• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Space Age Titan

Dessire

Regent
The logical way to develope the new age: There are some good ideas to create the next age and make it totally different and more fun for all players in FoEvents in the beta forum. Lets read them and apply most of them, in that way, we could have more new players but also show all players that we listen them.

What Innogames will do and preffers to do: lets copy paste all previous space ages and just change the art of goods, planet, buildings, military unita and add a few extra expansions and 1 single trashy great building instead of 2 with 2 to 3 totally new bonuses. We do not care about players feelings and thoughts.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
At first I felt slightly excited but than I remember again: we're getting punished for advancing into the space reskin ages: keen eye, unreasonable hostile military buffs and semi-hard reset on goods production. All for a change in scenery and pictures of units that all perform slightly different.
Yeah not really looking forward to this. Unless they'll overhaul it into something worthwhile but I doubt it. It's easier to create inferior copies and buffing them a bit or overpowered enemies and nerfing them to pretend/emulate listening to the community than actually taking the feedback into account.

Astrid

Baronet
Seriously, I hope we get a GB with an increasing chance(1-15%, or 1-20%) to block any incoming attacks when you defend. It will help in the GE5, no matter what they do with the invaders' stats.

Seriously, I hope we get a GB with an increasing chance(1-15%, or 1-20%) to block any incoming attacks when you defend. It will help in the GE5, no matter what they do with the invaders' stats
That would be a deflection skill. Reflecting them back would be even more fun tbh

The logical way to develope the new age: There are some good ideas to create the next age and make it totally different and more fun for all players in FoEvents in the beta forum. Lets read them and apply most of them, in that way, we could have more new players but also show all players that we listen them.

What Innogames will do and preffers to do: lets copy paste all previous space ages and just change the art of goods, planet, buildings, military unita and add a few extra expansions and 1 single trashy great building instead of 2 with 2 to 3 totally new bonuses. We do not care about players feelings and thoughts.

As a Trader/Guild supporter, I can't really complain about the Space Age GBs though. They all support a Certain Playstyle massively, just because that isn't the Fighting style for once doesn't mean they're trash.

I mean, Future Eras had AO/Kraken/TA/HC, which are must haves for any fighter, and had Arc/BG, which are must haves for like anyone.

Space Ages than focussed more on Traders/PvE Players with

- Star Gazer giving previous good which are constantly needed
- Space Carrier being the Traders equivalent to HC, plus boosting Special Goods Production
- Flying Island being the settlement equivalent to ToR, which everyone considers a must have
- A.I. also boosting Specail Goods and providing as much Treasury Goods as Arc, being super strong for any active GbG/GvG Guild

So, I actually see some Kind of Balance here. Future Era GBs are massively boosting PvP/Fighting players, while Space Age GBs are boosting PvE/Trading Players.

Yes, they could be stronger if they were available at an earlier Point of the Game, especially FI, but given Cultural Settlements only exist since 2018, the earliest age it could've been released in was SAM. Also, GBs having a higher age than the player currently place in also doesn't stop anyone from building thing like Traz, Arc, Cape, TA and so on in like Iron Age Citys.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Dessire & @ShadowPhoenixx95 a GB that buffs any goods production by X% + giving frag for a selection kit of a new powerful chain building. The X% buff for goods could be fairly helpful to traders, the building could give either highly efficiently goods or defence attack %. Both traders and attackers could benefit from it. The benefit of a a chain building is that BG could double it in 1 shot.

Either way, as it now stands, space reskin ages are rewarding traders only and punishing fighters. Well actually they also punish traders for aging up due to a hard reset on their colonies.

@Dessire & @ShadowPhoenixx95 a GB that buffs any goods production by X%

I also had that in mind at some Point, but I don't know if that wouldn't be too powerful, respectively too hard to balance. You'd need to create a percentage Range for a 180 Level GB, that is not too small so it doesn't have an impact at all, but also is not too high so it doesn't boost regular goods buildings far beyond the production of eventbuildings. Or would that include eventbuilding productions?

I had also thought about something that lets you change goods deposits, thus making traders more independent from the market, since most players don't produce goods in an amount somewhere near the amounts a trader would need. Which can be neckbreaking, especially in Eras like colonial, where Tar is like super rare because simply nobody produces it because it has a rather large building

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I also had that in mind at some Point, but I don't know if that wouldn't be too powerful, respectively too hard to balance. You'd need to create a percentage Range for a 180 Level GB, that is not too small so it doesn't have an impact at all, but also is not too high so it doesn't boost regular goods buildings far beyond the production of eventbuildings. Or would that include eventbuilding productions?

I had also thought about something that lets you change goods deposits, thus making traders more independent from the market, since most players don't produce goods in an amount somewhere near the amounts a trader would need. Which can be neckbreaking, especially in Eras like colonial, where Tar is like super rare because simply nobody produces it because it has a rather large building
It's possible to hard cap it like Arc. For example lvl100 hard cap. Levels 0-10 each lvl up an increase of 0-1%. So, at lvl10 about 5%. At lvl 100 (hard cap) 20%. About 1% increase every 6th level up from lvl10. 20% doesn't seems to be that unreasonable high. Even with Shinto temple (50 base * 1,2 =) 60. Just 10 goods more from Shinto. CF can do way better. If that's too underwhelming it can be tweaked to be hard capped at a higher lvl.
With hard cap, I mean sure the GB can be levelled beyond that level. Like Arc can go above lvl180 but doesn't increase contribution bonus.