• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Venus (SAV)

Havik79

Baronet
Can we get confirmation, do you just need to have say Vikings open to get the shards, or do you have to actually being doing a settlement.

Amaroke

Farmer
I find that not bad! But what is 'mysterious shard' ? A guaranteed reward in addition to the one linked to the rarity?

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
These rewards are very poor considering the resources to level. A simple comparison to ToR:

Common
Flying IslandTemple of Relics
20 Forge Points20 Forge Points
25 Goods25 Goods
5 Units5 Units
2 Blueprints2 Blueprints
1 UnitGate of the Sun God
CoinsFace of the Ancient
Supplies

First 5 are the same, the last 2/3 are much better for the Temple of Relics, I think most would agree on that

Uncommon
100 Forge Points100 Forge Points
200 Goods200 Goods
10 Rogues10 Rogues
8 Hour Coins RushRitual Flame
6 Hour Supplies RushTribal Square
Mass Self AidSmall Medals Pack

First 3 are the same, the other 3 are different. Here it's much more up to personal preference, don't think there's too much in it, but I'd definitely not call the Flying Island an improvement.

Rare
One Up KitOne Up Kit
Renovation KitRenovation Kit
Store BuildingStore Building
5 BlueprintsTerrace Farm
MedalsFountain of Youth
150 FPs / 300 Goods*Sacred Sky Watch
*Edit, see announcement for info on it.

First 3 are the same, the next 3 are no question about it much worse for the Flying Island. The goods or FPs are nice, but I think most Space Age Venus players would rather have the buildings to sell to the Antiques Dealer. Medals and BPs are definitely worse.

Considering the additional resources needed to get the Flying Island AND the lower chance of getting shards compared to relics, this list definitely needs an update.

Some suggestions I'd like to see:

• Settlement Time Reward Fragments
  • Settlement Main Reward Fragments
  • Other Buildings
  • Better reward amounts compared to ToR
  • Removal of Medals, Coins, Supplies, 1 Unit and possibly 2/5 Blueprints.

Last edited:

Amaroke

Farmer
These rewards are very poor considering the resources to level. A simple comparison to ToR:

Common
20 Forge Points20 Forge Points
25 Goods25 Goods
5 Units5 Units
2 Blueprints2 Blueprints
1 UnitGate of the Sun God
CoinsFace of the Ancient
Supplies

First 5 are the same, the last 2/3 are much better for the Temple of Relics, I think most would agree on that

Uncommon
100 Forge Points100 Forge Points
200 Goods200 Goods
10 Rogues10 Rogues
8 Hour Coins RushRitual Flame
6 Hour Supplies RushTribal Square
Mass Self AidSmall Medals Pack

First 3 are the same, the other 3 are different. Here it's much more up to personal preference, don't think there's too much in it, but I'd definitely not call the Flying Island an improvement.

Rare
One Up KitOne Up Kit
Renovation KitRenovation Kit
Store BuildingStore Building
5 BlueprintsTerrace Farm
MedalsFountain of Youth
Sacred Sky Watch

First 3 are the same, the next 2/3 are no question about it much worse for the Flying Island.

Considering the additional resources needed to get the Flying Island AND the lower chance of getting shards compared to relics, this list definitely needs an update.

Some suggestions I'd like to see:
  • Settlement Time Reward Fragments
  • Settlement Main Reward Fragments
  • Other Buildings
  • Better reward amounts compared to ToR
  • Removal of Medals, Coins, Supplies, 1 Unit and possibly 2/5 Blueprints.
True but what is this :

Mysterious shard:

• Vikings: 300 random goods of your age
  • Egyptians: 150 forgepoints
  • Japanese: 300 random goods of your age
  • Aztecs: 150 forgepoints
???

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
Agreed with most here; the rewards are simply not good enough and not a lot of thought has gone into it, it seems, since there's things like medals and blueprints... Come on... Any player in Venus age isn't going to need that stuff, nor more coins or supplies.
This is a bad, bad GB.

Why not a stack of 'special goods' (martian ore and whatnot)?
Why not higher FP rewards at the rare mark? As it stands now the Uncommon rewards are better than the rare ones.
Why not give a 'universal blueprint' - a blueprint you can use in place of any other bp for any GB.
Why not a box comparable to the HC or SC rewards, where you get to pick from a selection of rewards?

Also; I think it's a missed opportunity to not have a few special extra venus buildings that you'd only be able to get through these shards.
Not many of them, maybe 3. That could've been interesting as well.

Be creative. It really seems as if the devs just copy/pasted the ToR rewards, changed a few things and called it a day.

Last edited:

Havik79

Baronet
I wish this forum had a facepalm button, like serious, space, goods, FP, to have the GB, and you literally get free stuff for doing nothing, and people still whing, like for real, yeah maybe it is costly, but it is giving you stuff for simply clicking on a cultural settlement, that is it.

CrashBoom

Legend
coin & supply rush ??

who still has coin only buildings ?

and supply rush is only good for people in events with their blacksmiths (or other supply only buildings)
but what with advanced players which use special buildings instead for those quests and those aren't rushed (like my Magnum Opus)

so how about:
- production building rush instead of supply rush. works for all productions. not only if those are supplies
- all building rush (including GB, townhall,..). nothing big like 8h. a small time. 5 or 15 minutes. would help to move collection time earlier a little bit because that goes later every day

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I wish this forum had a facepalm button, like serious, space, goods, FP, to have the GB, and you literally get free stuff for doing nothing, and people still whing, like for real, yeah maybe it is costly, but it is giving you stuff for simply clicking on a cultural settlement, that is it.

Well I mean there's a threshold where a building is worth building or not. Given how infrequently they come up these days, a GB that's not worth building to someone can be pretty heartbreaking to the type that's looking for a next thing to be excited about.

There's also the matter that some people care that their current age goods have value. The ability to sell those goods to lower age players requires a building a significant number of lower age players want.

I'm probably not going to be in a rush to build this one. I'm ok with that. I'd be more ok if they were committed to releasing a 2nd GB part way through the age and that one might be better. But where I had reasonable hope that might happen in SAAB, now that it didn't I have to presume it won't happen here either. Thankfully I'm not really a goods seller anymore and SAV goods holding no value won't hold me back from entering the age.

Just as @MooingCat is pointing it out, this GB needs an update. Rewards are the same (more or less) than the Temple of Relics.
So as we can compare the 2 GBs, let's compare them.

image_2021-03-09_151502.png
Courtesy of @NinjAlin :)

Let's say we level them up at level 69, so :
  • ToR bonus : 31.50%
  • FI Bonus : 40.01%
  • Nbr of rewards per week for ToR : 64
  • Nbr of rewards per week for FI : 42 (1 every 4 hours, 6 per day, 42 a week)
This means :
  • ToR average number of rewards per week : 20.16
  • FI average number of rewards per week : 16.80
Just to remind Inno, ToR is a no age building costing basically nothing (14'403 FPs in 1.9 boost from 0 to 60). FI cost from 0 to 60 is probably gonna be higher than Space Carrier which already has a cost of 29'582 FPs at 1.9, more than twice higher the cost of ToR...

At the present moment, the Flying Island is basically an "updated" Temple of Relics which costs more than two times the original one with less rewards a week and of lesser quality.

I agree with the suggestions done by @MooingCat, and would add a potential increase of the chances to get shards in the settlement.

SAV is from what I've seen the most beautiful age so far. The design team did an awesome job, everything is beautiful in my opinion. This Great Building is SAV. The design is also great, I love it. So please, let's make at least its bonus decent.

Also @lordwasa, would it be possible to get information on what is the "Mysterious Shard" specified in the list of rewards and how to get them ? This would be interesting to know about it to give further feedback. :)

Quoras

Merchant
I really don't understand what people are whining about too. Yeah maybe its costly, but it will give you lots of stuff. You can either take this stuff yourself, or sell it to antiquous dealer for more suitable buildings. On top of that we don't know the chances yet. Maybe the Fp-Rewards are higher/lower. And last : It doesn't matter what its cost, but what you get per square out of it. Many people nowadays level der castle himeji or space carrier to lvl 91 to get more efficiency. So don't mind high cost on a good building that gives you lots of stuff.

Amaroke

Farmer
I really don't understand what people are whining about too. Yeah maybe its costly, but it will give you lots of stuff. You can either take this stuff yourself, or sell it to antiquous dealer for more suitable buildings. On top of that we don't know the chances yet. Maybe the Fp-Rewards are higher/lower. And last : It doesn't matter what its cost, but what you get per square out of it. Many people nowadays level der castle himeji or space carrier to lvl 91 to get more efficiency. So don't mind high cost on a good building that gives you lots of stuff.

And one moment, you have to spend your fp somewhere, this GM is an option!