• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Titan

Ice bear

Squire
I want ask...is possible that they change amount resources in technology tree? Or is always same in beta and live.
Thanks.

CrashBoom

Legend
I want ask...is possible that they change amount resources in technology tree? Or is always same in beta and live.
Thanks.
yes it will the same in beta and live

but there could be changes before it goes live

for example tomorrows update:
unknown dna synthesizer won't need unknown dna anymore to research

EDIT:
the two 2 techs before that also needs unknown dna
---> so they should (will ??) be changed as well to not require unknown dna anymore

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
LMAO, players asking for better range cause low range units are impractical. Than SAT or better called SAD got on top of discouraging keen eye, compromised range on the fast units. This makes it easy again to hard skip the entire space ages.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Maybe this question was already done and I don't find it.. :time:when will Titan go live on the other servers?
When it's announced there. They don't give us exact dates for live before the live team announces it.

Typically it's about 1 month after it's released in beta for eras though.

qaccy

Emperor
I was hoping that when we got to the space ages the units would not be like they are today and I was hoping that units would have certain unique power compared to another unit but which could be defeated depending on which unit you used Regardless if you were on Mars or Jupiter. Because currently there is a good unit that you use and the rest is thrown in the trash can. I hope they see the units with power equally in which a certain unit has more advantage over another and not that one unit is the best there is and the other 4 only serve to decorate the research
It was like that long before the space ages came along. Progressive and Modern were dominated by heavies. PME and CE were dominated by ranged (because Contact! is OP). TE, FE, and AF were again dominated by heavies, although FE also had artillery. VF was kinda the same as FE, but with artillery being the dominant unit and heavy being what you'd use otherwise. OF stands out as the one age with interesting combat because it had 10 units and myriad ability combinations. All of this is of course until you get enough military bonuses that stats and abilities hardly matter anymore. :p
There is also I *think* a few rare terrain that'll cock up going forward 10 squares with a flyer. I think houses slow them down?
I don't think Flying units are (intended to be) adversely affected by any terrain. It's in the tooltip, after all!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It was like that long before the space ages came along. Progressive and Modern were dominated by heavies. PME and CE were dominated by ranged (because Contact! is OP). TE, FE, and AF were again dominated by heavies, although FE also had artillery. VF was kinda the same as FE, but with artillery being the dominant unit and heavy being what you'd use otherwise. OF stands out as the one age with interesting combat because it had 10 units and myriad ability combinations. All of this is of course until you get enough military bonuses that stats and abilities hardly matter anymore. :p
I always liked conscripts - and fasts for that matter - better than heavies for GvG in Progressive (back before runaway boost - now it'd be RFCs probably lol). It wasn't so cut and dry as "one unit is just better".

But yes, there's some eras that have been stupidly unbalanced where there's a unit lacking a strong counter to it - and they tend to be among the more popular ones unfortunately :p i.e. Hover Tanks in FE (post-changes; at one time it was the Rail Gun that was too strong! But still always been a kinda-****ty age for balance), Nail Storms in SAAB.

---

It's funny you mention PME + CE though. PME is probably one of the best balanced ages in the game before boost-proliferation at least. Because the artillery put down serious beats on the MG teams and force almost every other unit to enter into the picture of "what might be best" (commandos still kinda suck). And at least they're strong enough on their own to be plausible answers.

CE is only unbalanced because of a few flavors of AI stupidity that show through particularly well in it :p These days even though AAVs+rogues are still probably the strongest generic army, many CE campers swear by heavies for reliability. And 8 Strike Teams works against a lot of stuff too. Even Helis have their believers. The only truly terrible unit is the artillery - which most of its terribleness is the AI uses it wrong :p It still does neat stuff if handled well. This might be the last age for a while though where they tried to make every unit at least credible - even if it didn't work out exactly the way it was supposed to where GvG turned into attackers using AAV+7 Rogues against defenders with 8 Assault Tanks to make sure they took some losses :p

TE is a 2-unit era. FE is a 1-unit era (though the 1 unit did change at some point). AF took many revisions including to the FE troops to get to a spot where it doesn't just cower in the face of FE entirely. OF benefits from a lot of different units but many of them are also just useless fodder.

---

VF is particularly good at highlighting the fodder problem though: when the fodder units are so bad they're not even plausible. Mortar is a very strong era-defining ability. And like the artillery forced second thoughts on MG teams in PME, the ninja forces second thoughts on the artillery in VF. One answer to the ninjas is the Ronin sure, but it's so bad against the artillery that the split Ninja-Rocket defending army is not good news for either rockets or ronins. Leading to the 8-Ninja attacking army - which is ok against everything, but often less than ideal. So we have a nice rock paper scissors going on, surely the other 2 units might be able to enter into it sometimes too right? Naaaah. Range-1 pretty much guarantees their status as nothing but fodder. Ninjas hit them first. Ronins get to attack them from range and retaliate while taking less damage. and Rocket Troops get to mortar all over them. They didn't think to make the units particularly good against at least *one* of the "good" troops.

TLDR: While I'd agree the problem started before space age, it wasn't "always like that" either. It wasn't until after Contemporary Era they really lost the handle on making ages where people could at least debate the merits of the units rather than immediately write off 2-4 of them :p Notably Space Age Mars was an exception where they managed to get back for 1 age to a spot where there's no unit that was 100% out of the discussion.

-Alin-

Emperor
Age - Troops Guide for AutoBattle

(IA) Iron Age - 8 Ballista
(EMA) Early Middle Ages - 2 Armored Infantry + 6 Rogues
(HMA) High Middle Ages - 2 Champions + 6 Rogues
(LMA) Late Middle Ages - 2 Imperial Guard + 6 Rogues or 2 Heavy Knights/Champions + 6 Rogues if you're up against at least 2 Cannons
(CA) Colonial Age - 2 Grenadiers + 6 Rogues or 2 Dragoons/Champions + 6 Rogues if you're up against at least 2 Field Guns
(InA) Industrial Age - 2 Howitzers + 6 Rogues
(PE) Progressive - 8 Rapid Fire Cannons or 2 Tanks + 6 Rogues when high attrition
(ME) Modern - 2 Battle Tanks + 6 Rogues
(PME) Post Modern - 2 MG Team + 6 Rogues
(CE) Contemporary - 2 Champions + 6 Rogues or 2 Anti-Air and 6 rogues
(TE) Tommorow - 2 Stealth Tanks + 6 Rogues
(FE) Future - 2 Hover Tanks + 6 Rogues
(AF) Arctic Future - 2 Hover Tanks + 6 Rogues
(OF) Oceanic Future - 1 Sub Cruisers + 1 Turturret + 6 Rogues or 8 Hydroelectric Eel or 2 Hover Tanks + 6 Rogues
(VF) Virtual Future - 8 Rocket Troops or 2 Ronin Bots + 6 Rogues (SAM) Space Age Mars - 2 Steel Warden + 6 Rogues or 8 Sentinels
(SAAB) Space Age Asteroid Belt - 2 Nail Storms + 6 Rogues
(SAV)Space Age Venus - 2 Power Dragons + 6 Rogues or 8 Energy Cannons
(SAJM)Space Age Jupiter Moon -2 Harpoon Grenadiers + 6 Rogues/4 Abysaal Gliders + 4 Rogues/ 5 cavitation tanks + 3rogues(in fights without flying units)
(SAT)- do we have units to fight? :))))
It might be 8 flying units/ 8 artilery units( in fights in which there is no flying) /2 ranged with 6 rogues/ 2 ranged 2 artilerries 4 rogues ...

TLDR: While I'd agree the problem started before space age, it wasn't "always like that" either. It wasn't until after Contemporary Era they really lost the handle on making ages where people could at least debate the merits of the units rather than immediately write off 2-4 of them :p Notably Space Age Mars was an exception where they managed to get back for 1 age to a spot where there's no unit that was 100% out of the discussion.
this is usless. I mean, i want one unit to play whole age. Foe back 10 years ago and now are 2 different games. Nowadays you need to do fights as quick as possible, so just give ine good unit per age, and rest is trash tu put in defs in gvg
hope titan is the same

-Alin-

Emperor
Maybe this question was already done and I don't find it.. :time:when will Titan go live on the other servers?
Between beta and live for Jupiter was one month and a half distance
So it might be around 2 months from beta to live untill You see Titan, there is still work on it to be done and bugs to be fixed.

KOFE

Farmer
why aren't supplies also added to the GB level unlock costs? these are a much rarer resource than coins, and would have limited the mass levelling of GB's even more properly :p
For me is solution simple. Require Crystallized Hydrocarbons. Then GG for players below SAT. Pay many diamonds or come in to Titan age. This new GBs make players in OP future era much more overboosted. (If have material donators)