• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Space Age Asteroid Belt

Merchant
advanced vacuum distillation
aerogel concrete
artificial gravitation module
automated bureaucracy
extended quality assurance
fluid cleaning system
formulated law for aerospace
inter divisional controls
interplanetary permit a 38
liquid power transmitter
mars goods synthesizing1
mars goods synthesizing2
multi purpose space training
nonlinear laser pulse
officially ordered retrospective
radiation protection system
reinforced mining part
saab goods synthesizing1
selective heat generation
self sealing alloys
simplified data transmission
simplified repair process
smart home 2 0
solar powered emdrive
thermal mining
two dimensional magnetic crystals

26 in total

no icons for them atm only names

Feanor II

Baronet
Based on the GB icons and descriptions, seems like this new age is going to be almost exclusively focused on non-fighting aspects. If they do indeed have a special goods production GB and it does in fact give promethium, orichalcum, etc. I hope that they will introduce something that can be done with these goods other than the research tree. Either a new game feature that uses them, or allow them to be traded. I stopped mining special goods a long time ago because there's no need to do it at the end of the SA:M tree.

On the other hand, it could unbalance the game on the other end when players below Arctic Future build them, as they inevitably will. Doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of the Arctic Harbor and Oceanic Terminal if players already have 10,000 of each when they get there?

All conjecture at this point anyway, we'll see when it comes out :) The artwork (especially the continent map background) is outstanding!

Feanor II

Baronet
well considering it takes ~6 months to do OT, i would not mind a different way of getting those goods :p

That's my point. They clearly designed the Harbor and Terminal to slow down players moving through those ages. Presumably also why they don't allow those goods to be traded; if they could then players at the end of the tech tree who have nothing better to do would just mine it and sell it off to people in those ages so they could get through it a lot quicker, or give it to friends/guildmates for the same reason. Of course, whether or not being able to go through AF and OF a lot faster than originally designed is a good thing or a bad thing is entirely subjective (I have no problem with it), I'm just saying it would seem to circumvent what the design has been up until now. I still can't trade special goods to other players, but I could presumably sell/give them the SA:C goods to build the GB, camp in FE while the promethium/orichalcum stockpile was built, then cruise through AF/OF much faster than the designers originally intended. Ideally, they may never have to even bother with the Harbor and Terminal at all.

I wouldn't build such a GB myself (largely useless past OF) but it could potentially be considered overpowered below AF by drastically altering the paradigm of AF/OF.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5097

I herewith open the spoilers for next Age:
Space Age: Asteroid Belt (formerly "space age Ceres")

Diplomatic Gifts

great_building_bonus_special_goods.png

Special Goods

asteroidbelt_world_bg_0.jpg
spaceage_asteroid_belt_1_bg_0.jpg

spaceage_asteroid_belt_2_bg_0.jpg
asteroidbelt_world_o_0.png

pvp_spaceageasteroidbelt.png
mapicon_raw_processed_material.png
mapicon_raw_platinum_crystals.png
mapicon_raw_nickel.png
mapicon_raw_compound_fluid.png
mapicon_raw_bromine.png
exploration_site_asteroidbelt_easy.png
exploration_site_asteroidbelt_normal.png
exploration_site_asteroidbelt_hard.png
Asteroid Ice
fine_asteroid_ice.png

Bromine
fine_bromine.png

Compound Fluid
fine_compound_fluid.png

Processed Material
fine_processed_material.png

Platinum Crystals
fine_platinum_crystals.png

Nickel
fine_nickel.png
S_SS_SpaceAgeAsteroidBelt_Street2.png
Shredder
armyuniticons_90x90_shredder.jpg

Nail Storm
armyuniticons_90x90_nail_storm.jpg

Hover Hammer
armyuniticons_90x90_hover_hammer.jpg

Drill Ranger
armyuniticons_90x90_drill_ranger.jpg

Belt
armyuniticons_90x90_belt.jpg

Champion
armyuniticons_90x90_SpaceAgeAsteroidBelt_champion.jpg

At your Command
package_at_your_command_SpaceAgeAsteroidBelt.png

The Whole Package
package_the_whole_package_SpaceAgeAsteroidBelt.png

Philosophers Stone
package_philosophers_stone_SpaceAgeAsteroidBelt.png

portrait_354.jpg
The look of the units seem to be close combat
but not sure. Seems to me that they where
converted for fitting combat under huge time
pressure. Gonna be interesting new age

Andi47

Overlord
Hmmm... When I check the tech tree ingame, the upcoming age ist still named "Space Age Ceres". Is the new name "Space Age Asteroid Belt" just spoiler at the moment (i.e. not yet ingame)?

BTW: If I understood correctly, there should be a new view of the tech tree since some time, but for me it still looks like the old one. Do I need to change something in my Settings? Or is this an A/B test?

Julian24

Viceroy
Hmmm... When I check the tech tree ingame, the upcoming age ist still named "Space Age Ceres". Is the new name "Space Age Asteroid Belt" just spoiler at the moment (i.e. not yet ingame)?
All the new images have "asteroidbelt" in the name, not Ceres. I think they renamed Ceres to Asteroidbelt.
BTW: If I understood correctly, there should be a new view of the tech tree since some time, but for me it still looks like the old one. Do I need to change something in my Settings? Or is this an A/B test?
Seems to still be an A/B test. :(

DeletedUser8257

Ceres had a nice ring to it. Asteroid belt seems a bit, for lack of a better word, crude name for an age.
Agree. They could have kept the Ceres name and still had the continent map in the Asteroid Belt, given that that's where Ceres is. Would make more sense assuming that the colony will be on Ceres.

DeletedUser5097

Ceres had a nice ring to it. Asteroid belt seems a bit, for lack of a better word, crude name for an age.
I think they didn't want to create any confussion. While it's likely that Ceres will be the
place where the colony will be set up, it appears that the age is focust on the Astroid
belt. Calling it Space Age Ceres could lead up to confussion as people will think that
the age is all about Ceres and not about the astroid belt. From wich Ceres is part of.
advanced vacuum distillation
aerogel concrete
artificial gravitation module
automated bureaucracy
extended quality assurance
fluid cleaning system
formulated law for aerospace
inter divisional controls
interplanetary permit a 38
liquid power transmitter
mars goods synthesizing1
mars goods synthesizing2
multi purpose space training
nonlinear laser pulse
officially ordered retrospective
radiation protection system
reinforced mining part
saab goods synthesizing1
selective heat generation
self sealing alloys
simplified data transmission
simplified repair process
smart home 2 0
solar powered emdrive
thermal mining
two dimensional magnetic crystals

26 in total

no icons for them atm only names
Thanks a lot of this information, how did u get all the names so early

Merchant
Thanks a lot of this information, how did u get all the names so early

same way as player who posted image spoilers did, looked at responses from requests that are made to beta server, in particular the one that contains info about what part of icon image sprite to use for each technology and it contained names of technologies.

Dessire

Regent
After read the section of the new era and the name of each technology that we must investigate after it's releasement, I was wondering, is the difference , in therms of technology, between SAM and SEC so much?

Why I was thinking about this? because I want to know, could be possible something like a cyberpunk era with the already developed technology of SAC? or is even possible something like a Sky future, where all or almost all buildings are floating above clouds and 1x1 roads and 2x2 roads are clear sky or some types of clouds?.

Some ads of FoE show us at the end of them some buildings surrounded by clouds, and the tomorrow era doesn't really represent a cyberpunk future where the main thing are neon lights. what do you think, guys? is the technology of SAC at a level that could allow us have in the future a "sky future" or a cyberpunk themed era? .

DeletedUser9947

I believe that if the devs follow the pattern in our Solar System (Space Age Mars -> Space Age Asteroid Belt -> ...) we'll soon have ages related with Jupiter and other gas giants (Saturn, Neptune and Uranus). Those are the best chances, in my opinion, for 'sky themed cities' since there is no ground at all in there :p Actually a city in the planet and a colony in one of its moons (which has ground) could be a nice idea.

Adthen

Merchant
Though we should have had Sky Earth or even Underground Earth before Space Age as those could be done with multi eras

Adthen

Merchant
As someone with a level 27 Space Needle, I resent your sarcasm. ;)

Anyway, fighting is never strictly required in order to progress through the game, except for possibly during the tutorial. I know a player on US4 who has exactly 3 fights to their name for this reason (tutorial requirements at the time). They're currently in SAM. I'll admit, I'm not entirely sure how they've managed to stick to essentially 100% pacifism this entire time but it's absolutely possible to simply skip fighting entirely. Plenty of GBs to spend on that are still worth the space to a non-fighter, too.

Actually if you look at my stats I am in Oceanic and I only have 1 battle won to my name. I only negotiate. If I would have the chance and I did with other worlds I tried to trick it and have 0 wins for battles. Yes one can be a pacifist like me and move up the tech tree.

DeletedUser10265

I believe that if the devs follow the pattern in our Solar System (Space Age Mars -> Space Age Asteroid Belt -> ...) we'll soon have ages related with Jupiter and other gas giants (Saturn, Neptune and Uranus). Those are the best chances, in my opinion, for 'sky themed cities' since there is no ground at all in there :p Actually a city in the planet and a colony in one of its moons (which has ground) could be a nice idea.
they have rocky moons

DeletedUser5097

or is even possible something like a Sky future, where all or almost all buildings are floating above clouds and 1x1 roads and 2x2 roads are clear sky or some types of clouds?.
Yes there is. I believe even there is a 95% chance for an cloud themed space age. There are real
plans for an cloud city on Venus. While Venus does have solid ground it's too hot for any human
made thing to survive for long enough. However the thick atmosfere of this planet allows cloud
cities. It's also a lot colder in the sky of Venus than on the surface and good protection from
radation.

I strongly believe that the final age will be arround an Dyson swarm. Wich we must build, or
attack. As this ultimate mega structure arround the sun will become the largest energy plant
in the solarsystem but can also be used as the most dangerouse wappon. Both might become
good reassons for attacking or constructing first an Dyson swarm ingame.

i'd say next are some moons: europa (which is said to possibly have life itself) orbiting jupiter, and perhaps titan (orbiting saturn) afterwards?

DeletedUser9887

We will slowly expand. From NASA website: "Dwarf planet Ceres is the largest object in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter and the only dwarf planet located in the inner solar system."