• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Titan

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
By the time they even figured out a way to rebalance GbF in a (more profitable/) fair way, we're probably already in space hub age III or IV.
Either way, with keen eye in the way, we're for sure not seeing any interesting units' combinations anymore. Like we had, to name a few:

Rapid deployment + blast
Flying + dragonbreath
Rapid deployment + stealth

Nowadays fast is flying + keen eye locked. In the place of keen eye could've been so many interesting twists and perks instead. Among other units. Like heavy is since SAAB just a mockery. All the while since SAV most other units got updated and improved upon with some variations. Imo keen eye and lack of fixing heavies' 2-range broke what could've been interesting of space ages: variating matchups. Heavies became hardly useful and keen eye made victories at time feel cheap and undeserved. While some defeats felt equally cheap and undeserved.
My bigger hopes on the space hub age(s) is them realising this and spicing stuff a bit more up.

Last edited:
By the time they even figured out a way to rebalance GbF in a (more profitable/) fair way, we're probably already in space hub age III or IV.
Either way, with keen eye in the way, we're for sure not seeing any interesting units' combinations anymore. Like we had, to name a few:

Rapid deployment + blast
Flying + dragonbreath
Rapid deployment + stealth

Nowadays fast is flying + keen eye locked. In the place of keen eye could've been so many interesting twists and perks instead. Among other units. Like heavy is since SAAB just a mockery. All the while since SAV most other units got updated and improved upon with some variations. Imo keen eye and lack of fixing heavies' 2-range broke what could've been interesting of space ages: variating matchups. Heavies became hardly useful and keen eye made victories at time feel cheap and undeserved. While some defeats felt equally cheap and undeserved.
My bigger hopes on the space hub age(s) is them realising this and spicing stuff a bit more up.

I was hoping that when we got to the space ages the units would not be like they are today and I was hoping that units would have certain unique power compared to another unit but which could be defeated depending on which unit you used Regardless if you were on Mars or Jupiter. Because currently there is a good unit that you use and the rest is thrown in the trash can. I hope they see the units with power equally in which a certain unit has more advantage over another and not that one unit is the best there is and the other 4 only serve to decorate the research

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Daenerys Targaryen yeah that’s another missed opportunity. Like earlier ages various units had quite good counters. Personally I would’ve liked something similar, just achieved with skills countering each other. Creating a great set of units that can be used strategically. It would become harder to beat, sure and farming would take a hit but overall it could’ve been more interesting.
As you’ve put it, there are a few superior units and just some fillers. Heavies have taken the role of fillers since SAAB. I thin it would be interesting to see for a change heavies to be useful and interesting again. They used to be the type of units to look out for. In the space ages even my fast overrun the Titan heavies. Something they used to be good at countering.

-Alin-

Emperor
Level 80 confirmed on all Titan Great Buildings.

image11.png

image112.png

image13.png

Also keen eye 40 confirmed, flying units get nerfed in range and attack and artilerries the Best units in fights without flying.

Last edited:

KOFE

Farmer
@-ScytheNinjAlin-

So in the movie i saw someone asking what is the size of the new GB, and they could'nt even answer , well prepared to answer on a live session i must say
Technicaly has ben stream epic fail. Broken secondary audio with echo, and video lagging looks like problem with upload. And all only on 720p. Pure tragedy.

-Alin-

Emperor
And the amount of coins and goods needed per lv did not put why?

It's linear, +60x5 and 3m goods increase each level for Pegasus, 80x5 and 4m coins for Centaurus and 100x5 and 5 for hydra, the spreadheet that is here on forum is the right one for us.

Prolly they will add the costs for unlocking elsewhere anyway.

-Alin-

Emperor
does that matter ?
from 8 range to 6
but 30 movement

in the video it still moved first and reached the enemy
It does when You go with 8 of them, not all of them will be able to hit 100%, also are weaker in attack while all units got stronger on defensive, so ranged aren't that great unit to fit all fights now.

2 arty 2 ranged and 4 rogues Should be the new go I Guess, we'll see.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
does that matter ?
from 8 range to 6
but 30 movement

in the video it still moved first and reached the enemy
It can't hit whichever unit it wants - went and looked at a map with gliders (movement 30 but range 8) and they can get within 4 tiles (= range 6) of the enemy line, just barely. Crossing over to hit the opposite side of the enemy line is too much. Still seems it should be good - but the auto might mess up some of the targeting and block some of the later flyers from squares they need to be on to hit remaining units.

1686758922541.png

The 4 black lines/stars, that's the *only* position they'll be able to move to and hit on the first turn - and they'll have to hit the 4 yellow stars. from it. The other 4 will have a selection of 2-3 targets.

The attack stat is fine. Might cost it a few attrition at the top end is all.

So I'd still bank on 8 flyers still being the goto but it won't be as good as 8 flyers in jupiter.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
There is also I *think* a few rare terrain that'll cock up going forward 10 squares with a flyer. I think houses slow them down?

-Alin-

Emperor
Can we have a change to AO and make it able to hit in all space ages? I want to use the Harpoons and Flying from Jupiter to beat Titan ...

Titan units doesn't impress me, apart from artilery, all units are pretty trash, it will make fights a lot slower also lose a lot of units, even with Alcatraz that gives me 200 units/day, could not sustain that easy Titan fights to "grind" the goods.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Can we have a change to AO and make it able to hit in all space ages? I want to use the Harpoons and Flying from Jupiter to beat Titan ...

Titan units doesn't impress me, apart from artilery, all units are pretty trash, it will make fights a lot slower also lose a lot of units, even with Alcatraz that gives me 200 units/day, could not sustain that easy Titan fights to "grind" the goods.
Lol, well i mean that's exactly why AO got age-locked I think - because people wanted to use FE units to beat AF :p

-Alin-

Emperor
Lol, well i mean that's exactly why AO got age-locked I think - because people wanted to use FE units to beat AF :p

Yes, Hovers are still OP till OF iirc, great units.

Will test tomorrow the units, but fights with 40 keen eye are like dice gambling games, it's all about how RNG works for You or against You ...
Might be again the ranged units the ones to use but with heavy loses due to the Mortar from artilerries.