a bunch of the same? Rogue's? Seriously?!? That amazes me the developers aren't coming up with new content to reward. Leverage your other games and rewards there? A little cross support. In Elevenar you have an enchantment that allows for the player to accrue past the 10 Knowledge points (up to 20). Nothing in FoE allows you to accrue past 10. You can collect past 10, but not accrue. Is this a big thing, absolutely not. It's something different though. How about a boost (similar to coin/supplies) that gives you 15 minutes for an extra pick in GBG. New boosts.....anything.

2. If I am not mistaken Inno was asking for input a few months ago on ideas for new settlements. Now they are making a GB that is dedicated to having a settlement open? With all the ideas that have been provided in the forum this was the final result? A more expensive ToR. I can even understand the no secondary reward if the first was great. Not the case though. Nothing around an extra turn for GBG, or goods of an era of your choice, or something useful.

3. I see a change was made to add one medal expansion (Thanks I guess). While offering 3 diamond ones? Is Inno really that petty they wouldn't do 2 and 2? Even if this keeps up with the averages for the last few era's. Seems like a miss to me. Especially when one expansion is 16 blocks, and just the GB is 24.

4. Something new, something to keep the older players engaged? I have looked and all I am seeing is Space Age Mars with new colors and a few changes.

Just my opinion. I'll stay in SAAB as I don't see the value of moving up an age. I'd say no to the FI as well. I would argue the Galata Tower has more value and usage to a high level player than the FI does. At least you get the chance of protection and goods for almost a 1/3 of the space.
Start to think of it, they've asked a very long time ago players for coming up with
unique GB bonuses. Pretty much all where many times better than what we've
got with FL. Stuff I saw returning from that was:
Terracotta Army
Virgo (lore behind the GB, kinda the bonus but modified)

however, the winning idea allowing for customisable bonus with a great variety of
different passive bonuses has never made it through. Not even the suggested GB
itself in any way. Makes me wonder, why the've launched a contest to begin with
but ending up with FL instead of digging up ideas from that contest...

m.s.b.

Farmer
Just re-upping my earlier FI suggestion in this thread:

Multiplier on all town hall daily collection output!

* Scales from 2x to 5x as you level and tapers off with steep diminishing returns from there.
* Since this would multiply embassies, this is a direct boost to cultural settlements, so fits well with theme
* Embassy rewards are customizable by player, giving choice
* Incentivizes players to spend diamonds on embassy slots, which is a nice side-boost for inno
* For most players, turns your town hall into part-mini-CC, part-mini-traz, in a way that is desirable and not OP
* Also has a nice side synergy with guild progress, since the FP bonus from your guild level would also be multiplied
* Future-proof: scales slightly with the marginal power creep in embassies over time
* Could just add this bonus to the existing shards bonus; no need to change, rebalance, or nerf existing work
* The whole thing would be comparable to or slightly superior to something like Himeji

I know Inno is just radio silent at this point but it is a pretty great suggestion, IMO and if I may say so myself. :)

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
  • The rewards of the Flying Island have been slightly improved

It makes you wonder what our feedback is used for since we are only entitled to slight improvements ...

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
And what about this ? What are the new stats ?
  • The power of the Power Dragon unit has been slightly turned down.
Believe the change goes into effect tomorrow morning, so we'll know that for sure then. Harder to know what the flying island changes are without more details :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
probably of -100 attack than now(800)

I'd hope for -50. -100 seems a little extreme given that its attack was already a touch on the low side amongst SAV units.

I guess maybe this is a shot at making the steel fist more relevant by nerfing its nemesis. Though I suspect what it'll actually do is push people further towards "always energy cannons".

-Alin-

Emperor
1617266319712.png

So this is the powerdragon before changes, I am waiting for update to compare how it will be „slightly nerfed”.
Guess will be the deffensive reduced with 100-200, SaaB artilerry have only 550 and powerdragn have it nearly doubled.

1617267867222.png
Well, thats not sligthly lol, -100 from attack, that makes it really weaker ..

@Miguel was right.

Last edited:

hus0123

Farmer
The Power Dragon is already weak ang getting weaker, but its power shot skill, so this unit, especially with super scalling boost, remains the probably best SAV unit, allowing with Energy Cannons. So now, the Power Dragon has the lowest damage value, but their defense value is very high.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
The Power Dragon is already weak ang getting weaker, but its power shot skill, so this unit, especially with super scalling boost, remains the probably best SAV unit, allowing with Energy Cannons. So now, the Power Dragon has the lowest damage value, but their defense value is very high.
The power dragon was and no doubt is still great, the range and power shot makes it a great unit against light, heavy and artillery, and it can also deal with fast and ranged perfectly well with the power shot ability.

Zoja Z

Farmer

So this is the powerdragon before changes, I am waiting for update to compare how it will be „slightly nerfed”.
Guess will be the deffensive reduced with 100-200, SaaB artilerry have only 550 and powerdragn have it nearly doubled.

@Miguel was right.

@Miguel was right.

Maybe it’s effect of April Fools Day ;)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The power dragon was and no doubt is still great, the range and power shot makes it a great unit against light, heavy and artillery, and it can also deal with fast and ranged perfectly well with the power shot ability.

I don't know that I'd say it's a great unit. Granted I can't actually test them til they hit live, but the Energy Cannon already seemed better to me.

Power Shot is somewhat overrated imo - though they did add some of the few reasons for it to exist to this age (reactive armor, stealth, flying).

With the reactive armor only being 4 though, a high AO & Keen Eye can overcome that well enough with any unit. Furthermore with low base attack against a high base defense and with a bunch of boost in the picture, it might not hit for more than 4 very often anyways.

The stealth unit may not be able to make it to a tile it can hide on having the lowest initiative in the age.

Flying normally only matters to the artillery anyways - so in that sense, it just makes the fast unit flying-in-name-only for the age. But since the fast unit still moves first it should still win the matchup.

---

In terms of the nerf, it's disappointing - doesn't change my evaluation of the age that much - still likely a boring but safe combat age where at low-medium attrition any unit can beat any unit. Medium-high attrition is a bit sketchier unless you have a focus on defense over attack since the units mostly skew that way.

Playing with the damage calculator it seems at the sort of attrition that I actually worry about how things work, this nerf took PD vs SF damage from 3-5 to 2-5. So not the end of the world. They were already going to be reliant on crits/keen eye procs and range to win those fights.