• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Reaching SAM on new beta account?

DeletedUser10091

Is there some method of quick progression on the beta so that anyone can join and test the latest features?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
They're not enough to significantly speed advancement at all. They're enough to occasionally test an event without doing all the quests. But 1000 diamonds here and there won't really cutoff much of anything. That's 20 FP or 100-200 goods each time something new hits beta if you were to use it for advancement.

DeletedUser10091

Wow... Crazy.
Most games offer a live to beta account transfer. E.g. they value the feedback of as many players as possible without wasting their time.

shad2389

Viceroy
Is there some method of quick progression on the beta so that anyone can join and test the latest features?
do the same as i did on live server to get to FE gather the FP's needed to go through the era's then buy the goods with your Daily FP's to go through the era's goes realy fast if you have a good FP income

DeletedUser10017

All she said was they need people testing across all ages...that doesnt mean that SAM needs people across all ages but that beta does and sure enough there is a soccer event that affects all the other ages live right now to test.

DeletedUser10091

do the same as i did on live server to get to FE gather the FP's needed to go through the era's then buy the goods with your Daily FP's to go through the era's goes realy fast if you have a good FP income

I don't know what the testing cycle of a FoE age consists of but I assume at the point of reaching public beta it's fairly mature and it's no more than a few weeks?

It is therefore impossible to join the beta when a new age is released for testing and actually make it all the way through the tech tree before it is released. OF for example takes a couple of months to gather all the Orichalcum required. The only way to do it would be with an infinite supply of diamonds.

DeletedUser9947

If it was possible for players in beta to join the server and suddenly reach the last age without spending any real life money, players from most live servers would migrate to here in order to reach SAM in 1 day instead of 1 + 1/2 year.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Ok so my IA feedback of SAM is as follows: I can see if it I scroll for a REALLY long time in the tech tree.
Hope that helps! :rolleyes:

As @NormaJeane has explained, Inno needs players all across the ages, not only players in the most recent age. Your opinion on events, special buildings will be valued because of your point of view from your age and own way of playing.

DeletedUser10091

If it was possible for players in beta to join the server and suddenly reach the last age without spending any real life money, players from most live servers would migrate to here in order to reach SAM in 1 day instead of 1 + 1/2 year.

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why this wouldn't happen, for one it's a test environment which I assume doesn't offer the same guarantees of stability and persistency as the live servers. Secondly, there are no regional/language based servers.

Why would the beta take 1/2 a year? Typically new ages are only on beta a few weeks in advance.

DeletedUser10091

As @NormaJeane has explained, Inno needs players all across the ages, not only players in the most recent age. Your opinion on events, special buildings will be valued because of your point of view from your age and own way of playing.
Yes, I get that, I was being sarcastic :)

I still think my point is valid - that there is no way for someone new to join the beta and test new ages because the content is inaccessible. This means any feedback is limited to a small subset of the FoE community that actually seem to be willing to play in the test environment as if it was a live environment.

I know many players that would be willing to give the beta a try and provide feedback but knowing that this is the case they as well as myself have lost interest.

Sorry but spending my time in Iron Age testing the unimaginative cash grab events just isn't that appealing to myself and other players I play with on live servers.

DeletedUser9947

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why this wouldn't happen, for one it's a test environment which I assume doesn't offer the same guarantees of stability and persistency as the live servers. Secondly, there are no regional/language based servers.

Why would the beta take 1/2 a year? Typically new ages are only on beta a few weeks in advance.

You got me wrong. If you start on beta (or any other server), it may take you one and an half year to reach SAM. If Inno decided that players in beta could access SAM right when they start on the server, there would be lots of people coming here just to play the new ages without the need to wait so much time.

DeletedUser5097

I still think my point is valid - that there is no way for someone new to join the beta and test new ages because the content is inaccessible. This means any feedback is limited to a small subset of the FoE community that actually seem to be willing to play in the test environment as if it was a live environment.
To be honest I was hanging out in IA on Beta for a very, very long time. Thinking
simelar to many ''new'' Beta players. However one day I decided that I wanted to
get into new ages when Beta relleases where available. After that I set my goal
to it and after an long time I reached my goal. Sure it wasn't eassy but the many
events and free diamonds made it slightly eassier to achieve.
Any1 can do the same. I'm not claiming that if you start 2day you would be at the
end of SAM before SAC Beta rellease but perhaps the age after it. After that one
got its Beta rellease you might be aible to catch up and also becoming end-tech
player on Beta.

My point is: if your doing nothing for reaching the end of the TT, regardless of beeing
it on Beta or live you never gonna reach it. If you set that goal for yourself and working
to it... you might one day in the future reach it, as many did before you.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You got me wrong. If you start on beta (or any other server), it may take you one and an half year to reach SAM. If Inno decided that players in beta could access SAM right when they start on the server, there would be lots of people coming here just to play the new ages without the need to wait so much time.

The way most games with open beta servers counter this is to allow people to copy their live account across. Then the people who are in VF can access SAM right away in the context of how developed and ready their real city is, and you don't shoot yourself in the foot by letting some HMA player try out SAM and then having them quit their live world because why would they bother trying to get there when they just got there for free.

dpghost

Steward
The truth is that allowing to copy the live server into beta would offer me more to explore and try
Instead of that I was busy to get my GB to the same levels as in live server (or close) and camped in low ages to avoid snipers.
If Inno believes that they got a lot of "testing" out of that - well, let me smile...

Emberguard

Emperor
The fastest way to SAM is by building up your FP income, hyper lvl'ing a Arc and then racing through once you have the FP inventory necessary to do so.

If Inno believes that they got a lot of "testing" out of that - well, let me smile...
It both does and doesn't. There are players that do exactly what you described on the live servers. So you are still testing, just limited to a camper test and not a later ages test. How relevant that is would be anyones guess.

The way most games with open beta servers counter this is to allow people to copy their live account across
That would be a reasonable alternative assuming once copied they'd be two completely separate cities.

Would you be proposing it's a once off? Or that you could over ride the Beta city and switch to another live server city duplicate every so often?