• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup 2020

Zeitlose

Merchant
Bug

I don't get the three new players from the questline any more. They don't show up at all. It happened two times now, I won't try another quest for now. ;)

And ... I like the game. It is not too complicated, just play around a little bit and you get it! :)

DeletedUser8887

too complicate for me. I couldn't even bring myself to read all of the instructions. It might be different if it wasn't soccer and if the payouts of the "grand" prizes were clearly stated in the announcement. I couldn't find it.

Umbrathor

Baronet
My first reaction on seeing the new event was: "Yet another event? Hmm..."and then: "Soccer? Really? When contact sports everywhere are on hold, you just go ahead and taunt people about it?"

Once I looked into the event, I got confused really quickly. I am supposed to play a training tutorial, but it seems that doing so costs energy drinks. A tutorial is usually meant to help you figure out how the game works, and should not cost you any real game curreny. better communiation is required about that specific issue.

Adding a tutorial seems necessary, since this games is much more complicated than its previous iterations. In my guild, several players have already complained about it being (too) confusing.

The many-segmented main prize is yet another complication, though I managed to figure it out by reading the comments here.

All in all, I'd say: don't do this event now. There have been quite enough already, doing a soccer event at the moment is in REALLY bad taste, and it is too confusing. You need to have a good tutorial for it at least. Though frankly: please stop making events so very complicated. So many new elements have been aded to the game, that is getting top-heavy. We have the city itself with reserach and progressing through he ages and the continent map. Added to that was GvG, GExpecitions, GBbattlegrounds, settlements and events. It's getting to be too much. We are being showered with event buildings, with every event giving me three large event buildings on average - the main prize and two fully upgraded from daily prizes. Plus statues of honor, maybe terrace farms lvl 2, and tons of fp's from GB... please tone it down. Take it down a notch.

LordVaderIII

Marquis
1588872215776.png

I'd like to know how the victory percent is calculated. My team is 3x better than the opponent and I only have a 76% chance of victory?

MOD EDIT: Too large image(s), spoiler tags added.

Last edited by a moderator:

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
This event isn't too bad, I actually do like the mechanics. Some things need a bit of polishing (tooltips, fixing the energy drinks symbol showing instead of the league score thing for where you fight in tournaments, etc.), but it is getting there.

However, I don't like the RNG element with the players in the tournaments. It just makes it frustrating. Not sure what can be done to improve it, but in its current state it's meh. Also, what's the point of showing players up to the top 50 (I think) when only the top 10 actually get a reward in the tournament leaderboard.

Feanor II

Baronet
IMO the thing that absolutely should be changed is the luck factor in tournaments. I get that FoE has always had random chance as part of its paradigm, but this is absurd. It's luck-upon-luck-upon-luck.

I don't mind it being complex as long as the complexity is concrete. For instance, I know some people didn't like the St. Patty's day mini-game. I enjoyed it, figuring out the best way to play the numbers in it. I very much wish they would make it a repeatable feature that allows you to use Forge Points as event currency, with the prizes being buildings, upgrades, etc. But the point is that you could formulate strategies with that mini-game and carry them out. This tournament format in its current iteration is like playing chess, but every move when you put the piece down there's a 40% chance it will fall through a hole in the board and be gone. How do you play the game that way? You can't, you just have to close your eyes and hope for the best. Which is boring and frustrating at the same time.

derdelyi beta

Merchant

I'd like to know how the victory percent is calculated. My team is 3x better than the opponent and I only have a 76% chance of victory?

MOD EDIT: Too large image(s), spoiler tags added.

It's simple.

The sum "power" of your opponent's team is 3+3+2+2+2 = 12
The sum "power" of you team is 8+8+7+7+7 = 37

These sum "power" values are visible also on the left side of the picture.

Winning change is based on the "power" ratio: 37 / ( 12 + 37 ) = ~76%

It seems natural, even if your team is ~3x better, there is a given 24% chanhe to loose the match. If your team is 9x better, the winning chance would be 90%.

One interesting thing is, how the attacker-midfielder-deffender pros-cons are calculated into this formula??

derdelyi beta

Merchant
actually they give 6 goods, 2 FP or 6%

because they give to 2 buildings

that are not the best buildings
but at least better than the cars for the train (because those needs 6 square and not 4)

According to the FANDOM wiki (https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Rousioi_Track), one Rousioi Track gives 4% defense bonus to both Hippodromes. Can someone confirm this?
So basically it gives 2*4=8% defense bonus for attacking armies if it's chained to both. I think that's a fair bonus for a 1x4 sized building even if the lvl2 sentinel outpost is 2x better. But for 4 lvl2 sentinel outposts you MUST win 2*4=8 daily prizes, for this one you need to win only ONE. Please consider this aspect, too! I think it's a good building even if the info on FANDOM is incorrect and it gives just 2*3=6% defense bonus.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I dove in and tried it out a bit:

"Do the tutorial" involves picking one player to unlock tournaments. You should do so immediately as tickets regenerate over time so you're wasting potential rewards by not using them up sooner than later.

The tournament isn't very much fun. Tweak your team to get an 'optimum' lineup based on the count of players at varying positions on the other side. And then hit the "do i win?" button. Made my way into the top 10 for the moment. Mostly it seems the tournament exists to be a pressure to "get it done fast" (i.e. finish the questline, spend drinks in training to get cards and a stronger team asap so you can win better matches in the tournament). I'm not sure how successful it'll be overall though in that regard. While I did recommend getting started on matches asap, the league rewards don't seem all that appealing overall to worry about min/maxing those matches.

As for the prize:

I saw the one end of the grand prize with defense for attacking army and thought *yawn* i guess it's fine... Didn't realise the overall setup until i went out to read the announcement.

The other end looks less appealing (bigger + defending army bonuses meh).

As a whole it mostly seems to be something you could build up for blue galaxy. And it does seem to be very good at that (better than the train at 4 squares for a midpiece that adds a total of 2 FP (1 to each end), and since you can theoretically stack twice as many of them it should be close to the train in totals as well if you spent enough to go end to end on your city. The goods extension is barely better in space efficiency than sleigh builders at least this time assuming blue galaxy is used to collect your two ends. Still think it should be a little higher though. The defense for attack filler is nowhere close to competitive with sentinel outposts.

qaccy

Emperor
Even at those numbers one of the center tracks is horribly under powered.
6% Defense for Attacking on a 1x4??? Four Lvl. 2 Sentinel Towers fill the same space and give 16% defense to attacking troops.

Don't forget that four level 2 Sentinel Outposts also means obtaining four Outposts, plus four upgrades for them. That's 8 items needed compared to just one.

CrashBoom

Legend
According to the FANDOM wiki (https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Rousioi_Track), one Rousioi Track gives 4% defense bonus to both Hippodromes. Can someone confirm this?
So basically it gives 2*4=8% defense bonus for attacking armies if it's chained to both. I think that's a fair bonus for a 1x4 sized building even if the lvl2 sentinel outpost is 2x better. But for 4 lvl2 sentinel outposts you MUST win 2*4=8 daily prizes, for this one you need to win only ONE. Please consider this aspect, too! I think it's a good building even if the info on FANDOM is incorrect and it gives just 2*3=6% defense bonus.
the game confirms that the Fandom is wrong

if you would play on beta you could simply check it ingame yourself
simply look into the selection kit that you get after quest 55

and that is not the only fault there
it says it is 1x3 but it is 1x4

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

It's 3% in LMA. Maybe it gains % with ages. Might make it more viable in that case.

As for comparing the math of 4 level 2 sentinel outposts to 1 track, the challenge is to get the same bonus not to use the same space :p So assuming 3% (since that's all I can confirm myself), that's 6% for both ends, and the equivalent to 3 specials in 1, but taking double the space. If it grows to 4% at some point then it'd be 4 total (outposts or upgrades) to match but still taking double the space. Not an irrelevant tradeoff, but also not 8:1 ;)

The worst part about this forum is that people bring up the outlier buildings as the norm. (No, 0.5 FP per tile isn't an average building, no 4% defense per tile is NOT the norm)

InnoGames realized that Sentinel outposts were a mistake, they are way too strong. a 1x4 building that provides 3% defense boost is a decent building.

% Defense is way better than % Attack for now so it is a good thing that InnoGames doesnt inflate that too quickly

Arwaren

Squire
St. Patrick's Day Event had the least RNG in the game ... At the end of each completed city, you had the chance to get from the chests the prizes that were shown on the screen. So when you bought all the crates, you got all the rewards.

In events that have appeared so far, we can win prizes depending on the percentage chance. Sometimes we get worse prizes, once better and sometimes special prizes. But we always get something.

But this event has too much RNG. Even with a lot of chances of winning the match, we can still lose because the game decided so, getting nothing. In addition, the league is based on won matches so someone will have more luck and will advance higher in the league winning better prizes at the end and another player with bad luck will have a worse league.

RNG Cup 2020

One interesting thing is, how the attacker-midfielder-deffender pros-cons are calculated into this formula??
So it's an "illusion" of choice?

derdelyi beta

Merchant
if you would play on beta you could simply check it ingame yourself
simply look into the selection kit that you get after quest 55

I play beta but only the browser version, so I cannot check it now unfortunately, but thanks for confirming the 3%.

As for comparing the math of 4 level 2 sentinel outposts to 1 track, the challenge is to get the same bonus not to use the same space :p So assuming 3% (since that's all I can confirm myself), that's 6% for both ends, and the equivalent to 3 specials in 1, but taking double the space. If it grows to 4% at some point then it'd be 4 total (outposts or upgrades) to match but still taking double the space. Not an irrelevant tradeoff, but also not 8:1 ;)

I made my calculation based on space, you made your calculation based on the bonus value. Both are correct but they cover different aspects.

1. You have 4 squares. Either you can place 1 Rousoi Track with 2*3%=6% bonus or 4 lvl2 sentinel outposts (8 daly prizes) resulting 4*4=16% bonus which is 2,6x better but would require 8x more daily prizes on the same size.

2. You want 6% bonus then you can achive it with one Rousoi Track on 4 quares or with 3 sentinel outpost daily prizes on half of the space.

Bella

Inhouse Community Manager

The correct defense bonus is 3%, which means, if it's attached to both Hippodrome Carceres and Hippodrome Sphendone it gives 6%.

derdelyi beta

Merchant
The worst part about this forum is that people bring up the outlier buildings as the norm. (No, 0.5 FP per tile isn't an average building, no 4% defense per tile is NOT the norm)

I agree with you. It's a very bad habit to make the TOP buildings as etalons and comparing all of the new buildings to them. Etalons should be avarage buildings.