• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Titan

qaccy

Emperor
Maybe Inno's quietly observing how battles are currently playing out with the SAT units as they are, and will adjust stats based on that usage. To push players away from using SAJM units that're still being used, and/or to push them towards using the less popular units. The thinking here is that the players are going to indirectly determine what the stats will end up being, not based on explicit feedback, but through gameplay statistics. Just speculating here though!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Maybe Inno's quietly observing how battles are currently playing out with the SAT units as they are, and will adjust stats based on that usage. To push players away from using SAJM units that're still being used, and/or to push them towards using the less popular units. The thinking here is that the players are going to indirectly determine what the stats will end up being, not based on explicit feedback, but through gameplay statistics. Just speculating here though!
You'd need a level of iteration for this. i.e. to see how well the first adjustments work, and then do a little more or a little different. I don't think it can be too helpful to have them far from the target stats for a long period of time.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
One thing I just noticed:
In view of Centaurus... should Stargazer not get a buff??? at least to +1 good per level instead of 1 good every 10+ levels?
otherwise, SG is a clear deletion in favor of Centaurus - centaurus is smaller and gives way more goods in addition to plenty attack%. sure, it is more expensive - but do endgamers really care about that?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
In view of Centaurus... should Stargazer not get a buff??? at least to +1 good per level instead of 1 good every 10+ levels?
otherwise, SG is a clear deletion in favor of Centaurus - centaurus is smaller and gives way more goods in addition to plenty attack%. sure, it is more expensive - but do endgamers really care about that?
I don't think they've ever buffed old GBs... But yes, Star Gazer's looking like a deletion. It was already starting to look like that with the advent of more efficient goods producing event buildings you can just not-reno and that do more than make goods.

Interestingly, Aachen is also treading dangerously close to eventual-deletion territory itself because of those event buildings. Even CdM is now sitting on the bubble where it's comparable to Sunhaven Palace in efficiency.

Beta King

Viceroy
Can we have a change to AO and make it able to hit in all space ages? I want to use the Harpoons and Flying from Jupiter to beat Titan ...

Titan units doesn't impress me, apart from artilery, all units are pretty trash, it will make fights a lot slower also lose a lot of units, even with Alcatraz that gives me 200 units/day, could not sustain that easy Titan fights to "grind" the goods.
So if we level up to titan we can say goodbye to farming GBG 1k+ fights per day with any kind of speed? This will be really good for those who stay behind, hopefully the top ranked players level up not knowing and will have no way to sustain their ranking.

-Alin-

Emperor
So if we level up to titan we can say goodbye to farming GBG 1k+ fights per day with any kind of speed? This will be really good for those who stay behind, hopefully the top ranked players level up not knowing and will have no way to sustain their ranking.

Not a goodbye, but fights will be harder and injuries higher on lower attrition If You go with something else and not a flying unit ...
Artilerries are the issue with their mortar abbility, and flying units got their range nerfed, so those will be injured aswell by the other units they werent able to hit and reach from the first move ...

Heavy units are weaker even with hiding in rocks.
Light unit, does it matter to talk about it?
Ranged units are ok, are stronger than Harpoons but are missing the contact ability, while You can use those for low attrition fights, artilerries will hurt all of them, including the rogues ...
After each 2-3 fights going with ranged You will have to change the units, even below 10 attrition.
You could sustain 10 or more with flying units from Jupiter below 20 attrition, seen that yesterday, but You will miss the AO critical shot and 5% less keen eye.

2 arty 2 ranged 4 rogues gets wiped pretty fast after 40 attrition, my stats being 3.2/1.8 attack.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Not a goodbye, but fights will be harder and injuries higher on lower attrition If You go with something else and not a flying unit ...
Artilerries are the issue with their mortar abbility, and flying units got their range nerfed, so those will be injured aswell by the other units they werent able to hit and reach from the first move ...

Heavy units are weaker even with hiding in rocks.
Light unit, does it matter to talk about it?
Ranged units are ok, are stronger than Harpoons but are missing the contact ability, while You can use those for low attrition fights, artilerries will hurt all of them, including the rogues ...
After each 2-3 fights going with ranged You will have to change the units, even below 10 attrition.
You could sustain 10 or more with flying units from Jupiter below 20 attrition, seen that yesterday, but You will miss the AO critical shot and 5% less keen eye.

2 arty 2 ranged 4 rogues gets wiped pretty fast after 40 attrition, my stats being 3.2/1.8 attack.
Have you tried using 5/6art. + 2/3heavy? In OF art. is good to hurt most things across the board and is often great to clear <3-4 art. When there are fast units heavies can tackle them. Art. can strike down most other units from a safe distance. Though range unit could be painful at times.
From my experience from playing the majority in OF, with 5/6 art. + 2/3 heavies fast are less aggressive. They often waste there 1st turn by moving a little forward. Giving heavies the chance the position themselves better and sometimes art. to hurt them through mortar by attacking hostile units near the fast units. Though the issue in TAS might be the lower range on heavies compared to OF.

Edit; other worthwhile alternatives could be ranged units, although fast could behave than more aggressively. The benefit is a great range but the aggression and boosts of fast vs range could make it not work.
Another maybe is light. I know you’ve excluded them but their range is slightly better than heavy and has also a boost against fast. Which may trigger fast units to be less aggressive. Combined with the slightly more range it maybe can do more to tackle fast. Another ironic fast counter could be fast themselves.

If only icebreakers had a range of 7…

Last edited:

Quoras

Merchant

I would say, that argument is a bit flawed. There are multiple Lb with same effect but you still have both/all of them. Stargazer will still be usefull for gathering goods of the age before, which most people need heavily in negotiaons (esc Gex 5). At the very least they will come in handy when the next Age hits and it produces Titan Goods, which most people probably still need by then.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
In fact, all eras when released had corrections in the statistics of the units. In Jupiter there was a buff and in Venus a nerf in the power dragon
The job was done and some units needed to be adjusted.
This is normal on a beta world.

Titan has been out for 10 days, unit work is just done.
This is not normal, even on a beta world.

It feels like only the graphic designers are working and always doing a good job, the rest is shoddy.

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Titan has been out for 10 days, unit work is just done.
This is not normal, even on a beta world.

It feels like only the graphic designers are working and always doing a good job, the rest is shoddy.
The age was released on the 7th of June. The issue was reported one day later. Because of the major issues with the Summer Event on the day before, that took a lot of (unplanned) work over the next days, it only started making progress on Monday, June 12th. The issue got fixed on June 13th in the afternoon. As there were no updates since then, the new balancing could not be pushed to the server until today.
Lot's of factors in there, that are nobody's fault.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I can't test at the moment my theory but I would opt., based off the units' specs, for either 5/6 art. + 2/3 light or ranged units. Depending on what the enemy has. For example with up to 4 art. + 2-3 fast I'd opt for light I think. Cause it'll scare the fast to not act aggressively and can probably tackle them in a similar way as OF crabs (using their more movement to offset their shorter range) and using art. to strike down other art., heavy and light. Though for ranged I think my setup can struggle a bit. Will try it at a later moment.

-Alin-

Emperor
I can't test at the moment my theory but I would opt., based off the units' specs, for either 5/6 art. + 2/3 light or ranged units. Depending on what the enemy has. For example with up to 4 art. + 2-3 fast I'd opt for light I think. Cause it'll scare the fast to not act aggressively and can probably tackle them in a similar way as OF crabs (using their more movement to offset their shorter range) and using art. to strike down other art., heavy and light. Though for ranged I think my setup can struggle a bit. Will try it at a later moment.
Used them in the video, not great.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
The age was released on the 7th of June. The issue was reported one day later. Because of the major issues with the Summer Event on the day before, that took a lot of (unplanned) work over the next days, it only started making progress on Monday, June 12th. The issue got fixed on June 13th in the afternoon. As there were no updates since then, the new balancing could not be pushed to the server until today.
Lot's of factors in there, that are nobody's fault.
When I was working my company had a quality control system.
A list of actions to be done, a self-check by the performer and a validation check by the manager.
If the values of the units are not modified, the corresponding line in the list is not checked, the manager does not validate the product which does not come out as is.
With such an organization an oversight of this type is not possible.

The beta world should only be used to detect bugs or imbalances that only reveal themselves with use, not for easily identified omissions.