• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

Matteozzzo

Squire
So many posts complaining about bugs. Beta is by definition unfinished product, that's why it is Beta. If you don't want to test with bugs don't play on Beta, it's that simple. If you see a bug, go and report it in the bugs section. This thread is supposed to be about the feedback.

Yes, but devs shouldn't abandon the beta-testers without saying a word for a week.
They threw this buggy mess at us and then abandoned us.

Matteozzzo

Squire
So many posts complaining about bugs. Beta is by definition unfinished product, that's why it is Beta. If you don't want to test with bugs don't play on Beta, it's that simple. If you see a bug, go and report it in the bugs section. This thread is supposed to be about the feedback.

There are many bug reports in the relevant section, but they have not even been marked as Reported to Developers.

MATR

Squire
Not sure there is much value in continuing to complain about how QI fails to replace gvg. Feedback is about anything associated with the product. Bugs are prime feedback material well as the lack of communication regarding said issues. Bug reporting is about getting bugs fixed. Feedback about the existence of bugs and how they make me feel about the product in general is what this thread is about. Right now I don't wanna play because it don't work right.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Beta is NOT an unfinished product.
Bugs are being reported but with little effect. Feeback is given without much effect. Also as the mechanics of QI are not so clear, you can undestand that for some players it is not sure about whether their problem is a bug or a misunderstanding of the game.
We have been promised a great expérience and this is in fact a big disapointement. So yes, we complain!

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
So many posts complaining about bugs. Beta is by definition unfinished product, that's why it is Beta.
From my work experience in Corporate Finance QA there are 3 ‘test’ processes.

Peer testing: This is developers checking each other’s code. This is where the major ‘defects’ are found very early in development. Forgotten tables, tables not linked, do tables populate… Very basic flaws. There usually is no formal defect process for issues. It is brought up person to person in the development team and dealt with. It is much faster this way to correct issues. This is also where major conflicts can be found in coding versus the specifications.

UAT or Alpha Testing: User acceptance testing. This is an in-house group that has worked closely with the development team and the customer (if applicable). They have been involved since day one in meetings and through all the functional specification reviews. They are intimately familiar with the program, its functions and the business needs. They write and perform all the Test Cases that were drawn up and based on fully testing the functionality of the program from the functional specifications. This is where things like data in tables, formulas, reports, screen functionality, typos and such are tested. This is also where full regression testing would occur. There is a formal process for reporting and documenting defects and re-testing the fixes.

Beta Testing: This is a sub-group of the end users testing the program. They would use it as ‘real world’ as it is intended. There are no official test cases, they are given real world work to check functionality. The same Defect reporting process as in UAT/Alpha would be used to track defects and test the corrections. After passing Beta it goes right into Production.

For something like the event count crossing between QI and St P event, that is a tough call if UAT would have caught it or not. The developer might have given UAT a heads up to look at it. Something like.. “I touched the event code when I added the QI counters. Run QI parallel to the current event to make sure nothing is broken”. Otherwise, it indeed may have been completely missed by UAT.

For the settlement and population counts, not being able to delete buildings, Euphoria and all, that should have been an easy UAT catch doing normal functionality testing.

Kono

Merchant
Few people write concrete quality feedback. But then that feedback is burries under loads of "off-topic"complaints. I'm not saying that some of those compaints are not valid, just that's it is counter productive to write them in the wrong place.
If you have an issue with the response time on bugs resolving, write about it in bugs section.
If you have an issue with Inno ingoring you, write in the Discussion forum.
If you have abandonment and other daddy issues contact your shrink.
Please keep this thread for feedback related to QI features.

LordVaderIII

Marquis
I'm a little confused. I am in Oceanic Future but I can only fight with Bronze Age troops? I now have to build previous age (really old age) buildings to participate in this?

nice2haveu

Baronet
Few people write concrete quality feedback. But then that feedback is burries under loads of "off-topic"complaints. I'm not saying that some of those compaints are not valid, just that's it is counter productive to write them in the wrong place.
If you have an issue with the response time on bugs resolving, write about it in bugs section.
If you have an issue with Inno ingoring you, write in the Discussion forum.
If you have abandonment and other daddy issues contact your shrink.
Please keep this thread for feedback related to QI features.
Still you are using the comment section to mention something and not sharing the actual feedback for QI features.
Instead of making the comment section, please do the report option mentioning as "Off-topic".

Tempestas

Squire

I believe its our job to find and complain about the bugs. I'll stop complaining about the specific bug I'm dealing with when Inno acknowledges it and says they are working on it. Would be foolish to not complain about bugs.

nice2haveu

Baronet
My feedback for QI,
- Map visual representation if it is under work or bug fix means okay otherwise please redo the layout for good quality effects.
- More clicks can be avoided on each base.
- Expecting Quantum settlement quests/tasks similar to regular settlements which can offer some rewards. Without mini-tasks or challenge, cannot avoid getting boredom of playing it.
- Not able to play in the night time, since many times slept automatically due to lack of interesting factor in it. (also change the music to something energetic instead of deep melody/sorrowful suspenseful classic FOE music.
- Mixing GE and GBG concept is okay, lonely battle is somewhat boring, it would be better to have some opponent guilds in the same QI map like GBG.

CDmark

Baronet
QS, Quantum Shards question. Do we keep our balance after the season and lose them all after the championship is over? I went thru the article again and I didn't see it specified, could have missed it.

CrashBoom

Legend
QS, Quantum Shards question. Do we keep our balance after the season and lose them all after the championship is over? I went thru the article again and I didn't see it specified, could have missed it.
quantum shards will reset after championship ends

CDmark

Baronet
QS update

I am QS, Quantum Stuck. I have supplies, can build Villas but I built one and that bug got me, 200 extra population (400 total) so went from 1.5 to 1.2 happiness factor. So, it is a Quantum Stalemate for now, we shall see if things get fixed. If you are bored, Quantum Spend Qactions and move around the level to all nodes. After that is done, back to Quantum Stuck.

CDmark

Baronet
I actually have a Quantum Solution to my Quantum Stuck happiness issue. I can collect 1 butcher, delete it, build Amphitheater (got just enough room), then collect the others at 1.5 bonus. Delete Amp, rebuild butcher, wait the 10 hours, repeat. 30% bonus is nothing to Quantum Sneeze at, it helps. I did not design my city for this Quantum Situation, it just happened. I didn't have my city packed like a can of Quantum Sardines, so it worked out.