• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Fenix

Viceroy
The joke here, is that they already have a almost perfect way to select 70 good accounts to select the opponents: the formula used to select neighbours. It is so simple!!!! There are easy, medium and difficult fights for the duration of the match.

DeletedUser5232

Dear Inno,
please bring back the strategy aspect to this strategy online game. Once you have experienced the strongest moments of gvg, these new cosmetis and dopamin generators just dont cut it. Chance used to have its say in the old days, too, when you never knew which bug was gonna hit you in gvg and when it would hit your opponent instead. Now, it seems we are expected to hang on pure chance for dopamin kicks of rewards and forget strategy ever existed in this game. The day i leave FoE wont be a sad one, because for me, FoE has been dying painfully for a long time, and the goodbye has already been said. Just wasn't me saying it. Maybe it was for economy reasons, maybe game planners just quit playing their own game. Whatever the reason, Inno said goodbye to me a while back, and in a while my hopes of things ever returning to the path that hooked me to the game will die out too.

And please dont put this down to app players taking over. It cannot be impossible to plan strategy features for app players just like you used to for pc players.

The Babelus

Steward
It seems almost no one likes new PvP arena right now :) Maybe except SAAB/SAM players :)
Maybe he deservers reward for very fast design but for sure not for good game experience.
And have not idea why is Inno Games trying to e so fast with PvP arena deployment. They have sent also message on live worlds through official message.

We are expecting new GE, it seems it works on Beta, everybody is happy with slightly redesigned pricing model in level 4... Instead we were informed by PvP Arena, which nobody likes on Beta

Last edited by a moderator:
Competitive players want to win and need to be able to measure that. With only one winner for a whole server, the new feature simply does not provide the required stimulus. On beta I am already bored after just a few days.
That is the biggest point. The new feature is boring because there's nothing to do except clicking and nothing to get. The rewards aren't interesting and we lose the pleasure of being the champion of the neighbourhood. We can't even play the fight.

bromtor

Squire
sans combat manuel ce n'est pas intéressant, l'automatique est le meilleur moyen d'être massacré par des plus forts
être massacré par des joueurs avec 0% de défense et d'attaque est ennuyeux et nul

Moderator note - please add a translation to your post.
without manual combat it is not interesting, the automatic is the best way to be massacred by stronger
being massacred by players with 0% defense and attack is boring and nil

DeletedUser5936

Just when I thought this could not possibly get any worse, it does.

I checked some of the recent screenshots of opponents from different ages, and noticed something peculiar. The same names keep popping up, and not just for one poster.

Fought Toledus and Burn90 two times each.
Fought Toledus two times.
Offered le hussard to fight.
Offered moideux to fight.
Offered sophie02 to fight.
Offered sophie02 to fight.
Offered roselys to fight.

And I have personally fought Burn90 and I am being offered roselys right now.

Get the picture? Notice how moideux, le hussard and sophie02 are all in the top ten, while Toledus and Burn90 are punching bags? These players are being constantly matched against everyone. Some players benefit from being constantly attacked and winning, while others keep losing. And in the meantime, I have not been attacked even once. And it is not because I was too strong, one mean glance from a space age player would annihilate my industrial army.

This is not random. Whatever algorithm is being used to select opponents keeps picking the same ones over and over, while others see no action at all. As if having everyone in the same tournament was not bad enough.

Aurora

Farmer
Nice little feature. I like it, because it´s very easy to handle especially to fight automatically. :) But I think it´s not very attractive to play because of the rewards. Innogames should make this PvP tool to the "new neighborhood" for the players: Without plundering (this function should be deleted) but with a real chance to win Forgepoints, goods, diamonds and so on (in a similar way as the Guild Battlegrounds) and maybe with more fitting opponents.

Cleitomachus

Marquis
If you have a hard time imagining why they invented the PVP Arena and what is the real reason, look at the table below how many medals shared at PVP Towers and think about the following:
The Beta world consists of 45,056 players.
If we divide it by 75, it makes about 600 neighborhoods.
Calculate now, starting with the SAAB neighborhoods. The top 10 players shared 31,520 medals in each neighborhood with the PVP tournament. Now they only get 1,015 in the Arena.
If the SAAB champion got 9470 medals with the Towers and now only gets 245 in the Arena, what else does one need to say?
Something similar happens in all other Ages...
Do you understand now why they want to remove the Towers? To have fewer medals won by the players (whatever that may mean).
The rest that is said, is ashes in the eyes...

Medals on PVP tournament.jpg

Last edited:

bromtor

Squire
High era`s dont even need medals for what pieces off land most off them got al the medal pieces such a crap admit its a failer and place or game back not such a click click click click click click click click and morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee click cllik
sorry mu english poor i dont care im pissed off they destroyed or game the game we made great a game of tactics

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a hard time imagining why they invented the PVP Arena and what is the real reason, look at the table below how many medals shared at PVP Towers and think about the following:
The Beta world consists of 45,056 players.
If we divide it by 75, it makes about 600 neighborhoods.
Calculate now, starting with the SAAB neighborhoods. The top 10 players shared 31,520 medals in each neighborhood with the PVP tournament. Now they only get 1,015 in the Arena.
If the SAAB champion got 9470 medals with the Towers and now only gets 245 in the Arena, what else does one need to say?
Something similar happens in all other Ages...
Do you understand now why they want to remove the Towers? To have fewer medals won by the players (whatever that may mean).
The rest that is said, is ashes in the eyes...

View attachment 5729
This is nonsense. A single player leveling one high-era GB once generates more medals than all spots of all PvP towers of a neighborhood combined. Not even mentioning that the large majority of neighborhoods won't even have access to high-era towers.
Developing an entirely new feature replacing PvP towers to reduce the number of medals would be a massive waste of effort, because only a negligible fraction of medals are generated there.

I do have a constructive suggestion. Each unit of the game has a defined value (which was used in the old system to calculate the points). Assessing the difficulty could be easy: the attacker could have a value (for example: value of the heavy unit of his age x his two attacking army bonuses), the defender could have a value (value of the units of his defense army x his two defense army bonuses) and then, the game could propose easy / medium / difficult opponents who'd make sense. The reward ranking would then be consistent: a player who succeeds in defeating supposedly better opponents would be ranked high, whatever his age, a player content with easy victories would be ranked poorly, whatever his age.

DeletedUser10002

I am in colonial era and I am being matched up with players from SAMAB with over 400% defense factor.
Not very matched up, right?

Cleitomachus

Marquis
This is nonsense. A single player leveling one high-era GB once generates more medals than all spots of all PvP towers of a neighborhood combined. Not even mentioning that the large majority of neighborhoods won't even have access to high-era towers.
Developing an entirely new feature replacing PvP towers to reduce the number of medals would be a massive waste of effort, because only a negligible fraction of medals are generated there.
It is good to understand what I am saying ... The comparison is made between Towers and Arena, in terms of medal rewards. Nothing else... Is there any mistake in the numbers? That's the point!

bromtor

Squire
New Harbor ( cosmetic ) , new guild expeditions ( cosmetic ) , new pvp arena ( cosmetic ) , new massage system ( crap makes me crazy keeps on flashing you have a message ) no every time i look nothing.

we loose pvp, we loose fun , we get bored , we are almost forced to spend diamonds , WE ARE ANGRY.

When people do there work good programming instead of cosmetic designing this game can last for many many years but at the state it is now so BORING.
This is FoE Forge Off Empires a tactics war game not a fancy world like Elvenar.

Last edited: