• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Space Age Titan

CrashBoom

Legend
I suggest to have a great building with opposed effect to the Arctic Orangery. A % chance to absorb 50% of the attacking damage when defending a town.
so you are suggesting that the AO doesn't work in defense anymore o_O

or do you suggest that your new GB also works for attacking to absorb 50% of the damage that is done by the AO of the defender :eek:

and btw
to counter 50% more damage from AO the correct value to absorb in defending would be 33.3% and not 50%

but a Virgo for defending would really surprise the attacking neighbors
and the 1+7 rogue strategy would be over because it would have a 50% chance that the normal unit would be one of the 4 destroyed units

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
and the 1+7 rogue strategy would be over because it would have a 50% chance that the normal unit would be one of the 4 destroyed units
A defensive Kraken could do that too, with less backlash risk. If defensive kraken takes down the 1 non-rouge unit.

... and than?
perhaps you will lose some coins or FP ? or not

i don't think it's worth it to build a GB

Beta King

Viceroy
Since the Guild Expedition 5 is around the corner and town defence will become relevant, I suggest to have a great building with opposed effect to the Arctic Orangery. A % chance to absorb 50% of the attacking damage when defending a town.

Also, I hope that the attack and most importantly the defence for defending army from Appleton Cottage will be increased a bit, for 4 eras this building was "left behind" regarding its stats. And I think it will be a good time to have in the near future a level 2 carousel with increased stats, like 12% attack for attacking army and 15% defence for defending army.
Why would GE 5 make city defense relevant? I dont think anything you do for city defense is going to help anything but maybe hurt your ability to put down more attacking that's it.

Astrid

Baronet
Why would GE 5 make city defense relevant? I dont think anything you do for city defense is going to help anything but maybe hurt your ability to put down more attacking that's it.
That's what is speculated in the spoilers threads. In GE 5 you defend, not attack and only the bonuses for town defending will matter.

Otherwise, I am not a fan of city defence at all.

Astrid

Baronet
but you know that AO is also for city defense ???
Yes I do, but I had this idea in mind since most players have high attack and defence for attacking army and only a very small percent have increased their bonuses for defending army because until now it was pretty much irrelevant.

So I consider that a great building that adds an extra protection against a 2 wave army with high bonuses(like 700/700) will be quite useful for most us that don't have high bonuses to defending army. Also it could be something like a small percent, between 1-15% chance to block any incoming attack against your defending army.

Pass Go

Squire
I tried Rise of Cultures for a week or 2. cute, cartoony, but really seems to be much the same as FoE. so I stopped. Now I am just waiting for Titan to come out.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
but you know that AO is also for city defense ???
It is not effective in defending the city because the attacker taps forward or uses rogues.
The transformation of rogues is not penalized and then the attacker destroys everything with his own.
It's the same for the eye of the space ages

-Alin-

Emperor
Do you have a spoiler alert? unless you are allowing the bot to attack you, there is no such thing as defense while you are on the attack.

You are using your defending army stats for level 5 in GE, there is already into spoilers this thing, also today with the video from Inno that was hidden again, they confirmed this thing.
So the best thing to do is to negotiate rather than „fight” while defending against the NPC with the city defending stats that are lower ...