• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2020

Dessire

Regent
They don't needed connected with the 3rd piece

you can gain selection kit only from leagues,latest event task and from 1st/2nd tournament position;
the event give you to upgrade for both buildings when you get the goal prize

For me atm is the winner's plaza upgrade if the event doesn't have the sentinel outpost;colossus may would be only in tournament

Idk the difference but you can perform adding 3 Rousioi Tracks to gain in sam/saab 34/35% defense for attacking in 10x4 or 1 Rousioi Track to have 22/23% in 8x4
thank you for answer me :)

TitanTony

Farmer
I do not care for this event at all. There seems to be no skill involved in this card thing. It seems to be either good or bad luck and for that matter the instructions and sample play were completely inadequate. In my opinion

Spli

Farmer
It would be really nice if the staff could explain how tournament ranking points are earned : I don't understand how so many players jumped from >3k to >10k ranking points in just one day...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It would be really nice if the staff could explain how tournament ranking points are earned : I don't understand how so many players jumped from >3k to >10k ranking points in just one day...

It seems there's two components. One is a baseline amount of points for winning a match. The other is a huge amount of points for winning against someone with more points than you.

Feanor II

Baronet
It seems there's two components. One is a baseline amount of points for winning a match. The other is a huge amount of points for winning against someone with more points than you.
Yup, and that winning against someone with more points than you is based entirely on luck. No strategy or skill involved. Just push the button and hope for the best.

FoE prides itself on being a strategy game but this event is essentially a slot machine.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yup, and that winning against someone with more points than you is based entirely on luck. No strategy or skill involved. Just push the button and hope for the best.

FoE prides itself on being a strategy game but this event is essentially a slot machine.

You have a small amount of strategic decisions that impact your chances:
- investing in cards with diamonds or by rushing the event questline/training. or not.
- using your daily refresh to get unprofitable matchups out of the way (or spending diamonds to keep refreshing)
- many easy wins vs fewer hard wins
- after a loss a decision to rematch and keep the same opponent (especially an opponent with high points you have a good win chance against) or to see what the new 3 will be.

Think of it like poker strategy rather than chess. You can't guarantee a result in an individual hand. But your decisions can cumulatively make a difference over many matches.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Despite my initial misgivings, I decided to give it a go. @xivarmy nailed it when he said that the soccer event basically has two parts that can be played seperately, for different prizes and with a separate mechanic.

The training part seems identical to the previous football/soccer events, and basically the origami/spring mechanic. Haven't played it much yet, since there hasn't been an interesting daily there yet. I liked the mechanic in the other events, not much else to say about it.

The main difference is the league mechanic. Kudos to the Inno team for trying out something new, that allows for an actual competition, more so than in the previous events with leagues. My thought on this new mechanic:
  • what confused me most about it, at first, is that both systems use the same player graphics even though the mechanics are separate. The level of the player does affect both systems - more stars means a higher chance to win, a higher % for the daily may affect both systems, but probably only the training bit. A very simple and clear tutorial would make a world of difference. This may be available when the event goes live, as hapened with the St Patrick's Day event, but it would be nice to have it available for beta testing so we can give feedback on the tutorial as well (and be saved bewilderment!)
  • the introduction of distinct profile pics for 1st, 2nd place and so on may well work to get players to spend diamonds for it, so that seems well done.
  • This events is chance, chance, chance, as has been mentioned before. The only skill is in selecting your team, and which player to advance through training. That doesn't feel right. The high element of chance conflicts with the idea of competing. The better team does not win, as is evidenced by the level of the teams in the top 10.
  • The mechanic seems to favor buying many tournament turns rather than investing in a good team. That is counter intuitive. Having a much better team should give a near 100% chance to win from your opponent.
  • the way the win chance of your team is calculated is also counter intuitive. Stars seem to matter more than selecting players that are strong against their opponent player. Though I think that may have been tweaked yesterday, as it does now seem to favor the role opposition more than the stars.
  • The daily prizes for tournaments mean that you have only 3-5 chances to get that prize unless you buy diamonds. If that is used to limit the number of main prizes from earlier events that people can win per event, it is a nerf I support. However, such a nerf should be applied to all events or none, in my opinion. If the intention is not to nerf it, then I hope the Colossus and such will also be avialble as a training daily prize.
That's it for now.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
  • the way the win chance of your team is calculated is also counter intuitive. Stars seem to matter more than selecting players that are strong against their opponent player. Though I think that may have been tweaked yesterday, as it does now seem to favor the role opposition more than the stars.

It's been effective from the start - the thing is it's not 'their opponent player' you need to compare it with but 'all opponent players' (it's not just the one across from them they're dueling but the entire enemy team - order doesn't matter).

Examples
If you're facing an opponent with Def, Def, Def, For, For then:
Defenders are best all things considered (advantage over 2, disadvantage against none)
Midfielders are ok and a high star midfielder may be better for your % than a low star defender (advantage over 3, disadvantage against 2)
Forwards are bad (advantage over none, disadvantage against 3)

You can use this sort of logic to quickly setup a 'close to best' setup and then it's pretty easy to check which ones to replace - just remove your lowest of a given position and try the highest unused for another position to see if it's an improvement.

In general each net advantage is worth maybe 1-1.5 stars or so. So in our example defenders would be like they were 2-3 levels higher than they actually are, midfielders would be about 1-1.5 levels better than their real level, and forwards would be 3-4.5 levels worse than their real level. I don't know that this generalization applies to all player levels though. Mine are level 3-7 atm.

DeletedUser6105

Still needing to refresh to get a new quest - it seems to blank particularly when the credit is player cards.

Agree some basic info at the start would be good - i still haven't worked out how to increase the 0-2 bar at the foot of each player.

Agreed some sense of tactics in the match would be better. I'm trying to match opponents like in a battle but it doesn't make much difference. And the % doesn't relate but a rematch usually works - doesn't give you a sense of achievement.

Overall I'm liking it better than the previous simple football.
But these events have less and less to do with the game - in this one the pitch quests seem irrelevant there's such a disconnect. Like two separate games.

Heinrich IV

Merchant
I realy like the idea of this event. specially the idea of collecting cards to improve and also the tournament.
But I wonder about winning or loosing the tournaments. This morning I made 5 fights in sequence with up to 82% for victory but none of it I win.
So I am wondering if there is a bug in the calculations. It is far away from funny if there is not a realisitc correlation between victory chance and result.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Getting increasingly frustrated with this event. The "chance" element is particularly poor. The eventual winners will just be those that have been favoured by the system, since team selection seems to have little effect of the outcome of a match. I have happily spent my free diamonds on additional tournament matches to test results as much as possible. In terms of the chance stated, the results have been somewhat surprising and make little sense to me. Many consecutive losses when facing inferior opposition does not sit well. My major concern is that the final tournament position will be decided by ranking points gained yet there is absolutely no information available before starting a match as to what the ranking point reward will be. There also seems to be no way to even guess what ranking points may be awarded in the event of a victory. I have received huge rewards against lower opposition and yesterday received just 14 for beating a team supposedly 3x better than mine? I really don't understand and there is no info available to help me make a decision. Here on Beta, I really don't mind but believe me, on live, I will spend nothing on this event. It is too much of a gamble since buying diamonds will not guarantee a better overall result. Other events the decision is simple - do I buy extra attempts knowing that I will get the reward I want? - yes or no depending on the cost. With this however, I suspect that it is possible to spend thousands of diamonds and still end up with a low total score and few rewards.

Praeceptor

Marquis
This game mechanic isn't convoluted enough - I suggest we add some more complexity.

Perhaps Monty Python could provide an inspiration...

"Now, before I begin the lesson, will those of you who are playing in the match this afternoon move your clothes down onto the lower peg immediately after lunch, before you write your letter home, if you're not getting your hair cut, unless you've got a younger brother who is going out this weekend as the guest of another boy, in which case, collect his note before lunch, put it in your letter after you've had your hair cut, and make sure he moves your clothes down onto the lower peg for you. It's perfectly simple. If you're not getting your hair cut, you don't have to move your brother's clothes down to the lower peg. You simply collect his note before lunch, after you've done your scripture prep, when you've written your letter home, before rest, move your own clothes onto the lower peg, greet the visitors, and report to Mr. Viney that you've had your chit signed."

...then kick the ball and repeat.

Kenric

Farmer
I'm enjoying this event, mostly.

1. I like the two daily specials. One of my challenges with the daily special system in general is that often I log on, see that I'm not interested in the daily special, and I don't play the event that day, or often for any day except 2 or 3 of the 20+ days. The two track daily specials increase the chance I care on a given day.

2. The regenerating tournament tickets give me a reason to participate every day, too. Well done.

3. The event is too random; the chance for a prolonged losing or win streak due to good or bad luck in the tournament is high. If losing the previous match increased the chance of winning the next one, that would be completely a-thematic, but I think would make the game less frustrating and move it toward the kind of randomness we see in the Archaeology event. More thematic solutions: Losing gets you one free player card; or, the options are not just win or lose, they include "draw" which gets you some lesser reward.

4. Too random, part two -- having the 50 stickers available as a daily reward, especially the first, day, would seem to have a huge effect on how well you advance through the tournament afterward. That's a single too-large luck swing. Reducing the number of stickers awarded greatly would help, moving them later in the event where 50 stickers has less of an impact would help, taking the idea of awarding stickers as a reward entirely and substituting something else would help too.

5. I like the double ended reward with a chain in between.

6. The rewards inflation doesn't seem too out of control with this event, although I'm wondering about the possibility of the two ends with lots of extensions between them, combined with Blue Galaxy. The Train was lovely / OP that way, and this could be too.

DeletedUser9570

I still have to reload the page each time I finished a quest because the next quest isn't shown. There were at least TWO updates since that first happened and you did not manage to get that right.

vesgouo

Baronet
(Sorry for my weak English)

I believe I understood how training works.
But I'm still pretty lost about the tournament
I played only a few matches and the system is indicating that I am in 1st place.

4TSsZpq.png

Either that is a mistake or the system is poorly designed, as I played this event very little, and the only thing I spent on diamonds was the purchase of 2 player packs. I think there are players who must have spent a lot more and dedicated a lot more, so I honestly can't understand how I could have ended up in the first place. My players are level 11/12 ... there are players with much (much) higher level

The 2º on this ranking, SirTubi, is also a small player, with a simple city, he doesn't seem to be one of the most "dedicated" players to this server.

I am still trying to understand how things work in this tournament, but I am quite lost.

Considering that no matter how much I evolve my players (placing more cards in them), I will always have to choose between easy, medium or difficult challenge: is there any advantage to having higher level players for the Tournament? Will matches give me more points to move up to 1st place?
Do strong player matches against strong players give more points than weak players facing weak players?

Umbrathor

Baronet
It's been effective from the start
You may be right, but I do see a greater difference in the win chance when I adapt my team based in the opposing team in the last two days compared to the first few days.

Defenders are best all things considered (advantage over 2, disadvantage against none)
Forwards are bad (advantage over none, disadvantage against 3)
EDIT: [You have that wrong:]
Defenders are weak against midfielders and strong against attackers
Attackers are weak against defenders and strong against midfielders
Midfielders are weak against attackers and strong against defenders

This is reflected by the triangle you see on the right hand side when changing your team composition

EDIT: it is also mentioned literally on the card of each player when viewed in the team composition overview.

Last edited:

Umbrathor

Baronet
1. I like the two daily specials. One of my challenges with the daily special system in general is that often I log on, see that I'm not interested in the daily special, and I don't play the event that day, or often for any day except 2 or 3 of the 20+ days. The two track daily specials increase the chance I care on a given day.

2. The regenerating tournament tickets give me a reason to participate every day, too. Well done.
Agreed.

4. Too random, part two -- having the 50 stickers available as a daily reward, especially the first, day, would seem to have a huge effect on how well you advance through the tournament afterward. That's a single too-large luck swing. Reducing the number of stickers awarded greatly would help, moving them later in the event where 50 stickers has less of an impact would help, taking the idea of awarding stickers as a reward entirely and substituting something else would help too.

To be honest I get the feeling that the number of stars your players have does not have any significant impact:
* the % increase to get the daily spewcial during training is tiny
* the strength of the medium difficulty team seems to relate diretcly to the strength of your own team. That became apparent just now when I won 50 player cards in Tournament Daily Reward. Instead of it giving me a decided advantage, I simply got a new opposing team of equal strength to mine (from about 15 to about 30).

Inno, can you confirm whether the (medium) team strength does indeed correclate to your own, for about a 50% win chance?

If this is true, spending diamonds on player cards has no significant effect and thus is utterly irrelevant, other than giving the illusion that you are getting better. Which is fine as long as the illuson lasts, but a major letdown when you discover that is just an illusion.

I'd greatly appreciate hearing whether it isis indeed an illusion, or whether there is a significant advantage (other than the tiny bonus to winning the Training DS)

Last edited: