• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

Tempestas

Squire
I did not actually quit as I would still like to help my Guild if possible. What I did was to stop what I think of as actively playing the Quantum Settlement.

On the Quantum Guild Thread, someone will state the new season started. I go in, build a basic city to start productions running. Whenever I think of it, I go into the Quantum Settlement and collect productions, so new ones start. If I am online when a call goes out for coins/supplies for one of the things, I will go and dump whatever coins/supplies I have into it.

That is it. No units, no goods, no upgrading buildings. Just throw a settlement together and collect whenever I think of it.

Why? I am glad you asked that!

This addition simply adds to the list of daily ‘chores’ that need to be accomplished to play. It is one more thing that I NEED to be aware of and NEED to log in at certain time intervals to collect those 10 hour productions. I do not need more things to do in a game to have fun. I NEED activities that I will enjoy and look forward to coming on to do. Work on making what exists already, more enjoyable before adding more things simply to add more things to do. I stopped doing busy work when I retired years ago. Quantum Settlements, to me, are just busy work, tedious busy work. For those that enjoy it, great. Knock yourself out. The shiny objects are not enough to make me want to do settlements or the other part of it, which is very visually unappealing.
I think this is a reasonable way to play. In my mind different people like to play different ways, different strengths, enjoy different things, and a good leader should see that and use what each player happily gives.

fluffycat

Farmer
I'm not over enthusiastic about QI but still doing it. Now I had a plan to build decorations that would be ready after I had made my last harvest of supplies and coins. Didn't think it would hurt my euphoria because it doesn't give happiness when unfinished in the normal town but here of course it gave unhappiness immediatly.
So many things are just irritating about it.
It's not visually appeling. Still wondering if the quantum medals will be something to fight for

Atosha

Merchant
2nd incursion and my quantum motivation is not high...
I'm really doubting Inno will get a high % in participation on live servers after a few incursions.

By the way, does anyone know where I can find my total score for the Quantum pass (i.e. all points scored by me during the incursion of a championship)?
Except for the progress bar, I haven't seen it, that's quite frustrating not to know how much progress I'm missing for next reward.

In term of rewards, what's the point of giving fragments for only the level 1 of neo colossus? It should be for the selection kit!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think someone reported that the bug happen only if you stare at it (aka you are inside QI).
If you stare at your main city you get the correct amount, including from houses.
I hope I saw this in a reported bug, but it might have been in this thread.
In fact you get the right amount no matter what. After your first hit if you've been staring at your QI screen, you'll see your action points go up instead of down :) It's purely a visual bug that it only displays the base 5000 when you're in QI. Once an update is forced, it'll show the correct amount.

Arch1e

Marquis
Well, we have tested it. You can send this to live servers. You have corrected the gross bugs. And It is impossible to make a candy out of trash.
However, I like Qfarming. Not these dull copypast buildings that will become obsolete before the summer if they are not updated. But the goods and FP pretty good. Much better than in GBG. So let's go
Sadly, I fear you are right, it will likely come to live as is. Don’t say there wasn’t ample warning here if that flops. Between the questions to clarify some aspects of the gamepkay (unanswered so far, it seems, maybe nobody at the company end knows either), all I see is a sense of tedium and the inevitable. There hasn’t been one comment I can remember over 58 pages that comes even remotely close to ‘oh wow, cool, can’t wait to see this on live’. As a guild leader, that troubles me. I need to engage a full guild to help out because the one thing that kills any guild is the sense that things are asked where some shirk and others pull more than their share of the weight. And since when was asking tedious things of people for their downtime a sensible strategy?

GateKeeper

Baronet
Season 1 thoughts I had are below in Black.....in Red are End of Season 2 updated thoughts

What I like so far:

1. I can bake multiple Troops and Goods instantly. same
  2. I like how difficult it was to manage the settlement, land expansion, appreciate the strategy to it (but see the #3 dislike about settlement). learned the strategy this season. now adding a dislike below, See dislike #5
  3. You only froze the GVG icon, and didn't remove/replace it....gives me hope. same

What I dislike so far:
  1. When you enter QI, you go straight into the "battle map", that needs to change, and should go directly into the Settlement screen. Getting your Settlement set up and going, MUST be everyone's first step. this MUST change in the game
  2. Overall game play is far too slow. 10 hours for buildings to complete rewards is too long. I'd rather see faster times, and lower rewards just so we can keep playing this actively. still think its too slow.
  3. Our settlement needs "Reconstruction Mode". would like to see this still
  4. Since we need Houses, Production, Deco's, Cultural, Military, and Goods building, a 7x6 Town hall seems out of balance. same
  5. I think the season is too short for what is being asked to play. This is more like a 17-18 day season (total 21 days) I now think this is clearly a Month long season needed
    a.this also aligns with a lot of complaints from players about every 14 days they have to start over again....now they will still complain either way, but its a sub-topic to just make the season longer. We need 1-2 days just to build the Settlement properly. season is too short for us to want to build the same town over and over again.... you will lose players in QI due to it.
  6. I really dont like the impediments, fine for regular settlements, but not for QI. This QI is hard enough, we removing them would ease some pain. same
  7. Too many Euphoria levels, shrink it down by removing a negative and a positive level. Fine with the amount needed for the max or worst levels, just too confusing with so many levels. OR at least when we go to click the Euphoria icon, it shows the chart. same
  8. Decorations should not cost us Euphoria, just remove the cost of Euphoria. same, I made 4 Arcs just to get 4 Aqueducts and max euphoria....took all the time until the last day to get this
  9. End of season chests, I see we get two free... 3 chest is 300.... 4 is 400... 5 is 500... BUT 6 is 800? you are charging 300 shards for 25,000 Medals.. something just seems greedy there... In St Pattys event, there is a discount in Pots to buy all 6 chests same
  10. I don't like that Guild Goods aren't used for anything in QI...weird I know... but that was a huge part of GVG...big part of being a guild.... at least charge us Medals to open a Level .... if not no point in having Medals in the Guild Goods. Maybe make a Node(s) that has the option to use Guild Goods/Medals to defeat the Node. would feel more guild like, but maybe this is why "Guild Raids" became Quantum Incursions. same
I don't see this being a system that is played by many members. Too much effort needed within 11 days. Imagine missing just one day.....what a set back to your ability to fight.

Owl II

Emperor
Sadly, I fear you are right, it will likely come to live as is. Don’t say there wasn’t ample warning here if that flops. Between the questions to clarify some aspects of the gamepkay (unanswered so far, it seems, maybe nobody at the company end knows either), all I see is a sense of tedium and the inevitable. There hasn’t been one comment I can remember over 58 pages that comes even remotely close to ‘oh wow, cool, can’t wait to see this on live’. As a guild leader, that troubles me. I need to engage a full guild to help out because the one thing that kills any guild is the sense that things are asked where some shirk and others pull more than their share of the weight. And since when was asking tedious things of people for their downtime a sensible strategy?
They shoved the PVP arena down our throats. They will do the same with Q settlements. There's no point in stalling. It's bad that this is a guild gameplay. But.. we have been around for years with a GvG that only a few people from the entire guild played. I hope it doesn't require excessive control efforts. We will let guildmates play the same way as in GvG: no matter what the child is amused with, as long as he does not hurt himself

Last edited:
Season 1 thoughts I had are below in Black.....in Red are End of Season 2 updated thoughts

What I like so far:

1. I can bake multiple Troops and Goods instantly. same
  2. I like how difficult it was to manage the settlement, land expansion, appreciate the strategy to it (but see the #3 dislike about settlement). learned the strategy this season. now adding a dislike below, See dislike #5
  3. You only froze the GVG icon, and didn't remove/replace it....gives me hope. same

What I dislike so far:
  1. When you enter QI, you go straight into the "battle map", that needs to change, and should go directly into the Settlement screen. Getting your Settlement set up and going, MUST be everyone's first step. this MUST change in the game
  2. Overall game play is far too slow. 10 hours for buildings to complete rewards is too long. I'd rather see faster times, and lower rewards just so we can keep playing this actively. still think its too slow.
  3. Our settlement needs "Reconstruction Mode". would like to see this still
  4. Since we need Houses, Production, Deco's, Cultural, Military, and Goods building, a 7x6 Town hall seems out of balance. same
  5. I think the season is too short for what is being asked to play. This is more like a 17-18 day season (total 21 days) I now think this is clearly a Month long season needed
    a.this also aligns with a lot of complaints from players about every 14 days they have to start over again....now they will still complain either way, but its a sub-topic to just make the season longer. We need 1-2 days just to build the Settlement properly. season is too short for us to want to build the same town over and over again.... you will lose players in QI due to it.
  6. I really dont like the impediments, fine for regular settlements, but not for QI. This QI is hard enough, we removing them would ease some pain. same
  7. Too many Euphoria levels, shrink it down by removing a negative and a positive level. Fine with the amount needed for the max or worst levels, just too confusing with so many levels. OR at least when we go to click the Euphoria icon, it shows the chart. same
  8. Decorations should not cost us Euphoria, just remove the cost of Euphoria. same, I made 4 Arcs just to get 4 Aqueducts and max euphoria....took all the time until the last day to get this
  9. End of season chests, I see we get two free... 3 chest is 300.... 4 is 400... 5 is 500... BUT 6 is 800? you are charging 300 shards for 25,000 Medals.. something just seems greedy there... In St Pattys event, there is a discount in Pots to buy all 6 chests same
  10. I don't like that Guild Goods aren't used for anything in QI...weird I know... but that was a huge part of GVG...big part of being a guild.... at least charge us Medals to open a Level .... if not no point in having Medals in the Guild Goods. Maybe make a Node(s) that has the option to use Guild Goods/Medals to defeat the Node. would feel more guild like, but maybe this is why "Guild Raids" became Quantum Incursions. same
I don't see this being a system that is played by many members. Too much effort needed within 11 days. Imagine missing just one day.....what a set back to your ability to fight.
Imho 1is not a MUST, but a highly valued SHOULD.
Otherwise, I fully agree with points 2-10.

1. End of season chests, I see we get two free... 3 chest is 300.... 4 is 400... 5 is 500... BUT 6 is 800? you are charging 300 shards for 25,000 Medals.. something just seems greedy there... In St Pattys event, there is a discount in Pots to buy all 6 chests same
Did you check after collecting the 2 free one?

Because this is what I saw after the first incursion (in St. Patrick too you cannot see the discound until you open the free one):
QI1_ChestReward_4ExtraChestDiscount.png

I checked the expansion cost (with goods). Total estimated 3 180 goods.

Can someone confirm the cost of last 3 goods expansion?
ExpansionGoods cost
9480*
10580*
11690*
* estimate

Owl II

Emperor
Your costs (units, goods, coins/supp) are limited to a very small number of quantum actions, unless you buy it with quantum shards. After playing 2 seasons, I came to the conclusion that 6 additional expansions are more than enough to spend free quantum actions. I bought three for quantum shards at the start and three more a little later for goods. Of course, you can build the viaducts at the end, and this will require a significant amount of coins/supplies. But the relevance of such a step is controversial. Or at least requires detailed calculations for each individual case. I personally have not progressed so far as to need additional boosts. I only saw 30% att on the nodes at level 3.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I checked the expansion cost (with goods). Total estimated 3 180 goods.

Can someone confirm the cost of last 3 goods expansion?
ExpansionGoods cost
9480*
10580*
11690*
* estimate
Given that goods cost at least 1050 coins/supplies each, only the first 2 make any sense until you've upgraded all your buildings to max tier.

The least efficient upgrade being a Villa which produces the coins of 4 roof tiles in 5 squares instead of 20 squares. so you need ~1.1 villas to = an expansion saved (filled with roof tiles). A villa costs 25k coins and 100k supplies. so you're paying ~27k coins and 107k supplies for that expansion. The 90 goods expansion you're paying at least 94.5k coins and 94.5k supplies. The large added coin cost not really making up for the small supply savings.

Goat farms are equivalent to 44.1k coins & 11k supplies per expansion saved. And Arches are equivalent to 24.2k coins & supplies per expansion saved. So they should probably be done before you even buy your *2nd* expansion with goods. Your first 2 expansions with goods may be justified by using up one of the 20 goods you start with to only need a little more though.

Summary: you should be using shards for initial expansions probably for the most part and only doing goods expansions once you've upgraded your existing city space, fully, if it still makes sense with the time remaining. I can't see how you'd ever sensibly get to those later expansions to matter much what they cost.

XIA*

Marquis
So can someone explain me how the reward system works? Because we are acquiring some chests when completing levels, but when the round ends you can only open two for free???? Where are the level rewards? We completed 6 levels, yet at the end I can only open two chests for free. what's the point in going further than lvl 2 if you don't get the rewards for free for the rest? we worked for those pretty hard.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So can someone explain me how the reward system works? Because we are acquiring some chests when completing levels, but when the round ends you can only open two for free???? Where are the level rewards? We completed 6 levels, yet at the end I can only open two chests for free. what's the point in going further than lvl 2 if you don't get the rewards for free for the rest? we worked for those pretty hard.
The rewards you get from the chests improve with the latest difficulty you successfully completed. If you only complete 1 difficulty, you only get a chance at goods or FP in the chests. If you complete higher levels you get a chance at snazzy fragments.

The 130 tasks to unlock the 2 free chests is just a minimum contribution line so people can't do absolutely nothing and coast on the guild's performance for free stuff. What could be in those chests is determined by how far your guild gets.

Larger contribution will earn your shards from the pass, which will enable you to buy the rest of the chests after the free ones, if you prefer. Or (other than the last round of a championship) you can save those shards forward for next incursion.

The rewards you get from the chests improve with the latest difficulty you successfully completed. If you only complete 1 difficulty, you only get a chance at goods or FP in the chests. If you complete higher levels you get a chance at snazzy fragments.

The 130 tasks to unlock the 2 free chests is just a minimum contribution line so people can't do absolutely nothing and coast on the guild's performance for free stuff. What could be in those chests is determined by how far your guild gets.

Larger contribution will earn your shards from the pass, which will enable you to buy the rest of the chests after the free ones, if you prefer. Or (other than the last round of a championship) you can save those shards forward for next incursion.
Correction: 40 progress for first free chest, and 160 total progress for the 2 free chest

Also when you acquire progress yiu have 40% chance of getting in level reward. Some are for the settlement (coin/supplies), some are for the incursion (shards) but the rest is for your main city (fp, goods, fragments of new buildings).

Someone wrote that you get more fp in the QI that in GbG. Not sure thisis correct, and it might depend on which difficulty your guild reaches.

Medal and upgrade kit from Pass (f2p, not just the premium one)

Given that goods cost at least 1050 coins/supplies each, only the first 2 make any sense until you've upgraded all your buildings to max tier.

The least efficient upgrade being a Villa which produces the coins of 4 roof tiles in 5 squares instead of 20 squares. so you need ~1.1 villas to = an expansion saved (filled with roof tiles). A villa costs 25k coins and 100k supplies. so you're paying ~27k coins and 107k supplies for that expansion. The 90 goods expansion you're paying at least 94.5k coins and 94.5k supplies. The large added coin cost not really making up for the small supply savings.

Goat farms are equivalent to 44.1k coins & 11k supplies per expansion saved. And Arches are equivalent to 24.2k coins & supplies per expansion saved. So they should probably be done before you even buy your *2nd* expansion with goods. Your first 2 expansions with goods may be justified by using up one of the 20 goods you start with to only need a little more though.

Summary: you should be using shards for initial expansions probably for the most part and only doing goods expansions once you've upgraded your existing city space, fully, if it still makes sense with the time remaining. I can't see how you'd ever sensibly get to those later expansions to matter much what they cost.
You are comparing the cost of the building for what it gives in one collection?

Once you build the villa you can collect it every 10 hours (or twice a day if you want a more relaxed play).
That can be as much as 675k coins for an investment of 25k coin and 100k supplies (it can actually be even more).

If you develop the city fast enough you will find that even the third and maybe the 4th goods expansion make sense early on, not on the first or second day!
(I admit I opened 7 just to see what the cost progression was)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You are comparing the cost of the building for what it gives in one collection?

Once you build the villa you can collect it every 10 hours (or twice a day if you want a more relaxed play).
That can be as much as 675k coins for an investment of 25k coin and 100k supplies (it can actually be even more).

If you develop the city fast enough you will find that even the third and maybe the 4th goods expansion make sense early on, not on the first or second day!
(I admit I opened 7 just to see what the cost progression was)
The production cycle doesn't vary so it doesn't matter that it's every 10 hours. The villa makes 4 times the coins of a rooftile in the same cycle. So you could either buy a villa, or buy an expansion and put 4 rooftiles in it and it would be the same result coins-wise (the villa also saves a bit of extra culture).

I'm not debating the value of upgrading (if there's still some days left, that's definitely there), just stating that until you have nothing left to upgrade, goods expansions are underwhelming value compared to doing an upgrade instead.

I'm also not debating whether or not you could possibly afford it, but whether it can pay for itself by the end: i.e. if you're spending 310 goods on an expansion, 325k coins and 325k supplies, you probably need at least 5 days left plus a couple days for the cost of the buildings you'd build in 1 expansion just to pay off the cost of the goods you used. Since I don't think you're likely to be "ready" to buy a 310 goods expansion on day 2 or 3, there seems little chance of it ever being a good buy. You just can't do enough in an expansion that costs that much.

The first 4 or so might be of some value if you can ramp up fast enough, be fully upgraded in the space you have, and in need of more space to keep ramping up. Just saying the later ones, no chance.

I haven't really tried a full ramp up yet, because at the start of this round villas were still bugged and I was already semi-committed to just doing enough to use up my action points - it would've been an uncomfortable distortion to rebalance back towards making more supplies so I could afford villa upgrades by the time the bugfix came through - I had already converted to making boost, which ended up being way more boost than I needed for how far i was able to get. I'll be trying more of a villa-targeted city next round to increase my action point generation. And in general trying to increase my QS balance til the last round of the championship where I'll see how far I can really push a 1-member guild :)

One expansion cannot contain 4 tile roof houses. You need a road conneciton to get the coin!

I agree with you that after the 3rd or 4th the investment return is small. But the reason forhaving additional expansion after like the 5th day is for more arc and decoration, not to boost production.
Once your produciton is about 200k coin and supplies in 10 hours, boosting it further is not that convinient.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
One expansion cannot contain 4 tile roof houses. You need a road conneciton to get the coin!

I agree with you that after the 3rd or 4th the investment return is small. But the reason forhaving additional expansion after like the 5th day is for more arc and decoration, not to boost production.
Once your produciton is about 200k coin and supplies in 10 hours, boosting it further is not that convinient.
Yes, but 1 villa also does not take zero space. It does approximately save 1 expansion regardless. (5 squares including half-road instead of 20 squares including half-road. Plus slightly lower cultural demand)

And yes, building more decos is eventually what you're going to want to build - but arguably you might've been better off buying more expansions with QS at the start, leaving some of them with un-upgraded cheap buildings, and then eventually selling the un-upgraded buildings for the decos you need later while keeping the upgraded ones.

Yes, but 1 villa also does not take zero space. It does approximately save 1 expansion regardless. (5 squares including half-road instead of 20 squares including half-road. Plus slightly lower cultural demand)

And yes, building more decos is eventually what you're going to want to build - but arguably you might've been better off buying more expansions with QS at the start, leaving some of them with un-upgraded cheap buildings, and then eventually selling the un-upgraded buildings for the decos you need later while keeping the upgraded ones.
The goods expansion I suggested were in ADDITION to those obteined with shards.