• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Space Age Titan

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
indeed i think that they have changed form 1 age for 1 year to 1 age for 2 years.
Honestly I doubt that. I rather believe it to be delayed for undecided amount of time. Just for the current overhaul of events, addressing many issues or rather overhauling them to making them more profitable, or satisfying profitable again. Likely due to the negative impact of mass diamond grinding from GbF, GE4 and WW/FoY.

Honestly I doubt that. I rather believe it to be delayed for undecided amount of time. Just for the current overhaul of events, addressing many issues or rather overhauling them to making them more profitable, or satisfying profitable again. Likely due to the negative impact of mass diamond grinding from GbF, GE4 and WW/FoY.
overhoul of events? in past 4 years? xD
they were always event-2 week brake - event - 2 week brake
all year. So nothing extraordinary here

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
overhoul of events? in past 4 years? xD
they were always event-2 week brake - event - 2 week brake
all year. So nothing extraordinary here
Check the spoilers topic, they're overhauling events. Redesigning the mini games from scratch. I didn't claim that the event schedule would change, just that they're developing new mini games for events. Which does take time and resources that can't be used for a new age. Once the events are redesigned, they can resume developing new ages. That's at least what I suspect that's going on. Although it's also entirely possible that they're prioritising addressing GbF issues and developing GE5 or overhauling GE too. Once those big projects have been finished, they might resume developing a new age. Let's be honest, those projects are more valuable to the game overall than an annual reskin age which get burned through under a month by end game players, a new GB to lvl80+ within half a year. Vs overhauled events and main features enjoyed and used by the vast majority.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
yea only for anniversary event, rest is the same.
Just check spoiler forum, as I said before. Anniversary is just the first overhauled event we know of. Summer event the 2nd due to spoilers. It's likely that more will follow. It's also announced that some stuff got postponed. I can imagine a new reskin age not having much priority, if at all.

-Alin-

Emperor
New buildings drop One Up Kit shards.
We already have dozens of these kits. (167 for me - One Up Kit and Renovation Kit)
And Titan does not arrive ....
I am starting to get bored !

Let's hope the developers have done a titanic job for a new, innovative and successful era!
But I doubt...

No work so far on the new era.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@sukimato as far we know for now, due to no spoilers reaching the surface, the new age isn’t in development at the moment. Personally I think a new reskin age: Mars has little priority for the moment. Higher priority and big projects are taking the lead. Like reskinning some luck event minigames, to introducing it in other events. Also developing a new minigame from scratch with anniversary event.
Further more, I think once they’re done with new and reskinned event minigames, they’ll putting time and effort into GbF. Perhaps trying to turning the F of Farm(in) back into G of (battle)Ground. Leaving little to no time to reskin the Mars age for the moment. It’s likely that it’ll take till next year before they may start reskinning Mars again for Titan. Though it’s entirely possible that they’ll postpone it in favour of trying to redo perks and/or developing a new settlement.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Okay. Is that your impression or do you have real information to support it?
I have real information to support it:
But let's have a more positive outlook for the next year! We wish to extend the Guild Expedition by a brand-new extra level and build it differently compared to the previous 4 levels. We also want to have a look at our early game and make it easier for new players. Also, since you liked our Anniversary Event this year, we want to host a celebration Event again but also try something new for our 11th birthday! We hope to bring improvements to the current content and some great new additions!
As you can read, they're focusing their resources on the developments I've already mentioned.
Source:
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/forge-of-empires-recap-2022.15954/

Further more:
That said, I would like to emphasize that we might have to adjust the game development plan over the course of this year and eventually adjust or postpone any of our original plans, including the GBG changes. As always, we will keep you posted.
As I've said before in other words, they're postponing stuff. As they've shifted their priorities away from reskinning space ages towards other big, higher priority projects.
Source:
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...ower-and-siege-camp-ability-re-balance.15645/
Also in regards of events, reskinning chance minigames and such, have a look at the spoilers.
Historically they were working 1 event ahead at any given time. Currently as far we've discovered, they're working on 2 upcoming events simultaneously. On top of that a reskin of a chance minigame.

Based off those observations and the lack of any new reskinned space age spoiler, any mention of plans of such and the current developments, I feel it's safe to conclude that what I've already explained to you: Forge is shifting its priority towards developing events and overhauling existing features. Addressing issues plaguing GbF, as per request of the community for a while among other things. Further more improving popular features and capitalising on future events further. To me it's very reasonable since reskinning space ages have met largely disappointments and is in general not very beneficial compared to the currently prioritised projects.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
When a sentence begins with "I think", what word did you not understand?
True, I don't have any evidence or sources to support my speculation that Titan comes next year. It's just what I think is the most likely. Since the current prioritised projects are taking up large amounts of resources and time to develop. I doubt there's enough time within in this busy year for Forge's dev team to working on Titan, let alone finishing it.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
No one understands Inno's need to want to change every event, especially from a company that's only been copying and pasting for 4 years.

Why want to revolutionize all events when the majority would only require a simple annual upgrade?

I think Inno no longer wants to invest his time in his game and this would explain the latency of evolution in GbG, the non-questioning of GvG, the forgetting of guild advantages and the cessation for 2 years of look at suggestions made in 24 community forums.

Kronan

Viceroy
Okay. Is that your impression or do you have real information to support it?

The world of communicating corporate plans is similar to walking on a razor's blade. Just ask the White House's PRESS SECRETARY. Better yet, watch her dance when asked tough questions.

For software engineering products - of course - No information is too little. BUT.... Inno isn't going to communicate a yearly timetable with pristine clarity on all or even some of their FoE projects or answer questions in 1 of 2 ways: YES or NO.

Doesn't work quite like that. We get "broad brush strokes, not refined details". WE get that so we can anticipate what's coming, and they do that so as to keep people engaged in the game... waiting for it. SO you have to read the tea leaves. As I mentioned a month ago,

I believe they've told us things are IN FLUX. They MIGHT change. Hmmm.

The reality all of us are seeing is that priorities seem like they have shifted, and possibly - projects are being re-assigned or reviewed in not as positive a light as last year, or timetable you're expecting.

No one from INNO that knows is going to come here to tell us - Well, FoE Community we're sad to announce that - Titan has moved to Q3 or Q4, 2023. That's not how it done, typically.

So be flexible to what we are told and mostly flexible to indirection .... Hope for the best, and expect otherwise (delays).

Last edited:

Ifmountain

Farmer
Fun fact - they did obviously sunset the newsletter for the most loyal (best paying) players - “no information on whether this will be restart or not” - check your email inboxes.

If you turn down your focus on the cash cows, it might be the moment that the game is out of focus for the company. Therefore one only will provide some keep the lights on goodies as “mini games” and events, as you could plug them into the overall game without redesign of the lot.

At the end of the day - after 7 years of gaming FoE, sudden special empowerment of smaller guilds in GvG in Korch, it anyways feels like beating a dead horse to me.

Astrid

Baronet
Since the Guild Expedition 5 is around the corner and town defence will become relevant, I suggest to have a great building with opposed effect to the Arctic Orangery. A % chance to absorb 50% of the attacking damage when defending a town.

Also, I hope that the attack and most importantly the defence for defending army from Appleton Cottage will be increased a bit, for 4 eras this building was "left behind" regarding its stats. And I think it will be a good time to have in the near future a level 2 carousel with increased stats, like 12% attack for attacking army and 15% defence for defending army.