• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Space Age Titan

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Alcatraz is still useful but does not require a high level.
With a level 56 I have 73,000 rogues in storage.
I play without barracks, I only build one at the very beginning of a new era, there is still a rogue den in my city.
And I have no special buildings only the emissaries.
The more I fight in GB, the more units I earn.
Only GvG consumes a lot of units for players who give defenses, otherwise a big alcatraz is useless.
With 5 or 6 rogue den (that's 30 rogues) for an average player, I think Alcatraz may be superfluous, especially if it has a high relic temple.

AllamHRK

Baronet
Does this take into consideration the construction of all military buildings needed to make Alc. work?
That's right, my mistake...

Add +6 spaces to produce the rogues and we have... 0.75 efficiency versus 0.74 for the building. Hmm...

Add +24 spaces from a grenadier barracks (last age) and we have... 0.61 efficiency, the alcatraz really loses under these conditions, but raise it to Lv.75 and that's it, again it has a better efficiency .

Remembering that we are comparing with the best special building of units and that it is limited, that is, that it does not have scale... to be fair we would have to compare it with some event building that has scale (you can place several in the city if you want), for example the governor's villa or the viceroy's villa, which produce 4 and 5 units, having respectively 0.12 and 0.15 efficiency.

Sorry, in the current reality of the game in the context of units, I can't see a scenario where Alcatraz isn't the best option, as that's what the numbers tell me. But I respect those who think differently, anyway, in the end the results reflect what each one believes and their choices.

AllamHRK

Baronet
Alcatraz is still useful but does not require a high level.
With a level 56 I have 73,000 rogues in storage.
I play without barracks, I only build one at the very beginning of a new era, there is still a rogue den in my city.
And I have no special buildings only the emissaries.
The more I fight in GB, the more units I earn.
Only GvG consumes a lot of units for players who give defenses, otherwise a big alcatraz is useless.
With 5 or 6 rogue den (that's 30 rogues) for an average player, I think Alcatraz may be superfluous, especially if it has a high relic temple.
Well, like I said... it's among the best GBs for competitive gamers, the most active... for casual gamers/farmers, I really agree that it's not such a big deal.

Is this not supposed to be a Titan page?
That's right, sorry... I won't continue this subject here anymore.
(I hadn't noticed the topic, thanks)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
That's right, my mistake...

Add +6 spaces to produce the rogues and we have... 0.75 efficiency versus 0.74 for the building. Hmm...

Add +24 spaces from a grenadier barracks (last age) and we have... 0.61 efficiency, the alcatraz really loses under these conditions, but raise it to Lv.75 and that's it, again it has a better efficiency .

Remembering that we are comparing with the best special building of units and that it is limited, that is, that it does not have scale... to be fair we would have to compare it with some event building that has scale (you can place several in the city if you want), for example the governor's villa or the viceroy's villa, which produce 4 and 5 units, having respectively 0.12 and 0.15 efficiency.

Sorry, in the current reality of the game in the context of units, I can't see a scenario where Alcatraz isn't the best option, as that's what the numbers tell me. But I respect those who think differently, anyway, in the end the results reflect what each one believes and their choices.
Actually the villa’s are the worse available. To be fair:

0,83 units/square Royal bathhouse
0,5 units/square knight pavilion

Practically either above once’s have a chance to produce any unit of your age. Let’s keep SAJM as the vanilla comparison age.
24 square - Light unit
28 square - Artillery unit
28 square - Fast unit
25 square - heavy unit
24 square - range unit
9 square - champions
138 additional squares to get Alcatraz on the same page
70 square Alcatraz

208 squares total

208 squares * 0,83 units/square (royal bathhouse) = 172,64 units or 173 units
208 squares * 0,5 units/square (knight pavilion) = 104 units

So, in SAJM for Alcatraz to hit the same efficiency with the same potential results for;
Royal bathhouse: 175 even / 176+ better
Knight pavilion: 106 even, 107+ better

To be fair no reasonable person would use Alcatraz to produce all units. Let’s settle with the range and fast units as they’re the most useful:
70 square Alcatraz + 28 squares (fast unit) + 24 squares (range unit) = 122 square * 0,5 units/square = 61 units. This indeed drops it down back to lvl 63 to equal the knight pavilion or 64+ to outperform. Though arguably it happens at a lower level with common recruitment discounts from guild level. Imho it’s still a bit of a hassle. Besides that the changing military buildings which you need to switching in and out.
I see the appeal of Alcatraz. Especially when “consuming” lots of units. Personally I can understand also the other side of the coin. Where some feel trazz becomes absolute. It boils down to choices. Trazz remains one of the most efficient source of units. Imo it’s easier to place down an event building, rather than nourishing a GB to strength and switching in and out military buildings.

Mine is on 130 currently, that's why I said 200 units, planning to get it to 142 soon enough.

I got Your point with many buildings and other ways to obtain units and what You said about "graduallly" becoming obsolete, maybe for some people is ok to don't place alcatraz and get units from bathouse and other ways, being enough for them, but alcatraz to become obsolete it will not happen, expecially because of rogues, You need to get them somehow and temple of relics, himeji Castle, GbG arhipelago and some events aren't enough just for that.

Even so Alcatraz and the other buildings that give units are a great combo, but I will never delete Alcatraz, many people won't either, units are needed everytime, especially for GvG and GbG, as I said units aren't enough, same goes for Forge Points, many people have thousands or hundreds of thousands of forge points and I haven't seen anyone saying or implying The Arc will become obsolete in time, even if we have lots of other ways to get Forge Points and Blueprints.
I'd rather use my units, even if it means to lose lots of them and get goods/forge points and other things with them from higher attrition of GbG.
I said it would be gradually because I get the thought of something everyone uses in the game. Mobile players don't have access to GvG and many also who use the desktop don't usually play GvG, but to who plays GvG is very important Alcatraz, but who has the style of play that excludes Alcatraz the farm units is not really necessary when you reach a certain point in the game. An example of this is IT(Innovation Tower) which gives fps and population GB will help in the beginning, but at a certain point in the game it will no longer be needed because you can get fps in many other ways and population with the event buildings, but after the GBG the Innovation tower and even Cape Canaveral (CC) become obsolete. That's the way the game is, sooner or later something better will come along to just have this rotation of buildings. Returning to the thought of Alcatraz, when you already have a high % of attack and defense, you gradually lose less units and become more resistant to attack, even with attrition reaching 70/80 with few casualties of units and with these attacks you will get rewards like fps and units (5x) in the fights.The guild expedition (before level 5) you complete the 4 waves with rare unit kills, but you gain a lot of units. Until 2018 there was no building that gave units from what I remember the first building that gave units was the Temporal Dojo of the secondary building of the Feudal Japan settlement. Since then we have more and more buildings giving units and it won't be long before we see a building similar to Royal Bathouse that gives 10 units since its launch in 2019. So what I said wasn't meant to belittle the gb and yes just saying that it may already be possible for some players to not have alcatraz when they are advanced in the game in attack and defense and that the game offers amortization of losses of the units. Now if you play desktop GvG, EG5 and GBG and PVP Arena I understand you have Alcatraz mainly for GvG which demands units. And I agree with your thinking that units are never too much like fps, but I'm just saying that there are a lot of ways to get units these days that didn't happen back in the day that you really It HAD to have alcatraz. I only clarify that the game does not have a defined rule to be played, there are some paths and there are some players who do not play GvG and this greatly reduces the use of units.
Sorry, but whoever says that Alcatraz can become obsolete, at least they don't have much knowledge of the game...

Some points:
  • The efficiency of buildings grows in a much more limited way than the efficiency of GBs, as they only increase when they launch a new era, and even then they go up very little and not all buildings gain "buffs" from the era. On the other hand, GB can improve your efficiency unlimitedly as you level up, and you can do this at any time. And yes, there is the cost factor to upgrade levels and that limits it a bit, even so it is still much more scalable that improves the efficiency of buildings.

• Alcatraz's unit production efficiency is far greater than any building today. For example, the Royal Bathhouse Lv.6, which is one of the best unit efficiencies among buildings, has an efficiency of 0.74. Already a level 60 Alcatraz has an efficiency of 0.81... at level 100 the efficiency of the alcatraz reaches 1.38 almost twice the building, and this continues to be improved as you evolve the GE.

• Finally, we have to mention the versatility... the alcatraz is capable of producing any unit regardless of the era you are in, besides, of course, rogues. Buildings are bound and limited by ages and until they invent a downgrade kit, there is no way to rewind buildings ages.
Anyway, I believe that for the vast majority of competitive players Alcatraz is undoubtedly and will continue to be among the top 5 GBs in the game.

(At least until Inno releases a building that produces about 100 units a day, which is unlikely to happen).

I've been in the game since 2016 and since then I've seen the changes made to the game since the arc that completely changed gbs to 10+. The Phantom Tower Conjunction is a building that gives advanced tactics that comparing with the terracotta army (TA) is equivalent to a level 25. Which I consider a lot since the gb is expensive for players who are not very advanced in the game and who have other gbs in front of them to finish the levels before leveling the TA. What am I wanting say is that event buildings already become weak with 3 events following because it will always be a better building. In perhaps a year's time, the Phantom Tower Conjunction will already become obsolete in relation to relation to other buildings from events after the Conjunction.
Alcatraz is STILL the best, but little by little he will lose his position and will become just a gb that you will put to grow and later have the choice of leaving him or taking him out of the city and not being be more mandatory to have the gb to have units. Maybe it will happen in 3, 4 or 5 years, but what was not a reality 4 years ago will happen.

Last edited:

zookeepers

Marquis
little by little he will lose his position and will become just a gb that you will put to grow and later have the choice of leaving him or taking him out of the city and not being be more mandatory

That's true. Traz is the best unit supplier, but most players do not need that much units.
Traz used to be a must, because it was quite the only realistic way of getting unattached rogues.
But now, there are other sorces of rogues like HC, while use of rogues got limited.

Many players constructed Traz even in their diamond farms, but those time has been left behind.

a year's time, the Phantom Tower Conjunction will already become obsolete

I believe not. Except for those super-spenders.

PY-R8 Marauder is the best

Depends on age. Artillary is strong only in certain ages.

CaodeAqua

Farmer
For your information in SAJM we got 12 dias expantions, I would expect the same for Titan, Inno loves us spending dias.

Sibel

Merchant
For your information in SAJM we got 12 dias expantions, I would expect the same for Titan, Inno loves us spending dias.
Only 6 expansions were announced at the beginning.

Announcement SA:JM

In my opinion, the other 6 were added by a friendly programmer ;) when the properties of the extensions were changed in the construction menu (from not visible if there are no expansions to always visible), and could not be removed anymore.

Para sua informação em SAJM, temos 12 dias de expansão, eu esperaria o mesmo para Titan, Inno nos ama gastando dias.
There's proof for you how it is to copy and paste the additional expansions are in diamonds, but what you can always earn were 4 (2 in research, 1 with medals and 1 in the campaign map. Don't forget space ages is CTRL C CTRL V. No wonder someone joked at the beginning that we're going to season 5 of Mars because that's actually what it is.

Attachments

• IMG_20230421_043048.jpg
    IMG_20230421_043048.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20230421_043028.jpg
    IMG_20230421_043028.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20230421_043113.jpg
    IMG_20230421_043113.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20230421_043134.jpg
    IMG_20230421_043134.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 117

PackCat

Squire
I'm sure it has already been asked, but what is the required "Unknown DNA" 1682344287430.png for Titan research tree?
For other ages it was around ~10K-12K

Dessire

Regent
About the 3 GBs. Imagine that the 2 of them are trash for you, and in order to level up the 3rd one at level 50 for example, the other 2 must, atleast, be level 49, and then for 51, the other 2 must be at level 50 xD