• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Jupiter Moon (SAJM)

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
for all that are wondering... below AF the AI Core does not give supplies directly, it only boosts the first couple supply harvests - so essentially a very bad LoA:

View attachment 7827
That is simply terrible ... surely that can't be right?? At least make it as good as the LoA, which at level 10 gives 40x145%. Compare that to 5x17% for the A.I. Core...

Amdira

Baronet
for all that are wondering... below AF the AI Core does not give supplies directly, it only boosts the first couple supply harvests - so essentially a very bad LoA:

View attachment 7827
That's just meh ;) most event-buildings don't give supplies, but a supply boost anyway. Also nobody with a Blue Galaxy will change his harvest sequence for supplies. Just give it a bunch of supplies and everything is o.k.
If Inno wants to be loved, they could also change the guild goods from current to selectable (as suggested before maybe like the Traz, but just for goods) :cool:

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
That's just meh ;) most event-buildings don't give supplies, but a supply boost anyway. Also nobody with a Blue Galaxy will change his harvest sequence for supplies. Just give it a bunch of supplies and everything is o.k.
If Inno wants to be loved, they could also change the guild goods from current to selectable (as suggested before maybe like the Traz, but just for goods) :cool:
I like that Traz-like idea for goods, interesting one :)

iPenguinPat

Squire
Well to be fair, the vast majority of things you ask for, I personally feel would make the game drastically worse. I'd take a useless GB I'll never build over many of them ;)

It's not so simple as just listening to the players. Players often have a very narrow field of view (only what they want now, not what others want, and not longterm consequences). I can certainly think of things I wished for in the game or was excited for at release that later on down the line I wish hadn't come to pass.

Players are good at identifying problems - if you're irritated, not having fun, or burning out that is honest feedback no-one can take away from you. Not so good at coming up with the right way to solve them. You can come up with theories as to why you're not happy and those may have some merit (but what you think is the problem may just be the final straw in a pyramid of problems). You can propose solutions, but there's a good chance those are way off the mark - not taking into account other perspectives, and may not even solve the problem you think you see or cause even worse ones. Game design is hard.

Of course it's not like inno has much of a track record in recent years to go on as for "getting it right". And it's not impossible their internal plans might be that longterm players don't matter and all they need to churn out is chum for new players that will entice them to spend. So they may quite literally not care to do more than the minimum to keep the uproar amongst longterm players to a manageable level. Under this theory the most copy-and-paste of recent eras makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately.
Logged in just to like this post. So good.

A.I. Core giving special goods buff is a good call imo.
AF/OF are widely considered the worst ages to play because how badly they are restricted. Many players choose to stay in FE forever because they don't want to deal with 4-6 months of awful fighting.

This and sc are both good solutions. I like this better than sc because it's targeted/controllable.

I agree that boosting cmap deposit harvests could be nice, but it could become a problem if small harvests disrupt larger deposits.

The supplies bonus is just bad all around. I'm not totally against that though. There are a lot of aspects about the game that are hurt due to early age players getting too much benefit from advanced gb's and units. Making a bonus next to useless for most early age players is balanced imo.

The guild goods should be either buffed or selectable. The cost to level a sajm gb is crazy high (both goods and fp). Players should be compensated for that extra cost. As is, the amount given feels a bit low.

Units are basically the same as the last 3 ages. Would like to have seen an ability that had minor effects at low attrition, but rewards players willing to manually fight at high attrition.

Or something that promotes unit diversity like a "unit set" type of mechanic. Obviously too late to add in this age.

Artwork looks nice as always.

I also like that all units can be researched quickly and skip a lot of other tech for players focused on fighting. Adds a little hat tip to players that grind rqs or produce lots of goods from special buildings.

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
AF/OF are widely considered the worst ages to play because how badly they are restricted. Many players choose to stay in FE forever because they don't want to deal with 4-6 months of awful fighting.

This and sc are both good solutions. I like this better than sc because it's targeted/controllable.

But then they should make a new GB for those ages. Not one for the newest age which will be next to useless for people in the that age. We already passed AF/OF.

Imo they should start making GBs that only work when you're in the appropriate age or above. Before that they should simply only give coins and supplies.
That way Inno can start making actually interesting mechanics without 'breaking' early game.

iPenguinPat

Squire
AI Core @ 51 = 107
The Arc @ 51 = 104

AI Core @ 69 = 143
The Arc @ 69 = 140

AI Core @ 80 = 165
The Arc @ 80 = 162

AI Core @ 92 = 189
The Arc @ 92 = 186

15 total guild goods difference? For a GB that's 7 ages higher? And with a much weaker "other" bonus? and costs how many extra FP and Goods to build and level?

@Juber - might let the dev team this is insulting. It's like saying we're going to give you garbage, and if you want to play our game, you'll just have to deal with it. This aspect of the GB is so out of touch. This really needs either a much larger collection or the ability to target goods. The "Traz" type effect is a really creative idea and would add something truly new and tactical to the game. kudos to whoever suggested it originally.

But then they should make a new GB for those ages. Not one for the newest age which will be next to useless for people in the that age. We already passed AF/OF.

Imo they should start making GBs that only work when you're in the appropriate age or above. Before that they should simply only give coins and supplies.
That way Inno can start making actually interesting mechanics without 'breaking' early game.

In principle, I agree 100%. GBs should be made for the age they are built.

In practice, Goods selling/providing goods to lower age is a given. Early age players all have significant access to advanced GBs and ignoring that would be just as out of touch as making a GB, if not more than making a GB that sucks like Flying Island. It's the nature of the goods economy - and unless inno does something to make the GB inaccessible to early age players, they have to assume that any and all early age players will have access.

And if they know that players camp FE and they know that the bottleneck of Prom and Orich are keeping players from aging up, then it only makes sense to give players a way to advance faster. They could reduce the cost directly in tech or improve the crew members - not going to happen - so GB boosts are the next logical step.

I agree that it would be more consistent if it also boosted CMap deposit harvests though since that's the same general concept. The mechanic is slightly different though in that it's a reward rather than a collection. It seems like that should be easy to program and account for, but who knows, it might be too complicated for the devs to bother.

Regardless, this GB is at least worth building for the niche players it serves (AF-OF players, and players in competitive guilds that need the treasury boost), even if it is robbery on cost. Buildings like Flying island or Virgo Project were just a waste of space and only useful for looking pretty. Star Gazer is only a slight tick above useless and also inferior to AI Core, imo.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Yeah I meant 'an extra turn'.
Kind of like the Tavern buff, but for ALL negotiations, not just GEX.
That would be fun, but unfortunately I doubt they'd ever implement another mechanism for extra turns without diamonds as it would potentially reduce diamond consumption...

-Alin-

Emperor
And if they know that players camp FE and they know that the bottleneck of Prom and Orich are keeping players from aging up, then it only makes sense to give players a way to advance faster. They could reduce the cost directly in tech or improve the crew members - not going to happen - so GB boosts are the next logical step.

Regardless, this GB is at least worth building for the niche players it serves (AF-OF players, and players in competitive guilds that need the treasury boost), even if it is robbery on cost. Buildings like Flying island or Virgo Project were just a waste of space and only useful for looking pretty. Star Gazer is only a slight tick above useless and also inferior to AI Core, imo.

Not to mention from 0-80 are needed 59K FPS for a normal 1.9 player ...

Finkadel

Marquis
So it's been a whole day since release and no info about "bug" with not upgraded buildings? Nice, it's like saying "take it or leave it" from Inno. Never expecting much else, fortunately.

Maybe at least diamonds? Nope?

CrashBoom

Legend
a whole day since
Juber is away for more than a whole day

not even the daily changelog

:p

but how desperate must a player be if he needs the higher coin / supply production of upgraded event buildings ?

with not upgraded buildings
they are upgraded

only values are the same

but for example give the correct goods

and who really expect that bugs in a new age will be fixed in the first week ?

Finkadel

Marquis
Juber is away for more than a whole day

not even the daily changelog

:p

but how desperate must a player be if he needs the higher coin / supply production of upgraded event buildings ?

they are upgraded

only values are the same

but for example give the correct goods
Desperate? To ask for correct amount is desperation for you? Maybe downgrade them then, right? I don't need coins and supplies, that is true. Downgrading them to Iron Age would at least make event interesting for a bit... For a change.

Emberguard

Emperor
Desperate? To ask for correct amount is desperation for you?
I believe they were referring more to the “take it or leave it” comment because it’s only been 1 day and the CM hasn’t been on for that day to post other things either. People need breaks sometimes, they’re not robots.

Finkadel

Marquis
actually you asked for an information about a bug after a new feature is only on day old

that looks desperate for me :rolleyes:

I would expect that they fix it until the live release
For the change, I would expect that they would update them, like they did update costs for GE. Updated costs and not updated gains, yeah, lets give them applause for that...

Finkadel

Marquis
I believe they were referring more to the “take it or leave it” comment because it’s only been 1 day and the CM hasn’t been on for that day to post other things either. People need breaks sometimes, they’re not robots.
That is his payed job. He has several people to fill in for him if he is unable to do his job. Friendly bot at least... No, Inno doesn't give any credits to the players and I definitely am not giving any to them.

Emberguard

Emperor
That is his payed job. He has several people to fill in for him if he is unable to do his job. Friendly bot at least... No, Inno doesn't give any credits to the players and I definitely am not giving any to them.
It’s just one day….. are you telling me you’d seriously work 365 days a year? Juber is perfectly capable of doing their job. That job does not require being logged in 24/7. Please just have a little patience. I’m sure they’ll answer your question regarding the bug soon enough.

Rikki

Farmer
I think everyone would be less disappointed if we really got some "new" feature. At least something. There's no difference between SAJM and SAV besides visual part and one GB that is extremely niche... Imagine waiting the next age for a year just to get the same three eras before. At this point I just see nothing better than quit or restart the game completely to enjoy FoE it was once. IA was historically beautiful, PE was interesting, CE was amazing, FE was one of the best IMO, AF/OF/VF had something to work on (including GBs). But then it turned wrong way.