• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

shad2389

Viceroy
You got to be kidding with this crap. Most times auto leans in favor of the opposing side and now you can't even see whats going on. Inno has come up with some bad ideas but this one is by far the worse. I won't and I encourage everyone else to leave this one on the shelf to collect dust.
worst idea since they had that thing where you watched adds to get stuff lol and that did not last long

bromtor

Squire
You got to be kidding with this crap. Most times auto leans in favor of the opposing side and now you can't even see whats going on. Inno has come up with some bad ideas but this one is by far the worse. I won't and I encourage everyone else to leave this one on the shelf to collect dust.
Already done will never look at it again so boring.

sirblu

Baronet
New Harbor ( cosmetic ) , new guild expeditions ( cosmetic ) , new pvp arena ( cosmetic ) , new massage system ( crap makes me crazy keeps on flashing you have a message ) no every time i look nothing.

we loose pvp, we loose fun , we get bored , we are almost forced to spend diamonds , WE ARE ANGRY.

When people do there work good programming instead of cosmetic designing this game can last for many many years but at the state it is now so BORING.
This is FoE Forge Off Empires a tactics war game not a fancy world like Elvenar.
Agreed, I have been playing for years and what originally made this game a pleasure to stay with, INNO is gradually taking away. If they wanted just another Diamond grab, then why not bring back the ability to self-motivate our buildings using Diamonds? I know I spent a lot on diamonds when we were able to do this - now most bldg just go unmotivated since the self motivating kits are nearly impossible to come by.

1BFA

Viceroy
Before we have weekly champions by hood and era.

What is the new setup?
Is it like champion per server?
or
Is it like some nnnn random players per server?
or something else?

If in the new setup there will be only 1 champion per server, on most servers will the champions will always be someone from the top era... in the old way even an hma age player could attack his hood and get motivation to play/fight more. How will a low era player get the same in the new setup? Will a HMA age player ever ever ever be champion of the week? Will he not face any SaaB players when this goes live?

Dessire

Regent
Yes, I vote + 1 for this and I already did a suggestion earlier on going for this option ! ;)
It wil be for sure more "fair" ! And without rogues, because early middle age players probably don't have (enough) rogues and no Alcatraz ...
Go for it Inno and please let us know "something" here ... something new, special, suprise us with a great improvement for the PvP Arena !
Due to the AI vs AI, this would be the best option. the only thing: AO, Zeus, CoA, CdM, and TA skills should work for these special units.

I think I have found the solution, I put a spearfighter in defense ... and I attack with a spearfighter ... so that I do not block troops in defense, I make the number of arena fights necessary to not be kick out ... I will ultimately win the most shabby prize (6 medals + the bonus chest) but I control my gains and losses. (30x25 gold + 30x25 goods)
And I found myself a goal (not that simple) to make the score as low as possible in a week. I hit difficult fight and it works! I take myself -200 every time. We will see if we can have a negative score ... (30 * -200 over a week it is playable) with a little luck I will fall on an overflow and go number 1 in the ranking: p
With that if I have calculated correctly I come back in my expenses and I even make myself a small profit. (Now I just have to determine the number of "fights" to do to not get me out of the arena to optimize my losses in spearfighter)
To stupid system, stupid answer
9icd.jpg

Praeceptor

Marquis
I think I have found the solution, I put a spearfighter in defense ... and I attack with a spearfighter ... so that I do not block troops in defense, I make the number of arena fights necessary to not be kick out ... I will ultimately win the most shabby prize (6 medals + the bonus chest) but I control my gains and losses. (30x25 gold + 30x25 goods)
And I found myself a goal (not that simple) to make the score as low as possible in a week. I hit difficult fight and it works! I take myself -200 every time. We will see if we can have a negative score ... (30 * -200 over a week it is playable) with a little luck I will fall on an overflow and go number 1 in the ranking: p
With that if I have calculated correctly I come back in my expenses and I even make myself a small profit. (Now I just have to determine the number of "fights" to do to not get me out of the arena to optimize my losses in spearfighter)
To stupid system, stupid answer

Love it!

I put a rogue in defense in case your spearfighter attacks me! lol.

DeletedUser6242

I feel like this is designed to STOP PLUNDERING because the biggest whinners on this game HAVE ALWAYS HATED the PLUNDERING part of the game ! The PvP Arena is a TOTAL waste of time and the OLD Towers should be brought back into the game, PLUNDERING your neighbors was the MOST FUN part of my game and PvP Arena does NO JUSTICE to it's title "PvP Arena" as it doesnt give enough tries like you had with ALL of your neighbors : )
CHANGE it back to the way the Towers were set up : IF PLUNDERING is the main reason for the change then INNO GOT IT WRONG when they developed this "PvP Arena "
I have played for over 7 years and this is BY FAR the DUMBEST thing you have given the players : NOT an IMPROVEMENT but only a tribute for the WHINNERS that got to be LOUDER as the years went by and CRIED the LOUDEST abbout getting PLUNDERED ! ! !
I hate this ; REALLY HATE IT ! ! !

Praeceptor

Marquis
I feel like this is designed to STOP PLUNDERING because the biggest whinners on this game HAVE ALWAYS HATED the PLUNDERING part of the game ! The PvP Arena is a TOTAL waste of time and the OLD Towers should be brought back into the game, PLUNDERING your neighbors was the MOST FUN part of my game and PvP Arena does NO JUSTICE to it's title "PvP Arena" as it doesnt give enough tries like you had with ALL of your neighbors : )
CHANGE it back to the way the Towers were set up : IF PLUNDERING is the main reason for the change then INNO GOT IT WRONG when they developed this "PvP Arena "
I have played for over 7 years and this is BY FAR the DUMBEST thing you have given the players : NOT an IMPROVEMENT but only a tribute for the WHINNERS that got to be LOUDER as the years went by and CRIED the LOUDEST abbout getting PLUNDERED ! ! !
I hate this ; REALLY HATE IT ! ! !

You can still attack and plunder your neighbours - I intend to do so relentlessly! lol.

maindampfer

Farmer
Great,
if you can fight 3* only in ages that are 3 levels higher (so senseless)...
this morning I was still on place 21 (with diamonds), now unfortunately only on place 98
--this motivates, really absolut wonderful great feature--

In contrast to many others, I find this arena interesting. But as it is now, there are two BIG cons:
* Only automatic battle - in order to win against a difficult opponent you must be able to battle manually
* The matching system does not take player age in consideration. Using manual battle you might be able to succeed against an opponent one or two ages above your own, but not more than that.

If you fix these two issues before hitting the live servers I think this will be a great addition to the game.

LastWarrior

Regent
Manual fighting is too easy usless you change the AI to the map mode.
so thats ok on auto.
yes the opponents need to be a little more close to your own era.

dpghost

Steward
1. Very unfair opponents , really from EMA up to SAAB
2. no manual combat - I can beat a higher age, but need to position my units, hence total disappointment
3. the rewards - laugh - 10 FP for a week, lol

Conclusion - delete it

Seconddream

Merchant
to enter the pvp arena you need to at least assign one defending army. defending units can be exchanged within the pvp arena mangement
How do i do that?

After some searching I found how to place a defense.
This should be more clear in terms of explanation.

Last edited:

mamita

Farmer
ici, maintenant je ne peux pas faire des combats jusqu'à 50 ans sinon ils sont des âges plus élevés que les miens. démotivant, décourageant!

Note du modérateur, veuillez ajouter une traduction en anglais
ici, maintenant je ne peux pas me battre jusqu'à 50 ans sinon ils sont plus âgés que le mien. démotivant, décourageant!

Last edited:
You have to separate the ages. Either with an arena per age or with the matching system. My idea is to separate the matching system and the ranking system:
- the matching system should determine the proposed opponents on a basis which could be: value of the heavy unit of the player's age x the attack bonuses for the attacking player and values of the units put on defense x the defense bonuses for the defender (the values of the units strongly depend on their age as it was the case in the towers' tournament);
- the ranking system gives more or less points depending on the difficulty of the defeated opponent (this is the current ranking).

By separating the system which matches opponents from the one which ranks players, the main problem is eliminated: the mixing of ages. Players of all ages can succeed as well as each other but without crossing paths in the arena.

MerricB

Farmer
I don't mind the idea of it, but with automatic battles, I'd prefer it if we saw the opposition first and had a chance to craft our armies.

Manual + can't see opposition OR Automatic + can see opposition.

I think everyone agrees that the matchmaking is VERY strange at the moment. It's always going to be difficult because just because someone is in the Late Middle Ages doesn't mean that they have LMA units.

Cheers,
Merric