• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2023

estrid

Baronet
Ok... v2? Darker shaded icons, worked more with the stars on this one.
View attachment 9843
That certainly looks better! I have completed one full board and that tiny difference of half black minuscules were really hard, but actually I made more mistakes by trying merge different amount stars. Maybe it just takes some training, but, all in all, I liked the gem-merge game better

Emberguard

Emperor
Presenting: my version of the Soccer Event!

View attachment 9840

Things to note:
  • If you don't have distinct images for each level of player (like different numbers of gems), why not just use the whole shape for right or left? Makes it bigger and more intuitive
  • Darker background. Still looks soccer-y, no more color overload. Makes the players stand out more. Also, I didn't change the net art at all. It's just a lot nicer on the darker background.
  • More distinct stars. With the extra space we have, you can make stars that are now a bit bigger. I'm not quite happy with my version, but adding a curve to them helps make it easier to distinguish the level of the player. Maybe group the stars closer together than I did, and then there's more distinction between a player adjacent to it?

What do you all think?
I think it looks so much better

Ok... v2? Darker shaded icons, worked more with the stars on this one.
View attachment 9843
Not bad. Somehow I think I prefer your first version, but both work better than the current super bright version

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Ok ok ok hard to see event stuff, we've been over that. BUT WHY are the chests so powerful? For the gold bag, you've got a 22% chance at 400 goods? Doesn't that seem a bit too many??? Even the cheap silver bag has 200-250 goods, and a finish all goods productions item.

1687960013285.png

Oh - and I'm not a fan of how small/off-center the icons are for badges for the chests. Looks strange.
1687960163274.png
[EDIT] - saw it's a bug with them being offcenter. Should still be bigger though in my opinion

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
50% fp or 50% blueprints... This two things arent in the same balance, so i hope the quantity of fp would be high, over 35 fp.

Fully agree. @ Level 9, the Aegean Resort gives a CHOICE of 30 FP or 6 BP, if it's motivated first.

Multiple beta players have already made suggestions to change that - so concensus is building on that, for good reasons.

It's unappealing to everyone not in the STONE AGE (meaning: 99.9% of this game's players)

Possible ideas:

A) Pair them, but in different quantities:

10 FP and 2 blueprints (50%)
30 FP and 6 blueprints (50%)

B) Remove the blueprints completely

10 FP (50%)
30 FP (50%)

C) FP and a fragment of something player helpful (with a different type of balance, see both choices)

10 FP & 1 Fragments of a MASS SELF-AID kit
30 FP and 3 Fragments of a MASS SELF-AID kit

or

10 FP & 3 Fragments of a MASS SELF-AID kit
30 FP and 1 Fragments of a MASS SELF-AID kit

Another idea - make the reward age/era conditional. For example, above Colonial, drop the BP reward and substitute something else.

As well, I'm not sure why you're removing potential revenue sources from your game. People who can't get blueprints in the very early ages, do BUY them for diamonds. Not as often as they may have 5 years ago, but almost everyone has done this at one point or more times, in the game. Now you're basically giving BPs every other day and that lessens the potential revenue you could get from someone trying to get blueprints they need to start or continue leveling a building.

Since you're not giving any BPs ABOVE the player's era, you're just going to give UNIMPORTANT blueprints (Notre Dame, Colosseum, etc) more often to IA,EMA,HMA players. Bad idea (IMHO) to work so hard to make an event enticing, to then deliver a 50% rate on something absolutely unenticing.

Not sure giving BPs makes any sense at all in the modern FoE game, especially on a new event building.

I'd rather you give us fragments of something - they're the rage now! (snicker).

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Oh - and I'm not a fan of how small/off-center the icons are for badges for the chests. Looks strange.
1687960163274.png
This is a reported bug :)

Pass Go

Squire
I am not seeing the orange ( attacker) badge in any of the bags after I send them to the cool down. and the orange spawns are all coming up with no badge attached to them... is this supposed to be happening ? The yellow and blue ones are showing in the bags ok
( I just reset the field, I now see orange guys with partial badges, merged some to get full badge, sent to cooldown, and still have zero orange counted in any bags)

Last edited:

Gedrog

Squire
I actually liked the Anniversary event. The fact that there were elements to keep an eye on made it challenging.
What ruins this event is that it is too difficult to see. The right and left parts don't work as well as the half keys, my brain sees them as the same.
The stars are ok, but the green grass background together with the dull colors of the elements gives a very boring picture in relation to the Anniversary Event.
the checkered background does play with the eyes and really obscures left and right components it is just eye stress all the way

mcbluefire

Baronet
First the good:
1) @Juber, your announcements are legendary now! The layouts for the stats, the charts, and ESPECIALLY the new bug tracking are spot on! Thank you for giving the community something it has needed for years! Your efforts are appreciated.
2) Event prizes look fun and I kind of like the perpetual event building adding after the event even though it's really still stuff that will likely get replaced with event buildings the next year as power creep continues. It's fun, though.
3) Love upgrades to new levels on previous event buildings! Too bad I got rid of my Athlon Abbeys already...

Now the bad:
1) ...and poof goes another original event mechanic. :/ Yeah the Soccer event wasn't one of my favorites, but I played it and enjoyed it overall. Not really sure why this would need to be replaced with another event mechanic that was just developed this year.

In this post I outlined the event mechanic changes since 2018 and I'm going to update it here.
Trend shows reduction of one (-1) in maintaining unique events since 2018....with a ton of development time invested.
8 major events in 2018 grew to 11 major events in 2022. 2023 looks to be on track for at least 10 events with only 7 6 being unique. Three Four of the newer ones require daily interaction to have a chance at getting a n-1 upgraded building and then waiting months to get the final upgrade.

In 2018 two of the events were kind of similar. In 2023 at least 3 4 of them will be same mechanics with different art work: summer/winter, St Patty's/Fellowship, and Wildlife/Anniversary/Soccer. If Archaeology actually returns then Archaeology/Halloween show as same mechanics. Forge Bowl now stands as unique since it no longer shares mechanics with Soccer.

2) The graphics (mini-game UI) are abysmal, really needs to be cleaned up to be easier on the eyes and minds of your players.

3) Why would team selection be more interesting than team play? I don't like this move for the soccer event at all, it should be taken back to something that has more to do with the game.

Last edited:

angelgail

Baronet
what the heck yall do to soccer now ?
the prizes look good though
:confused:o_O
it is some improvement must say

Last edited: