• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Questline Tab Lag and disappearance

Nessie

Baronet
Recurring quests:

Closing the topic so that no further reply is possible does not solve the problem!!! When will the bug finally be fixed? It has existed for a week now...

Bad enough that endgamer 12x ! have to press abort and now also a time delay... :-(

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
I understand that the problem is annoying, but we don't receive information on "when".
We pass issues on and then it's up to other people to decide when to tackle something and how urgent something is.
Also, unexpected things might be happening when trying to fix the issue and cause more delay etc.

It's not forgotten.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Very glad you dragged this bug to live servers without any delays, strictly on schedule
Juber explained why this has to happen at times pretty well in the past.. he actually replied to you.

This sadly can not be avoided sometimes. This issue could not be fixed until now, but the update needs to be done, because it has important changes and other bugfixes. If you look at the last Reference Changelog, many bugs were fixed. If we would delay an update to fix this one bug, all the other bugfixes would be delayed too.
The update also contain important changes for upcoming events. That means, that events also would have to be delayed, which would have very bad Consequences.

This bug migrated to live. I was very annoyed, at first, but then found that slowing down while aborting works. Also, when the bug does block a quest, opening the message center resets the quest. Logging out is not necessary. Still annoying but nothing that I can't put up with for a bit.

Owl II

Emperor
There was a moment in my practice when a vendor released a new version of the product to the market. The main part of the team was busy with it. But the old version still required support. And this job was given to students, interns, beginners. It was hell for the users and it was hell for the support service. They were good, diligent guys. They knew their job and programming quite well. But they didn't know this product at all and this led to catastrophic, terrible result. Because they often had no idea how it should work, from the user's point of view. If the program code does not fall out with an error, then everything is fine. No, guys. Not fine. It's disgusting. Do something about it already. Study your product. Take someone who knows it into the team. Or close it if you don't have the ability to support it. Don't mock the users like that

This problem should not be if professionals are engaged in the development, not schoolchildren on vacation. I also explained somewhere before, how to avoid it
If you don't mind me asking, in your opinion, does this attitude encourage people to be more helpful, or less? In my experience, recipients of such vitriol tend to ignore the sender.

Owl II

Emperor
This bug might be not a leftover mistake bug, but an intended one, it slows down a bit the macros similar is going for scripts :p
I don't think. If you remember the whole story, the riot arose not because of the limit of 2000 quests, but because they introduced delays. They removed the delays so that they would not be quartered by the players. They're can't do this again. Or they can?:oops:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I kinda understand what they're trying to do here: the issue would arise in the old version sometimes when you were aborting two quests simultaneously without waiting for the first to show the new one. The client would get confused, the screen would flicker, and the quests would stop showing up til you refreshed the browser. It seemed to have something to do with higher latency as well because it would happen to me more easily on beta than on live.

So by trying to slow it down it may sometimes circumvent the problem...

Except that it doesn't ;) The screen flicker isn't there, but the quests just very neatly disappear to not return now without a refresh. And it seems to happen easier. And the delay on aborting is irritating.

BeeVee

Squire
There are 2 easy solutions to fix this permanently:

1. Do not allow players to abort recurring quests.
If you are not happy with the a quest.. Too bad, come back next day and get a new quest. This would also prevent abuse and mining for resources.

2. Allow the player to choose which recurring quest he/she wants.
This option might even behind a paywall (of a few diamonds). This would lead to way less server load, but might be exploited for mining.

vakini

Squire
Looks like the questline only freeses when aborting the lowest quest, if I abort the highest or middle quest of the 3 Quest I have no problems of the questline freeses.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
During recurring quests, when you click on "abandon" to go to the next quest, look at the elevator on the right, it will go down then go up. If you wait for it to come back up before clicking on "give up" you will never get the quest blocking bug.

Fenix

Viceroy
This problem was not only not resolved here in the beta, but was transferred to the remaining markets. I find it unbelievable, but I've drawn attention to this enough, the problem is known.

I'm actually wondering if this isn't the expected behaviour and isn't part of one of those a/b tests...

Last edited: