• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Asteroid Belt (SAAB)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
4 mars ore seems really low

I guess the idea is that you're supposed to set aside a significant amount of city space for it. Needing 12000 mars ore to make it through the tech tree:

3000 building-days.

So if you run 10 buildings it'll take 300 days - which while not what you probably want personally might be what inno wants; to make it work to get through the tree and not just something you can sprint through.

If you run 20 150 days. If you run 40 75 days.

They're only 3x3 so I think ditching all my supply buildings from mars I could probably get 40 of them up. (currently have 20 6x4 rocket testing sites)

Arwaren

Squire
I guess the idea is that you're supposed to set aside a significant amount of city space for it. Needing 12000 mars ore to make it through the tech tree:

3000 building-days.

So if you run 10 buildings it'll take 300 days - which while not what you probably want personally might be what inno wants; to make it work to get through the tree and not just something you can sprint through.

If you run 20 150 days. If you run 40 75 days.

They're only 3x3 so I think ditching all my supply buildings from mars I could probably get 40 of them up. (currently have 20 6x4 rocket testing sites)
We also have a new great building, so we can produce mars ore more.

DeletedUser5097

I shall be honest. This age could be amazing but instead it is an huge dissapointment, I wouldn't
call an age quickly boring but this age takes that cake. The units are looking great, but their skills
combined with no or very low range with exception of artil. and light... this is the worst I've seen
since Virtual Future but a few good units and adjustments made those still an nice upgrade from
Oceanic.
The buildings on Eurth looking fine but not really special, IMO. The militairy buildings looking
intressting tho but I can't immagine building a few myself. Maybe and it's a huge maybe the naill
storm but that's all. The new GB is nice for some. It's kinda nice addition to the game and the
extra expansions are welcome.

The only thing that I do like are the looks so far: the battlefield looks great, perhaps one of my
favorites. Competing with my personal favorites Tomorrow and Modern era battlefields. The units
looking amazing despite beeing an huge dissapointment. The sollution for goods are nice but
Martian ore sollution is to me poor. As I think it still should be possible to strike on the Martian
maps for gaining Mars ore but that's just my opinion.
As this age looks. I'm gonna stick with Mars for now. Grinding all the stuff I need for SAAB and
Venus. Than I'll gonna rush through SAAB and grind for SAAB goodies untill I have enough for
Venus. Really did hope it would be great to get some new better units, but dissapointed to see
the downgrades

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
But i guess everyone should stockpile mars goods before advancing to SAAB

And leave event buildings as Mars age in SAAB. That much was a given anyways though in the event you hadn't noticed how much of a pain it is to get VF goods in mars.

DeletedUser9112

Le problème je pense mais j'espère me tromper .
Beaucoup ne sont pas en age de mars .
Du coup j'ai un doute que cet age sortira sans beaucoup de problème .
perso je suis en postmoderne age .
De plus pas sur vu comme sa joue sur les serveur Français que beaucoup je sur cet age

The problem I think but I hope to be wrong. Many are not of March age. Suddenly I have a doubt that this age will come out without much problem. personally I am in postmodern age. Also not seen as his cheek on French servers that many I have on this age

Dessire

Regent
the only good thing about SAM was one portrait and that's it. the 2 new GB of SAM are not great. guild battlegrounds are the only excuse to build those great building, this new era, SAAB has ugly portraits, the units don't have anything new, only their design, and the only good thing is the new GB because is like himeji. that means, more FP and more FPs are always welcome.
EVENTS! have made new ages useless because soon or later your city will be filled up with event buildings and the normal buildings (related to the new eras) are useless, so no reason to build them. do you want to make your city look like as the era where you are in? well, then don't put on it any event building, that means, an useless and inefficient city.

FoE team, the only resons why we want new eras are:
1. usefull great buildings ( more FP, more attack or defense for attacking units, or the possibility to get more diamonds)
2. new goods and military units means more ranking points at the moment of win a negotiations or fights.
3. and maybe new portraits but the new era portraits are a lot worse than SAM portraits.
4. nothing more... becasue event buildings give us everything we need!

at this point, new eras are meaningless. FoE team, you could add new great building related to some events and that would be more exciting that a new era. if you don't make something to innovate future eras then there is no point to keep developing new eras. FoE please stop doing new eras, we don't need them if they will be like SAM and SAAB.

Arwaren

Squire
1. usefull great buildings ( more FP, more attack or defense for attacking units, or the possibility to get more diamonds)
2. new goods and military units means more ranking points at the moment of win a negotiations or fights.
3. and maybe new portraits but the new era portraits are a lot worse than SAM portraits.
You have forgotten about victory and diamonds expansion... but you have a point.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
the only good thing about SAM was one portrait and that's it. the 2 new GB of SAM are not great. guild battlegrounds are the only excuse to build those great building, this new era, SAAB has ugly portraits, the units don't have anything new, only their design, and the only good thing is the new GB because is like himeji. that means, more FP and more FPs are always welcome.
EVENTS! have made new ages useless because soon or later your city will be filled up with event buildings and the normal buildings (related to the new eras) are useless, so no reason to build them. do you want to make your city look like as the era where you are in? well, then don't put on it any event building, that means, an useless and inefficient city.

at this point, new eras are meaningless. FoE team, you could add new great building related to some events and that would be more exciting that a new era. if you don't make something to innovate future eras then there is no point to keep developing new eras. FoE please stop doing new eras, we don't need them if they will be like SAM and SAAB.

SAM's colony was a new innovation - and a significant benefit; up to 1000ish goods a day without taking up city space or putting in the work to do 100 quests. Mars is certainly one of the 'good ages' to aim to be in imo.

I do agree that while SAAB has new challenges and am satisfied it has ways to overcome them, it doesn't at first glance really offer much for reasons to leave mars. I probably will on my mars world at some point on account of I've had more time to amass event goods producers in mars than I did in VF before I realised just how important that'd be to my play. It won't be a rush though to get there. I'll set some goals for goods stockpiles and buildings I want to accumulate before I move up.

Andi47

Overlord
Probably, because we can't have boost goods on a camping map.

UURRRKS!!!! Don't switch to Mars era unless you have 11500 Mars Ore, or it will take EIGHT YEARS to research all techs for Asteroid age!!!! This one is HEAVILY UNBALANCED!!!!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
UURRRKS!!!! Don't switch to Mars era unless you have 11500 Mars Ore, or it will take EIGHT YEARS to research all techs for Asteroid age!!!! This one is HEAVILY UNBALANCED!!!!

A few people have mentioned their mars ore getting wiped out on going to SAAB anyways. So if that's the case there'll be no option to stockpile in advance and you'll just have to run a whole bunch of the mars ore synthesizers. (No reason you have to only run 1 which is what would lead to the 8 year conclusion :p Run 10 and do it in 0.8 years)

Dessire

Regent
A few people have mentioned their mars ore getting wiped out on going to SAAB anyways. So if that's the case there'll be no option to stockpile in advance and you'll just have to run a whole bunch of the mars ore synthesizers. (No reason you have to only run 1 which is what would lead to the 8 year conclusion :p Run 10 and do it in 0.8 years)
please keep us informed about this!

Andi47

Overlord

This is a bug (see here: click) - if anyone experienced this, pleas contact support; the mars ore stock will be restored.