• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Venus (SAV)

Gvdbvbvedd

Farmer
I did not read all the comment on SAV age, so maybe this have been adress before, but the new GB in my opinion is not desing for SAV player for many reasons;

#1 - most of SAV player are already done with Settlement and don't do it anymore, once completed, i have a lot more to do in my city than wasting times in settlement for 50 or 60 FP / 2 weeks so no interest to build it

#2 - Prizes are interesting for low level player, at some points in progress those rewards are not valuable anymore.

#3 - As told most of the people that will build this will be low age people, they will spend a fortune in Goods and FP to buy goods from SAV player, this bad
investment will affect their progression a lot, and like most people at this age don't understand yet how the mechanic of the game is and will add a level 5 Fliying island to their collection of Low level GB bought at very high cost, ( level 6 Hijemi, Level 4 Space carrier in Iron Age, etc... )

#4 - The cost is astronomical ! even for people that still have 4 setlements to do the ROI is too low, enven for a level 50+ building, this is a copy of the Temple of relics for Setlements, price should be about the same, maybe a little bit higher, because in GE you have only 64 possibillity per week, and we should have more in setlements

This building is not bad, it's just not desingned for SAV player, that should be a EMA or HMA building, at a price of approximatively 1000 Total goods of that age, i would have use it a lot while going thru the 4 setlements, but event if a 5th or more setlement coming, I won't spend a FP or goods on the flying Island

i see only 1 good point, we'll get tons of medal from taking 1st and 2nd spot on it, and for guild fighting a lot in AA medals are always useful....

#4 - The cost is astronomical ! even for people that still have 4 setlements to do the ROI is too low, enven for a level 50+ building, this is a copy of the Temple of relics for Setlements, price should be about the same, maybe a little bit higher, because in GE you have only 64 possibillity per week, and we should have more in setlements
I agree to most of what you said, but as to #4, there are actually 22 less chances per week than in GE, and you don't have the chance to get any of the better stuff GE gives (like buildings), just the filler, so to me it is actually worth only a fraction of the ToR's value

Gvdbvbvedd

Farmer
I agree to most of what you said, but as to #4, there are actually 22 less chances per week than in GE, and you don't have the chance to get any of the better stuff GE gives (like buildings), just the filler, so to me it is actually worth only a fraction of the ToR's value

You are right, i miscalculated, so it should cost less than the TOR

You are right, i miscalculated, so it should cost less than the TOR
now you see why we're upset

Though that's only part of it.

The FP required for GBs to level scales up with age. This costs a lot more than ToR to build given that ToR is 'no age', which is the cheapest of all. Cheaper than Zeus. But it costs way more goods AND way more FP to build, and the rewards aren't even good. Plus it's been four ages since there's been a good GB (I'm not counting SC as good even though it's not as bad as this crap, because SC is more expensive than Himeji and requires negotiating goods to get the same rewards). Mars, SAAB and now Venus have all been absolute jokes. It's now a second age where rather than thinking up something new, they blindly copy an old mechanic with little modification and little thought in to how they're actually doing a worse job at it compared to the original design.

The flying noob trap costs 900x5 (4500) Venus goods.
ToR costs 300 iron age goods

If you trade those Venus goods down to iron age at 1.5 to 1, it's the equivalent of 2.9 million iron age goods to build it
If you trade them down 2:1, it's 294 million iron age goods. 2:1 is actually still easily feasible on my server (US:Z) though I doubt if there's 294 million iron age goods across the whole server.

This also suffers from a flaw in the ToR (because it was so blindly copied) that the medium/silver rewards are more desirable than the rare/gold rewards. With ToR, the higher it levels, the less FP you get, and the more you get a bunch of crap you can only sell to the antique dealer.

It's disgusting.

Whatever their boost to it was better have been really good, for it to not be an insult.

New 'Flying Island' idea

Since it's flying, how about we slightly tweak the mechanic
Keep the new GB's fp and good cost, keep it in Venus
But get rid of the current reward entirely, and only replace it with one: make it so that you can build underneath it (so it gives you back the space it takes)

100% i'd build it then. But I won't be building it as-is.

FTR more than anything, I'm upset about all the in-game messaging I'll have to do whenever someone asks me for goods, to explain to people why they shouldn't build it before someone else rips them off with their undesirable goods.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The FP required for GBs to level scales up with age. This costs a lot more than ToR to build given that ToR is 'no age', which is the cheapest of all.

Just correcting this:
1) No-Age mirrors HMA costs. Bronze through EMA are cheaper than No-Age (post-10 at least. pre-10 no-age stats have been made a cheap exception at times)
2) There's an anomaly that started in PME that cause PME through FE buildings to be abnormally cheap to level when using 1.9 - often cheaper than low age buildings if looking at cost to say level 70 or so. In AF the anomaly was removed and from AF on buildings resume the normal trend of "higher age = more expensive".

This doesn't detract from your point that Flying Island will be the most expensive GB in the game to level for poor benefits. But No-Age isn't the cheapest of all :)

Gvdbvbvedd

Farmer
FTR more than anything, I'm upset about all the in-game messaging I'll have to do whenever someone asks me for goods, to explain to people why they shouldn't build it before someone else rips them off with their undesirable goods.

This is the worst thing, I'm so tired to exoplain to iron age player with an arc, HC, TA, CC, Kraken, BG, all under level 10, why i won't sell them SaaB good for the space carrier... but no one listen... the good thing is that in the first 2 months of SAV, those kit will sell for a fortune and we'll make tons of FP !

iPenguinPat

Squire
The FP required for GBs to level scales up with age. This costs a lot more than ToR to build given that ToR is 'no age', which is the cheapest of all. Cheaper than Zeus. But it costs way more goods AND way more FP to build, and the rewards aren't even good. Plus it's been four ages since there's been a good GB (I'm not counting SC as good even though it's not as bad as this crap, because SC is more expensive than Himeji and requires negotiating goods to get the same rewards). Mars, SAAB and now Venus have all been absolute jokes. It's now a second age where rather than thinking up something new, they blindly copy an old mechanic with little modification and little thought in to how they're actually doing a worse job at it compared to the original design.

The flying noob trap costs 900x5 (4500) Venus goods.

Can we officially start calling this the Venus Noob Trap? why isn't this a thing yet?

I'll make a separate video on this, and you can just link to it. save you some typing.

Hi! Power dragon sees flying units? If not that it's usless unit for GvG also in the SAAB.
It can to use for some sets on GBG and that's all

qaccy

Emperor
still no details on the flying noob trap boost? are we still assuming it's an April fools day joke?

how about we get smart about this and stop talking about stupid units since we all know everyone's going to live with the unit changes, only talk about this GB until it's made proper. All this stuff about the units is just ruining our chances of being heard in a reasonable and responsible manner rather than ignored and deflected. #stopthetrap
While you're telling everyone to go just live with the units, you might as well go ahead and live with the GB as well. Unlike units, you don't have to build a GB if it isn't worth it for you. Units, on the other hand, still have to be faced in battles even if you don't wanna use 'em!

hus0123

Farmer
In FE we had one strong unit (heavy), two moderately useful ones (artillery and light), and two completely unacceptable ones (fast and ranged).

There are different parts stength for AF (only heavy) and OF primary and secondary units; but posibbly one strong AF unit is the Battle Fortress, while the strong OF units are Turturrets and Eels.

In VF we had one strong unit (artillery), one moderately useful (ranged), two mostly acceptable (heavy and fast), and one completely unacceptable (light).

In SAM we had two strong units (heavy and fast), one moderately useful (artillery), and two mostly acceptable (ranged and light).

In SAAB we had two moderately useful ones (ranged and artillery), and three completely unacceptable ones (heavy, light, and fast).

In SAV we have two strong units (artillery and fast), one moderately useful and the mostly unacceptable (ranged), and two completely unacceptable ones (light and heavy).

Power Dragons are strong units like either Steel Wardens, Rocket Troops, Turturrets or Nail Storms; while Energy Cannons are strong units like Sentinels.

Ghost Blasters aren't much useful units due to their movement cost and their Blast skill (if we are using these units) is going stupidly moving into the melee attack.

Before the releasement of Venus, flying units were absolutely won in battle vs any artillery units, even when the lowest age flying units were able to win in battle vs the highest age artillery units.

So now, all past ages flying units (from CE to SAAB) can win in battle everywhere vs any artillery units (except Power Dragons due to their Power Shot without Recharge).

Currently, Hover Tanks can win in battle vs any ranged units (except ranged units with Blast skill), light units up until the end of OF, artillery units without Blast nor Power Shot, other heavy units until the end of VF and fast units up to VF.

The VF battle is the final battle that Hover Tanks could win (mainly vs VF ranged, artillery and heavy units rather than vs VF light and fast units).

Last edited:

Big Baloney

Farmer
New 'Flying Island' idea

Since it's flying, how about we slightly tweak the mechanic
Keep the new GB's fp and good cost, keep it in Venus
But get rid of the current reward entirely, and only replace it with one: make it so that you can build underneath it (so it gives you back the space it takes)

100% i'd build it then. But I won't be building it as-is.

if it is flying let it fly away out of the game, thats my idea lol

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
While you're telling everyone to go just live with the units, you might as well go ahead and live with the GB as well. Unlike units, you don't have to build a GB if it isn't worth it for you. Units, on the other hand, still have to be faced in battles even if you don't wanna use 'em!

You don't have to battle either. It's a choice.
I don't battle (and as such don't have any combat orientated GBs) and I'm doing fine.

Imo the battle system is the worst part of this whole game. But you know, each to their own.