• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2023

CDmark

Baronet
Looks like a Foosball table but I don't think it is $0.50 a game...lol I agree with the display suggestions. I used FOE helper in the Anniversary event and will use it here. I think the tutorial stole my 2x on the cheapo chests. I do like this event mechanic and once I got my system down, it went fast...BUT, you do have to play every day.

CDmark

Baronet
Gold level - (as listed)
Aegean Couple Resort has
30 current goods
10 current goods
10 previous goods

Garden Resort
30 current goods
20 previous goods

Marina
30 current goods
20 current goods

They all give 50 goods, got it, but Couples and Marina have an extra line.

If Couples is 40 C and 10 P, then make it 2 lines
If Marina is 50C, then make it 1 line
If C and M are 30C and 20 P, then make them correct, 2 lines each, not sure what the devs want to give but currently, C and M have an extra line for goods.

Here's some feedbacks from my guild:

OMG, I HATE this new event. Simply copy the other horrible, tedious event and make it seem fresh and new. There are so MANY steps to achieve a simple action. Way too much waste of time. Time is one thing none of us get back and yet INNO in its infinite wisdom wants us to give more and more and its doing the opposite. I'm not going to play as much of these events....the time sink is incredible for nary any rewards.

Yep. The older soccer event was a lot faster... I already lose too much time on this game!

Yeah, I'm pulling back on their nonsense.

there are no players this year. Its matching like the last event...with the bubbles

It's actually hard to distinguish the different shields and stars

Agreed, there's too much going on with the graphics.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Gold level - (as listed)
Aegean Couple Resort has
30 current goods
10 current goods
10 previous goods

Garden Resort
30 current goods
20 previous goods

Marina
30 current goods
20 current goods

If C and M are 30C and 20 P, then make them correct, 2 lines each, not sure what the devs want to give but currently, C and M have an extra line for goods.
This is because the 30 goods are 6 of each, while the other one is only of one type.

What a mess of optical design..... !!!! Of course I have some issues with my eyes! But... it is so hard to handle the different designs. It was far easier in the "what event?" was it the anniversary? I mean copy paste is a good technique but.... please do it better than worse. Figures are not really readable neither the signs for the fields. I have an 17" laptop playing with. I just imagine handling this on a smartphone or smaller screen... Maybe the developers are programming and designing with 100" screens...

Presenting: my version of the Soccer Event!

View attachment 9840

Things to note:
  • If you don't have distinct images for each level of player (like different numbers of gems), why not just use the whole shape for right or left? Makes it bigger and more intuitive
  • Darker background. Still looks soccer-y, no more color overload. Makes the players stand out more. Also, I didn't change the net art at all. It's just a lot nicer on the darker background.
  • More distinct stars. With the extra space we have, you can make stars that are now a bit bigger. I'm not quite happy with my version, but adding a curve to them helps make it easier to distinguish the level of the player. Maybe group the stars closer together than I did, and then there's more distinction between a player adjacent to it?

What do you all think?

[EDIT] - aware that there's nothing for the "empty" badges that you spawn. See attempt #2 at this here: [link]
The optical design is so awful and really sterssing. This version would be much much better. I really wonder if folks doing the optical stuff are really aware that not everybody has optimal eyes!!!! Yes I am older than 20... and yes I am wearing glasses, and yes, not everybody is handicaped... but... not everybody is able to see 120%. The design is stressing and really uncomfortable

First, there's not a dicky bird about this on the world page - it still shows the Fellowship event, so there's no way we could have known it was coming, and done some studying to work it out.

Not that it makes a blind bit of sense anyway. There are virtually no explanations of what to do, at least, none that I've found.

This could be the 2027 standing-on-your-head holiday for all the sense it makes as a soccer event. Not that I cared for the little animated figures that wasted time and bandwidth in previous years, but at least it made sense.

Inno, unless you want to really irritate your players, potentially losing those who are teetering on the edge as it is, pull this off the server and rethink it. I'm sure we would all prefer no event to a bad one!

CrashBoom

Legend
Gold level - (as listed)
Aegean Couple Resort has
30 current goods
10 current goods
10 previous goods

Garden Resort
30 current goods
20 previous goods

Marina
30 current goods
20 current goods

in Space Age Titan
the 20 (or 10/10) goods are 30 (15/15)

so in total 60 goods

This is because the 30 goods are 6 of each, while the other one is only of one type.
I remember a long time ago a suggestion for different goods symbols for those different goods rewards (each / one kind)

BarraG

Farmer
Wow good try but no goal here ... Yes Symbol are not making much sense, quote from someone else above "optical design is so awful and really stressing." agree fully. Gees new events are just getting worst ... This is not simple and not fun to do, the old soccer event was one of few I look forward doing. Now this event I don't enjoy doing with every thing you got to do now. No wonder so many are leaving this game and it so much harder to promote this game to anyone. :confused:
Hint: use the "KISS" system.

CDmark

Baronet
I went and looked at Anniversary event, the grid and layout. The grid is the same but the layout is different. I think having the locked players on the outside and spawned players placed on the inside is better. Right now, I have to maneuver around and find spawned players between locked players. I honestly don't care that the event mechanism is a copy, The change from gems to players is enough to handle, the optics as mentioned. But, mixing locked and spawned players is taking it a bit too far. It isn't like when they are mixed, I go "oh a new event mechanic, never seen this one before". No, I just search around thinking, "why did they change it?". The old way, you can organize your spawned players (gems) and then go make your pairs. This way you don't forget one which after 7 games, I almost missed one.

As mentioned by McBlue earlier, there is no reason a 4 star, full player should merge with a another one of the same status, both 3 pointers. Not sure what it would take to program it but I think it would be an improvement and avoid a mistake by players.

CrashBoom

Legend
what kinda of things will have the "Mediterranean Memories Selection Kit"?
those 2

Feta Farm (3x2)Golden Goal Gyros (2x2)

FetaCheeseMaker_4K%20Kopie.png

Gyros_FoodTruck_4k%20Kopie.png

• Boosts:
    • 7-17% Attack for Attacking army
    • 12-22% Defense for Defending army
  • Production:
    • 6-8 Forge Points

• Requires Motivation

Production:
    • 20-30 Goods