• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

sirblu

Baronet
If everything resets back to 6,000 or those higher lose 10% of their score every week. What on earth is the point to all this frustration? Please give us back the towers so the rest of us can be happy and those who love this new thing can be happy also

qaccy

Emperor
This feature should never make it out of beta. mmkay? The developers have a riot on their hands and they need to hear it.
That's the thing. Do people here actually think that this is moving to the live servers any time soon? Look at how long it took the GE changes to move from beta to live and that was just adjusting an existing feature compared to adding an entirely new one.

People still provide feedback here as though this is a live server, forgetting that this is actually a testing environment. I'm not backing down from that perspective because there's clear evidence that's the case.

mamita

Farmer
j'ai retiré mon armée JcJ et si tous les mécontents comprennent pareil, le support verrait plus efficacement qu'il sont dans l'erreur car il n'y aurait plus personne pour jouer le jeu

Moderator note to the poster - please add an English translation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
We are expecting further changes please be patient and allow these changes to take place. The feature was only released a week ago and we are expecting changes.

bromtor

Squire
j'ai retiré mon armée JcJ et si tous les mécontents comprennent pareil, le support verrait plus efficacement qu'il sont dans l'erreur car il n'y aurait plus personne pour jouer le jeu

Moderator note to the poster - please add an English translation.
I have withdrawn my PvP army and if all the dissatisfied understand the same, the support would see more effectively that they are in error because there would be no one left to play the game

shad2389

Viceroy
[QUOTE="Dudettas
This is still in test and changes are still being made, it is still far too early on in testing. Please wait a little longer for the changes to be made and remember it has only been in test for a week. This thread will be locked as there is still an active feedback thread.
[/QUOTE] hope they have important changes coming cause you'll re-see that poll appear eventually if they don't change it enough for your player base to like it ( PVP )

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Poll cencored it was 83 % want old pvp back and 16 % want the new say enough.

Well I mean there should've been a 3rd option: "don't care for either". I'm not missing "old pvp towers". I don't mind that they were wiped off the face of the earth. I don't care for the new feature any more than I did for the old either though. And I say this as a player that would like a real motivation to pvp on an individual basis.

The problems with old towers:
- their "reward" was inconsequential (as someone who regularly wins those towers, I certainly wasn't *trying* to win those towers - i was just fighting more than anyone else for other reasons.
- it mostly counts who's doing the most GvG (or now GBG) using units of the age. i.e. it's Volume over Quality.

The problems with new towers:
- their "reward" is still inconsequential - it includes some non-medals now sure. But 1 person on the entire server has 20% chance of 100 diamonds. Let's climb over the bodies for one person to have an EV of less diamonds than a casual week of GE!
- even if the first place reward was consequential it's not something a low age player has any reasonable shot at. given that they're placed somewhere in the 1000-3000 category, trying super-hard and moving up to say 500-1000 offers an improvement of 7 whole medals in LMA. That's hardly a reason to do more than "minimum to be considered active" (which by the way they need to show). For that matter is there even a motivation to do the minimum to be considered active? I got 1 unit, 21 medals, and an item that antique dealers for 160 trade coins
- autobattle greatly reduces any impact skill might have. combination of autobattle and hidden armies makes it next-to-impossible as you can neither control your army to make up for its weaknesses nor tune your army to specifically target the defense you have to autobattle. Throw in the most general army you can and hope for the best.
- they're matching people up so far out-of-age that it's frustrating for lower age players and boring for higher age players. this being week 2 it doesn't seem to be getting better with any significant speed. there's a sufficient volume of high age players that aren't really trying (who can blame them) that it seems likely there will always be a critical mass of low-ranked high-age players removing any choice low age players have in the process

DeletedUser8168

I got more medals than 770 this in the win of the the first 7 towers or any one of the towers above that my weekly was over 5000 each and every week and that wasn't even trying to be top dog ............I just fought in each tower from iron to Oceanic and liked being on the top 10 of each ....>>>>>>>>>>>>>now I get 660000 supplies for just one daily quest each day
>>>>>>>> and are they kidding ....one ...... troop I get that completing 4 of the first encounters of GE and
this was for the effort to chase an attempt every four hours and hitting a auto battle were I seemed to loss more troops and get more injuries than I ever did when it was me placing and using troops ....so this is a no go for me from this point forwards

Aether7

Farmer
That's the thing. Do people here actually think that this is moving to the live servers any time soon? Look at how long it took the GE changes to move from beta to live and that was just adjusting an existing feature compared to adding an entirely new one.

People still provide feedback here as though this is a live server, forgetting that this is actually a testing environment. I'm not backing down from that perspective because there's clear evidence that's the case.

I think it was a big mistake announcing this as an upcoming feature on the live servers... shows that they fully intend to push this through in some form regardless of the feedback here. Doesn't matter if its some time off... should never go live.

Yes, this is a testing environment and its where they need to see the feedback. But once anything hits the live servers, they are pretty much done with it except for minor bug fixes and wont listen to further feedback. If they will bring back the old towers and test this along side them, then they may start getting some more constructive response.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
We are expecting further changes please be patient and allow these changes to take place. The feature was only released a week ago and we are expecting changes.
I really think that you guys are missing the point.
Do we all want to be limited to only 12 battles per day without spending diamonds - er - no
Do we want to have absolutely no control over the opposition that we fight - again - no
Do we want to be limited to auto battle only - again - no
Do we want the GBs that we have worked so hard to grow to be excluded from PvP and therefore devalued - again - no
Do we want a competition that is set up so that if we go on holiday or are unable to get on line for a few days, it is virtually impossible to recover from - of course not.
Do we want a schedule of prizes that are so low that even being No1 will make little or no difference to any player who has completed bronze age - obviously not.
The above are all fundamental aspects of the new PvP and they do not make for an engaging or fair competition.
The really worrying thing is that someone somewhere in Inno thought that all of the above were good ideas and ready to release on the test server. It is probably time for the game development team to engage with a select pool of regular and experienced players of all game ages before wasting goodness knows how much time developing major changes of this nature. After all, it is us who choose to play the game and our money that you are chasing. Maybe a little targeted consultation would be of mutual benefit to all.

DeletedUser8354

I have 3 choices in the PVP tower, all are from my guild. No 1 is #1 in the ranks. If I hit him I don't get not somebody else but him again... I don't want to fight against players from my own guild, even if I could win against them easily...
The rewards were medals before and now they are a bit better. but still no use spend diamonds to get a better rank (5 attemps cost 250d), maximum you could win are 100d...
I guess I will simply ignore this PVP tower....

DeletedUser9666

The really worrying thing is that someone somewhere in Inno thought that all of the above were good ideas and ready to release on the test server. It is probably time for the game development team to engage with a select pool of regular and experienced players of all game ages before wasting goodness knows how much time developing major changes of this nature. After all, it is us who choose to play the game and our money that you are chasing. Maybe a little targeted consultation would be of mutual benefit to all.

Lol.
Sir, you are ahead of your time with your ideas.

InnoGames is a $190 mln business. I do not know what their executives think but if they do what other execs do around the world - they just try to make their product (FoE) competitive on the market. How do corporations do it? By replicating what other companies have done and succeeded. Never, ever, ever by making risky, fresh, innovative decisions themselves.
Only penniless gaming startups can afford to be innovative. And if they succeed - Inno will buy the idea from them.

I am guessing someone in InnoGames saw this tower feature being successful somewhere else. So they decided to replicate the idea. Problem is they made a brainless moron in charge of this process. We see the result.
Nobody will risk $190 mln annually business to experiment with unproven ideas coming from random forum talkers who have no industry experience and no credibility to but behind their words.

You can talk here to your heart content if it pleases you, but do not expect anyone in Inno will ever act on it. At least not when it comes to major changes that prolly require higher management level approvals and and take time to obtain.

And nobody will fire the moron who integrated this feature and another moron who approved it prior to launching on beta. Corporate world is full of morons who successfully climb to highest levels of leadership.

The higher ups already approved this tower thingy and it goes live. They have their strategic goals to reach and revenue targets to meet. Your feedback is just a meaningless noise.

The only way to have your voice heard, that I can think of, is to MAYBE reach out to InnoGames parent company - Modern Times Group using social media and tell them what you think...

Fenix

Viceroy
Lol.
Sir, you are ahead of your time with your ideas.

InnoGames is a $190 mln business. I do not know what their executives think but if they do what other execs do around the world - they just try to make their product (FoE) competitive on the market. How do corporations do it? By replicating what other companies have done and succeeded. Never, ever, ever by making risky, fresh, innovative decisions themselves.
Only penniless gaming startups can afford to be innovative. And if they succeed - Inno will buy the idea from them.

I am guessing someone in InnoGames saw this tower feature being successful somewhere else. So they decided to replicate the idea. Problem is they made a brainless moron in charge of this process. We see the result.
Nobody will risk $190 mln annually business to experiment with unproven ideas coming from random forum talkers who have no industry experience and no credibility to but behind their words.

You can talk here to your heart content if it pleases you, but do not expect anyone in Inno will ever act on it. At least not when it comes to major changes that prolly require higher management level approvals and and take time to obtain.

And nobody will fire the moron who integrated this feature and another moron who approved it prior to launching on beta. Corporate world is full of morons who successfully climb to highest levels of leadership.

The higher ups already approved this tower thingy and it goes live. They have their strategic goals to reach and revenue targets to meet. Your feedback is just a meaningless noise.

The only way to have your voice heard, that I can think of, is to MAYBE reach out to InnoGames parent company - Modern Times Group using social media and tell them what you think...

You might be right, but this time this is so bad that if it is implemented in live they might have to deal with the consequences (I hope, at least)...