• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

bromtor

Squire
Lol.
Sir, you are ahead of your time with your ideas.

InnoGames is a $190 mln business. I do not know what their executives think but if they do what other execs do around the world - they just try to make their product (FoE) competitive on the market. How do corporations do it? By replicating what other companies have done and succeeded. Never, ever, ever by making risky, fresh, innovative decisions themselves.
Only penniless gaming startups can afford to be innovative. And if they succeed - Inno will buy the idea from them.

I am guessing someone in InnoGames saw this tower feature being successful somewhere else. So they decided to replicate the idea. Problem is they made a brainless moron in charge of this process. We see the result.
Nobody will risk $190 mln annually business to experiment with unproven ideas coming from random forum talkers who have no industry experience and no credibility to but behind their words.

You can talk here to your heart content if it pleases you, but do not expect anyone in Inno will ever act on it. At least not when it comes to major changes that prolly require higher management level approvals and and take time to obtain.

And nobody will fire the moron who integrated this feature and another moron who approved it prior to launching on beta. Corporate world is full of morons who successfully climb to highest levels of leadership.

The higher ups already approved this tower thingy and it goes live. They have their strategic goals to reach and revenue targets to meet. Your feedback is just a meaningless noise.

The only way to have your voice heard, that I can think of, is to MAYBE reach out to InnoGames parent company - Modern Times Group using social media and tell them what you think...
Foe where already a risk when it cames out full off bugs and not hardly era`s or a thing to do we the players loved the fighting in it so that way FoE get bigger and bigger now they get out the game what it made great we dont want a game thats just like 10 thousend others we love F0E.
IM not in buseniss english noth my bird language but when they proceed the income will drop i ges 2/3 players will no langer spend money or leave the game abandened.Even for that amount off money there a lot better click click clik brainless games.
I spend around 40 to 60 Euro a year on the game why dont need a thing mostly i bought pieces te extent the town or place quick building on battle ground
but never and never i will spend a diamond for fighthing also i love FoE ( old way ) and think yeh a company dont work for nothing and see it more as a support for those who created the game split by 12 it comes around 4 - 5 euro a month for all the joy i got from the game.
And i think many do it that way or think the same its simple no money no foe i understand that part.and whats 50 euro a year there lots of games to buy and you pay 60 euro and dump the game after 8-9 months foe lovers play years and years.

So is it a point about income why dont they use some sort off membership and give them some advances over those who arent.
Many game companies use that tactics when inno works that way we all will understand it nothing is for free in the world.
But it is also a way to keep things under control member no member game play can be the same many many ways to give a pay member some advances.

SO my point off view FoE gamers love the old way get the new as an extra no proplem but a company must never forget what made them great
loyalty got limits........... when reached............ so long foe thats whats happening now.

Last edited:

Queen Amaria

Steward
We are expecting further changes please be patient and allow these changes to take place. The feature was only released a week ago and we are expecting changes.
You have only made it worse so far and completely ignore the feedback. Nobody wanted more diamond trials or more of such futile battles.
I don't think this extremely bad feature will improve as it runs. The feature is far too bad for a few small fixes.
Can Inno simply not delete it again and develop a concept in peace?

Show it to us again in a few months, with a sensible PvP system.
There is no pressure to change it quickly. But it makes players angry when they have something in the city that doesn't make sense and only destroys units.

aragon82

Merchant
this match-making sucks... are there so much inactive players on beta you cant fit the active ones in a proper shape?

well... not only always SAAB opponents on hard(which is kinda fun...better impossible... with stealth-tanks)
seems my performance was "good" enough to get: SAAB(hard) OF(medium) AF(easy) now
hopefully the AF guy is not having any real defense up

you want people to spend more diamonds for buying more trys? well ok, what about a swap-enemy button too?
...of course after getting the match-making to work properly and show some serious rewards besides battle-points for our effort

The Lady Ann

Baronet
well I have pulled my army out,

it's ridiculous, I only ever get offered the same 3/4 players that I would be able to beat and it's 90% of the time it's an easy fight,

at the time of withdrawing I am placed #1567 having used all free tokens as soon as one becomes available (except last night when the bar filled while I slept)

I have given it plenty of time to settle down, what an absolute utter turd of a feature

Last edited:

DeletedUser9056

The entire new PvP setup pure B.S. There is no reason that a Future player should only have choices of fights again either SAAB armies or High Middle ages.
ALL battle setups should be equitable and within 1 age +/- of the player's current age. The only difference being the amount of attack/defense.
It is so lopsided towards higher aged players.
And why should lower aged players get attacked by higher aged players and lose points just for existing.

And where did all the medals go? It is sometimes the only way for a lower aged player to earn extensions. (PvP Towers)
PvP towers are now obsolete for any positive effect.
I for one, will not be wasting time or diamonds for this ill-thought up concept.

I think if you review all of the comments above, no one outside the top-50 players in a given world will find this new Replacement is anything but disastrous.

I still "try" to not give up believing Inno is really working on a big brainstorm to bring up something so we all can say that this PvP Arena IS worth it's name !!
Hope supprizing great changes will appear from all given suggestions I've read so far here on beta forum !
Still HOPE and I try not to start being too negative or doom-thinking ... I really try it hard !

DeletedUser10110

i tried believing that they listened and understood and went to work for years and had to give up.

Look at any feedback they get, SAAB era for example or GbG have all caused mass disappointed feedback, this forum is more for report a bug feedback rather than 'we care for your opinions'. And where are the paid employees? They dont appear to the public, and they're actually accountable rather than volunteers that put things on a list to be ignored.

Check out some of the live Q&A's with the Devs, you get the impression this game would have a good compitant team of people running it, then two people sit down, one will be soley responsible for events but doesnt even know the name of previous events and buildings or blatently even play the game so any feedback isnt even understood and another soley responsible for new era's who is blatently so passionate about his own story board that any feedback is washed off...because he's right, end of.

I'm not normally one for championing Chief Execs having to lose their job because of the failure of staff to deliver, but in this instance, the team delivering this game from management to senior paid developers is insufficient, weak, lack any form of passion from the players POV, under staffed and disorganised, and that responsibility lands at the top.

The initial concept of this game was genius, and investment was good years back to monopolise on it, and now tailing off to end of life care. Well all these years Inno and other games companies keep trying to replocate a success as big as FoE was and fail, this game is not dead, its dying due to incompitent management, and if that management believe they will invent a game just as good and profitable to replace it then they dont look in the mirror enough and say 'we were just lucky'.

This idea, and i can almost guarantee the next era since the same person that did SAAB is doing it need scrapping off, executive management sacking, a fresh team to review their business model and do things right, because they dont have another FoE, just other junk games that are a poor copy like those that china chucks on to the app stores at hundreds a week.

In short...this junk is another nail in the coffin, how they handle all this feedback will be another, and the final nail isnt far off if they dont wisen up

shad2389

Viceroy
for example or GbG have all caused mass disappointed feedback,
i think this new PVP will cause riot if it's implemented like this and i feel feedback is a lot worst for the pvp then it was for GBG
if they are to change something in game they should at least invent something beter then the thing in game they want to change , this new pvp is worst then the one we had

Last edited:

bromtor

Squire
Sorry guys try to play again at beta but the lust is gone without the towers i normally fight for its to boring, even some guild members are gonne quit
Even Guild expeditions now boring al the competition gone i normally fight oceanic, arctic ,futere, tomorrow, contemporary , post modern and when possible modern.
Without the old pvp now senseless to do i liked it always when im on the first page off the towers see it like graffetti wanne have my name at the first 10 at least.

A true PvP feature should probably include a ladder system within your era only, where you need to attack the person above you in order to advance. Losing would drop you down. There are a number of ladder advancement systems out there that FoE could adapt to work with the current game mechanisms.

One possibility would include starting every week with everyone starting over, except the current winner who would be the only person on the ladder at the start. Then the next person faces them and wins and advances to first, or loses and drops to second. Next player attacks the new second, and so on and so forth. Manual or Auto battle allowed, all applicable combat GB's, and no limit on the number of battles (unless you are currently in first).

To me, something like the above is what a PvP tournament would be. King of the Hill battle systems are all the rage because people love them, not the POS type of system that is being pushed here on beta.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Here is my situation this evening: the 3 adversaries which are proposed to me and the list of the last fights. (as a reminder on beta I'm in LMA)
ACtC-3cfItkg53zpNkPZZu4Bk3WRwcv07n3gQsZ9mDQRzMjf_SxkUdSg6p1S0HTq6EAfnJb6t_cM4WlBv35JOXkRi7_rj_Nl9CR5tviYG2ldGfHHNRXl-kUOY2Vk3-SVIHWn12OUAMhetgPDSDUcLnTg4Mwi=w1015-h829-no

The novelty: I will be able to spray Prom, it will make a vacation to coolyfooly!

DeletedUser9056

I could understand adding this as a new feature in addition to old PvP. Call it something else.
We already have GBG which is more than adequate for battles and more equitable in battling only units on your age level.
It is stupid for an FE player to have to battle SAAB players in their lineup, or even HMA.
It would make more sense against the neighborhood since you are limited in the number of battles per day anyway.

DeletedUser9056

i think this new PVP will cause riot if it's implemented like this
I think there will be a mass exodus greater than the likes of which INNO has ever seen.
They are already on the firing line for their lame rewards in the last 2 years.
It used to be you could win one or more diamond buildings per event, but now it is all garbage.
Even GE is getting lame with the rewards.
It is no longer a strategy game, they took that away with the forced AI functions,
and now a little more than a Vegas one-armed bandit with its hand out for diamond purchases for the slightest thing.
I have been spending $40-$75 a month, but Doth Quote the Raven....
Just think, they though this feature would generate revenue, but instead they will lose revenue on everything else because people are that disgusted.

Here is my situation this evening: the 3 adversaries which are proposed to me and the list of the last fights. (as a reminder on beta I'm in LMA)
ACtC-3cfItkg53zpNkPZZu4Bk3WRwcv07n3gQsZ9mDQRzMjf_SxkUdSg6p1S0HTq6EAfnJb6t_cM4WlBv35JOXkRi7_rj_Nl9CR5tviYG2ldGfHHNRXl-kUOY2Vk3-SVIHWn12OUAMhetgPDSDUcLnTg4Mwi=w1015-h829-no

The novelty: I will be able to spray Prom, it will make a vacation to coolyfooly!
Hm, you're not in my combat log either.
Funny thing, I've noticed that I'll get attacked a bunch of times right at the start of the day in quick succession. Then not even once for the rest of the day. Wondering how many fights this broken system is hiding.

I still "beat" you :p
1595364319839.png

The Lady Ann

Baronet
Currently, you can lose points for the first 5 fights of the day. After that, your attacker will gain points but it will not appear on your log as you will not lose further points. This is likely what is happening in this case.

Sorry but WHAT!!!!! that makes no sense at all, and not having a go at you at all Dudettas, and what a thankless task you have at the moment, :(

please, please, please take their Koolaid away from them, jeeps what a mess