• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Jupiter Moon (SAJM)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
time to complete a settlement like mughal settlement = 5 months or 6.
time to complete AF and OF + SCarrier = the same amount of time I think

now the question for innogames: why have you given an useless bonus like "extra special goods" when FoE was designed to be played for years? why do you want to have players rushing through the ages if at the end those players will have nothing to do related to ages?

I already published tons of new bonus ideas for GBuilding, other players too and you don't want to listen to us! , why?! what have we done to you Innogames? what have we done to you?! :/ you hate us so much ? why? :/ can't understand it! :/

Well to be fair, the vast majority of things you ask for, I personally feel would make the game drastically worse. I'd take a useless GB I'll never build over many of them ;)

It's not so simple as just listening to the players. Players often have a very narrow field of view (only what they want now, not what others want, and not longterm consequences). I can certainly think of things I wished for in the game or was excited for at release that later on down the line I wish hadn't come to pass.

Players are good at identifying problems - if you're irritated, not having fun, or burning out that is honest feedback no-one can take away from you. Not so good at coming up with the right way to solve them. You can come up with theories as to why you're not happy and those may have some merit (but what you think is the problem may just be the final straw in a pyramid of problems). You can propose solutions, but there's a good chance those are way off the mark - not taking into account other perspectives, and may not even solve the problem you think you see or cause even worse ones. Game design is hard.

Of course it's not like inno has much of a track record in recent years to go on as for "getting it right". And it's not impossible their internal plans might be that longterm players don't matter and all they need to churn out is chum for new players that will entice them to spend. So they may quite literally not care to do more than the minimum to keep the uproar amongst longterm players to a manageable level. Under this theory the most copy-and-paste of recent eras makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately.

Dessire

Regent
Well to be fair, the vast majority of things you ask for, I personally feel would make the game drastically worse. I'd take a useless GB I'll never build over many of them ;)

It's not so simple as just listening to the players. Players often have a very narrow field of view (only what they want now, not what others want, and not longterm consequences). I can certainly think of things I wished for in the game or was excited for at release that later on down the line I wish hadn't come to pass.

Players are good at identifying problems - if you're irritated, not having fun, or burning out that is honest feedback no-one can take away from you. Not so good at coming up with the right way to solve them. You can come up with theories as to why you're not happy and those may have some merit (but what you think is the problem may just be the final straw in a pyramid of problems). You can propose solutions, but there's a good chance those are way off the mark - not taking into account other perspectives, and may not even solve the problem you think you see or cause even worse ones. Game design is hard.

Of course it's not like inno has much of a track record in recent years to go on as for "getting it right". And it's not impossible their internal plans might be that longterm players don't matter and all they need to churn out is chum for new players that will entice them to spend. So they may quite literally not care to do more than the minimum to keep the uproar amongst longterm players to a manageable level. Under this theory the most copy-and-paste of recent eras makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately.
all what you say, atleast for me = "you should surrender, and the other players too, innogames won't change anything to make the game better, to improve it, to make it more innovative".

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
all what you say, atleast for me = "you should surrender, and the other players too, innogames won't change anything to make the game better, to improve it, to make it more innovative".

They might make significant changes. But it won't be because a player suggested it. It'll be because they thought it was a good idea. And probably messed up the math and made it more significant than they had intended ;)

They don't want suggestions for anything related to balance in general - which buildings fall into. If they wanted to make a new absolutely broken building that would be so straightforward - but not necessarily good for the game. So the best someone can really do is scream "no, not that" when presented with a stinker.

And GBs are a poor spot to add significant amounts of new power these days because the top players could pop it to 100 overnight. It's not even a challenge. So if it's anything particularly strong, it's just free power for them and widens the gap. What purpose would that serve?

Dessire

Regent
They might make significant changes. But it won't be because a player suggested it. It'll be because they thought it was a good idea. And probably messed up the math and made it more significant than they had intended ;)

They don't want suggestions for anything related to balance in general - which buildings fall into. If they wanted to make a new absolutely broken building that would be so straightforward - but not necessarily good for the game. So the best someone can really do is scream "no, not that" when presented with a stinker.

And GBs are a poor spot to add significant amounts of new power these days because the top players could pop it to 100 overnight. It's not even a challenge. So if it's anything particularly strong, it's just free power for them and widens the gap. What purpose would that serve?
Are you aware that there are many ways to make challenging the leveling of a GB , right?

Emberguard

Emperor
Are you aware that there are many ways to make challenging the leveling of a GB , right?
ok, what would you have in mind for that, and would players actually be interested in making GB levelling into a challenge if presented with it? Or would players decide it’s not worth the reward?

CrashBoom

Legend
AI Core values at 58: x9 39.46%
(Himeji 58: x9 45.84%)

so most likeley it will end at x10 and 45%
(very unlikely but maybe even 50%)

not really very much:
an extra of 4.5 productions compared to the size of 3 synthesizers it already needs

and those goods are really only for tech tree (synthesized special goods can't even be used to produce goods of the same age in the colony)

and for that reason it should also be applied to the special goods on the map ;)

-Alin-

Emperor
AI Core values at 58: x9 39.46%
(Himeji 58: x9 45.84%)

so most likeley it will end at x10 and 45%
(very unlikely but maybe even 50%)

not really very much:
an extra of 4.5 productions compared to the size of 3 synthesizers it already needs

and those goods are really only for tech tree (synthesized special goods can't even be used to produce goods of the same age in the colony)

and for that reason it should also be applied to the special goods on the map ;)

Yeah, they really need to make the passive boost really worth going for, it is a JM great building, we should get boosted our Unknown special good, not only synthesizers or harbor/terminal ...
Mentioning the Harbor/Terminal, both are offgrid buildings, doesn't require any city space, wouldn't make sense our goods sites on continent map should be boosted aswell?

AGranolaBar

Squire
"Boosts the first special good collections from productions after reaching Arctic Future. Boosts supplies in earlier eras instead."
Change special goods to any goods and have it apply to any building in town except GBs.