• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Titan

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Even if the new heavy had stealth on plains, it’s range of 3 would not make it the new hovertank. Much rather the new stealthtank from tomorrow era but with less range and a ridiculously high keen eye. It would still be wrecked by a lot but just getting more utility.

SAT units are well balanced as I take a glance. And so there is no combo that can take care of everything, meaning quick GBG fights is difficult. If you switch troops watching your enemy, you may actually go further deep into the ocean of attrition, taking some more time.

Making it this way that every units have some use, is certainly the direction the game should head, but at the same time, I and maybe many other players would consider staying in SAJM instead.
Curious, can how someone in the Iron Age can test this?
From practical experience while fighting the titan’s units I can disprove it: artillery and fast dominate but particularly fast does. It doesn’t matter that the fast got nerfed. Artillery’s mortar wrecks everything that isn’t flying, like @-ScytheNinjAlin- has documented and proven. Other than that fast units rule the battles of Titan. It’s really not balanced in practice

TARS

Merchant
Yes you have to swap more often armys in function what is ahead as enemy, it is not the same as using harpoens only and quick fight on GbG, but is just using 1 combo to do the fights an obligation ???? May i remind you when fighting in ocean where you have to swap armies every 2 or 3 fights.

If it's not easy enough it's not good hahaha

Well, I think most people are bothered by the fact that other players in the lower ages do more fights in the same time and then it gets boring to be at the start every time a sector opens because of a few fights. That was the terrible thing in the Oceanic Future. No one wants that:p

the AO gives a chance to increase the damage from 100% to 150%
Keen eye has the Chance to double the damage; so i assume from 100% to 200%
maybe I'm wrong but its for me the only declaration

TARS

Merchant
the enemy doesn't have an AO
how can it be fair ?

That's not meant in relation to the enemies, but in the context that many invest in the expansion of the AO and then the building becomes useless - that's the point. that's the advantage of the AO for itself, otherwise I could just tear it down.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
the enemy doesn't have an AO
how can it be fair ?
The enemy has 2 fresh armies, how can that be fair?
That's right, it would only be fair enough for the players who put a lot into expanding the AO to get the benefit of it.
My question was rather if it’s intended to let keen eye work on mortar or not. Since crit. hits don’t. I suspect a bug but can’t be sure of it. Not to suggest including crit. hit on mortar too

AO gives X% chance to do 150% damage, keen eye gives 20-40% chance to do 200% damage to the target.

CrashBoom

Legend
it is not fair

but AO working on mortar isn't either
so when fair is the only argument to apply it to AO then there is actually no argument for it :rolleyes:

that many invest in the expansion of the AO and then the building becomes useless
really ?
the AO becomes useless because the crit doesn't work on mortar

then better you sell it directly :D
because it doesn't make sense to keep a useless building :p

TARS

Merchant

My question was rather if it’s intended to let keen eye work on mortar or not. Since crit. hits don’t. I suspect a bug but can’t be sure of it. Not to suggest including crit. hit on mortar too

AO gives X% chance to do 150% damage, keen eye gives 20-40% chance to do 200% damage to the target.

yes, but it would still be fine if it's not a bug, i like the game especially because you can build the city strategically and that should be rewarded in my opinion :D It is at least worth to try :p

Last edited:

TARS

Merchant
it is not fair

but AO working on mortar isn't either
so when fair is the only argument to apply it to AO then there is actually no argument for it :rolleyes:

really ?
the AO becomes useless because the crit doesn't work on mortar

then better you sell it directly :D
because it doesn't make sense to keep a useless building :p

Come on Crashboom, you know what I mean :p

qaccy

Emperor
Yes and no, it's more situational. Mainly the abyssal gliders are the best and to some extend TAS' fast units can be okay-ish but beware that their range is compromised from 8 to 6 and aren't compensated unlike VF's fast (warrior monk) unit with more movement. Which has 40 movement where space age fast units have 30.
Just to chime in here, but I believe Monks had 40 movement to compensate for not having Flying. They can be hit by artillery and have to deal with some terrain types being more expensive to move across, which more or less gives them the same actual movement as a typical flyer.

Ironrooster

Baronet
Fair??? Really!!! Fighting in this game is all about building up an unfair advantage over your opponents.

The only fair combat in this game is the Egyptian Cultural settlement. Same units for both sides, no boosts, Ao, etc. - just terrain and opposing unit types applied equally to both sides.

jovada

Regent
No fighting in RQ, not interested to go titan, the 2000 limit is already a nonsense. Why ? Well this is a fighting game where players are prevented from fighting. It doesn't make sense

Last time i looked , forge of empires is still announced as a strategy game and not a fighting game ;)

MagicNess

Farmer
Last time i looked , forge of empires is still announced as a strategy game and not a fighting game ;)
Yes of course and when you are at the end of the titan techno-tree what do you do as strategy till the next era comes out ? 15mins gex a week, 5mins neighbors per day and then ? if you want make this a strategy game just revamp gvg

Beta King

Viceroy
The Titan units are horrible. In Jupiter I could move up to attrition 100. Now I have to worry on losing to many units when I am at 52%. I haven't read any succesfull combo's here. I tried several, but if you lose 2 units per fight minimum. And on other fights up to 7 when you are at attrition 70. Having
an attack/def bonus for attacking armies 2000+/1200? Against an army with 750/750?

That means the GBG fighting data they use are out of balance. I would expect, having added more attack bonus recently it should be possible to move up to attrition 110, instead of falling back to 72 %.

NO level of Traz can compensate such high losses.
How do you nerf massive amounts 0f GBG 0% fights for only the end game players without actually nerfing GBG, here hold my adult beverage and i will show you! Sincerely "Devs"

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just to chime in here, but I believe Monks had 40 movement to compensate for not having Flying. They can be hit by artillery and have to deal with some terrain types being more expensive to move across, which more or less gives them the same actual movement as a typical flyer.
TAS gaat should be similarly compensated for a compromised range, imo