• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2020

DeletedUser9761

didn't you recognize that you collected the quest 6 reward twice and you also got the correct reward ?

so the correct way to fix this mistake is simply take away your second lv 1 building and give you nothing for it

It was a joke!

Praeceptor

Marquis
Another event that looks more like work than fun, just like St Patrick's Day. I guess the nerdy will fill out massive spreadsheets to work out the best strategy, but to me that's just a chore.

Giving this one a miss.

Question: When I first go into the event, the tournament is locked. It says "Complete the training tutorial to unlock the Tournament" When I click on the "Training" button it opens the event soccer field similar to last years event but there is nothing on the screen to indicate what needs to be done to start and complete the tutorial. Can someone please describe what needs to be done to start the tutorial?

I think the manual refresh of the browser to get a new quest after completion of the last one is no longer needed, apparently it's fixed.
*Update: Currently working most of the time.

A minor thing, the level value is not displaying when you view the "Sphendone Upgrade Kit" in the quest line, the graphic portion. The description ends with "Lv." and no number. The number does display in the mouseover information.

Animations appeared today in the Hippodrome, very nice.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Another event that looks more like work than fun, just like St Patrick's Day. I guess the nerdy will fill out massive spreadsheets to work out the best strategy, but to me that's just a chore.

Giving this one a miss.

It's not complicated enough to fill out a spreadsheet :p It only looks that way at first glance.

Training is the main event and is like past sports events (make passes to open chests, score goals to get grand prizes).

The tournament is an addendum and replaces the league from past events that you probably ignored. You win player cards along the way from various sources that make your team stronger and tweak your team for a specific opponent to get a better chance at the bonus prizes; doing it a little is important (you get an upgrade for being in the top 50% of the league standings and freebies along the way). Doing particularly well in it... not so much.

Player cards also slightly improve your training rewards, but the bonus there is miniscule (0.2 % chance to double your prize from a pass per level)

6zeva9

Baronet
If we were in the Top 10 would it be better to finish 3rd and get 100 Forge Points and 500 Goods or go for 2nd and get 150 Forge Points and 375 Goods plus a Selection Kit?

Danu

Farmer
Have not been impressed with this event at all. It is confusing as to how to choose team members. When in Training, there is not info on whether we are simply collecting player cards, or if we can choose players here. I would prefer to play in a similar manner to the earlier Football event, I do not like the Tournaments being necessary to win prizes.

And the sports drinks look like baby bottles.

LastWarrior

Regent
I have let the team be self selected, it picks my best cards so I just let it get on with it, much easier on the cells lol.
Its a good win ratio as long as you do not try against too high a team.
If you cannot be bothered trying all the different permutations this way is the way to go with moderate success.
Its a nice addition thx.

Praeceptor

Marquis
The tournament is an addendum and replaces the league from past events that you probably ignored...

Until recently I played every event in 8 worlds (for the past 8 years!), but recently they've become too involved. The complexity is fine, it's the time involved that puts me off.

It's still not for me.

jtrucker

Baronet
OK, I admit, I didn't read 9 pages of forum comments, sorry, don't have that much time. The game is becoming more of a chore and less of a fun every day and it has way too many events with too many huge buildings for which there is no space.
But.. apart from that general sigh "Oh no, not another event " here is my 2 cents...
It is about the tournament:
The "chance for victory %" is one big BS. I've won so far 2 (TWO) tournaments with 51% and lost all others with far more % up and include 71% which I've lost right now. (Please, no math lecture, I DO KNOW how % probability works and how one may lose even with 99% chance of winning).
So here is my suggestion:
Just delete the % message altogether. Simply - there is the opponent line of players, select your line of players. Button "Match" -> One of you win... Try again. Try rematch with different line. Have fun. Don't get distracted by completely senseless % value. That value has no merit on who wins and who loses, so why bother.
Not seeing the % chance of Victory will be much better for my own sanity and I believe I'm not the only one frustrated by losing 71% chances and winning 51% chances = completely non sense number exactly because it is only probability. Just get rid of it...
Please and thank you.

jtrucker

Baronet
Question: When I first go into the event, the tournament is locked. It says "Complete the training tutorial to unlock the Tournament" When I click on the "Training" button it opens the event soccer field similar to last years event but there is nothing on the screen to indicate what needs to be done to start and complete the tutorial. Can someone please describe what needs to be done to start the tutorial?

I believe the tournament unlocked after you've obtained 3 tournaments tickets from the soccer field game.

AllamHRK

Baronet
Does the percentage of the chance of victory be of no use at all? Is there a problem or error?

It makes no sense for you to put together a combination with an 80% chance of winning and losing again and again. In the same way the opposite, you assemble a combination of players with a 25% chance of winning and win, what is the math of that? It seems that it is just an ornament number, which represents absolutely nothing, as it is all just luck, all 50/50.

Another thing, does anyone know how to explain the reason for the tournament winnings? There are many with thousands of points, at that moment the first place has 10,000 points in the tournament ranking, but when you win a match you win most of the time few points (4,5,7,12 points), regardless of which 3 difficulties to choose, wins the same amount in the three. Only on 2 occasions have I won more than 1,000 points by winning a match. What is the relation of these points? Why do a few games give more than 1,000 points while most give very little?

Thunderdome

Emperor
Oi, is it just me or every time a quest calls out for collecting the incidents they do not show up?

It's not only this one but of ones I had participated in the past prior to being really busy with work. At least it called for the other item to be done instead.

Having a go at the tourney section, I had come across a few matches I lost when I know I could have won. Then I found out this thing is nothing more than just paper-rock-scissors type of game that I had to put in certain players to win the matches. However, I could wish for the team set up to be saved so I don't have to click on the button to make sure I have the right ones set before going to a match. If we can get that going, it would be so grand.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Oi, is it just me or every time a quest calls out for collecting the incidents they do not show up?
You only have a limited amount of incidents that spawn per day and if most of them spawn early and you collect most of them before the quest comes up, there can not be (many) more incidents...

One solution is to just not collect incidents during the first couple days of the event unless you are asked to do it... otherwise just accept that you have to do the alternative or wait a couple hours.

Also, remember: incidents stay for 24 hours, so when you collect all the left overs just before going to sleep, you will not even lose out on rewards from the incidents.

Dessire

Regent
I have some questions.

1. carceres and sphendone don't need be connected with a 3rd piece in order to get from both buildings their production?

2. can you get carceres upgrade kits only or sphendone upgrade kits only? because I would preffer receive carceres upgrade kits only, or the event only gives you upgrades for both buildings when get the goal prize?

3. which would be the best daily special? as I'm seeing, colossus would be. ( 3 SoKs at level 2 = 6 FPS = 12 squares + botanical rotunda = 10% of attack + 6 FP = 21 squares. colossus at level 10 wins for me .. )

4. how different is have 300% of defensive bonus for your attacking army compared to 400%? because if the difference in guild battlegrounds is not so much, may be the sphendone would be a best option, 8FP per 12 squares sounds really good.

Sinitar

Regent
I have some questions.

1. carceres and sphendone don't need be connected with a 3rd piece in order to get from both buildings their production?
They don't needed connected with the 3rd piece
2. can you get carceres upgrade kits only or sphendone upgrade kits only? because I would preffer receive carceres upgrade kits only, or the event only gives you upgrades for both buildings when get the goal prize?
you can gain selection kit only from leagues,latest event task and from 1st/2nd tournament position;
the event give you to upgrade for both buildings when you get the goal prize
3. which would be the best daily special? as I'm seeing, colossus would be. ( 3 SoKs at level 2 = 6 FPS = 12 squares + botanical rotunda = 10% of attack + 6 FP = 21 squares. colossus at level 10 wins for me .. )
For me atm is the winner's plaza upgrade if the event doesn't have the sentinel outpost;colossus may would be only in tournament
4. how different is have 300% of defensive bonus for your attacking army compared to 400%? because if the difference in guild battlegrounds is not so much, may be the sphendone would be a best option, 8FP per 12 squares sounds really good.
Idk the difference but you can perform adding 3 Rousioi Tracks to gain in sam/saab 34/35% defense for attacking in 10x4 or 1 Rousioi Track to have 22/23% in 8x4