• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Praeceptor

Marquis
I can guess what's going to happen (if anything).

They will change things so you will only fight players/npcs of a similar era, and up the rewards a tiny amount then claim they've "listened to your feedback".

All the other garbage that makes up this so called improvement will remain and they'll get on with designing another way to ruin the game.

I'm getting so sick of this.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
there would be a real competition by seeing the adversaries and if there were the same level of difficulty for all.
Imaginary but properly defined opponents would be fairer than real players who cannot be paired according to their actual defense levels.
Against equivalent defenses, the choice of attack units and presence (number of combats carried out) would be decisive for the result. The ideal would be to take losses into account to calculate the number of points earned.
----
And I wonder about the objective?
Why a new PvP if the fighting against the neighbors remains?
6 more fights per day bring nothing, there are already enough (GB - GE - GvG, ....).

A single PvP is enough, if a new one is needed then the fights against the neighbors must be suppressed. The new could for example put the 75 neighbors in the arena who attack the same NPCs (so 1 arena per neighborhood)

Rakanu

Farmer
I'm a real PvP player in another MMORPG where you actually fight against REAL PEOPLE (not some game generated AI). Decisions are made in split seconds either over Discord or in game voice chat. This is NOT PvP and the fact they call it PvP actually disgusts me and is more of a slap in the face of real PvP players. This is AI vs AI and the AI in this game is no where near what it should be.

All I see is another attempt at Inno to make money. I had expected that you would choose a online player to play against, choose your Army and then manually fight them and the best man wins (like a chess game per se).

LordVaderIII

Marquis
Maybe it's because we're on Beta but I never get a chance to earn 200 rank points because I'm in The Future and the people first on my list available to attack are always in Space Age Mars or Asteroid.

I did 11 fights and only fought two real players because, almost every time, real players are in much higher eras so I can't even dream of winning against them. So, in this so-called "PvP Arena", I fight almost only NPC. :confused:

For my next fight, I'm happy, I do have a real choice between two opponents :
- the "medium" one: real player, EMA, 0% and 0%;
- the "easy" one: NPC, Colonial era, 3% and 3%.
How is it possible that the "medium" one is in a lower era and with less bonus than the "easy" one? How is it possible that I have sometimes a SAAB medium opponent and other times a EMA medium opponent? I'm in Colonial era and my best units are also Colonial.

Did Inno really think that matching the players without looking at their bonuses and their eras (or the eras of their armies) would be a great idea? What is the thinking behind this feature? Is there a thinking?

I just fought the "medium" opponent: his army was one and only light EMA unit. For the matching, It is clear that the Arena doesn't care about the era, the strength, nor the bonuses of the army, nor the era of the player. It is so dumb! I really can't understand how Inno could do that and put the announcement on every server.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Aside from the questionable desirability of this so called improvement, it is fundamentally floored with regards to matching. From my own limited experience and viewing several of the screen shots pasted here, the same couple of players are always listed as the "hard" option. Therefore, by doing nothing, they accumulate a large number of points because with auto, it is virtually impossible to beat them and they therefore gain 200 points per attempt. I Know that I can beat both guys and have done in the past using manual but with auto only, it is a waste of time. Additionally it would seem that there can now only be 1 winner for the whole server whereas before there was a winner for each age in every neighborhood. With the grand prize being 100 diamonds per week, I do not see too many players spending reall cash trying to land that one - lol

Emberguard

Emperor
I may have missed it, in case someone asked it before...
If I am staying in Iron Age, does that mean all my "Battle Points" from fighting Neighbors, GE, GvG. Provinces, etc. are lost, now that there are no towers anymore?
Not "lost", just one less use. Ranking points are battle points / 50

mamita

Farmer
J'ai essayé, pour voir, un combat contre un astéroïde (je suis en poste moderne) et .... j'ai perdu 200 points dans le classement et .... le suivant est toujours en astéroïdes est ce moqueur petit et favorise le grand !!!

Je boycotterai si ça reste comme ça!

OmegaLee

Steward
If I fight in my hood I should mostly get people at MY age. The tournament needs to work the same way. Without that, it isn't a competition. I could have best stats ever for a HMA player. That won't let me beat SAAB troops. Until this is fixed, no other part of the discussion matter. So far my testing I've hit almost all easy. That is the only slot I've been finding at my level.

bromtor

Squire
FoE needs a new name maybe like this FoS Forge off Stupidity my game fun dropped with 95 % now some other games got very interesthing after 9 years playing seen a lot of changes many where good some mmmm not really but this new arena stupidity is killing my game fun dont think i go on playing when its gonne be releast take some developers who really play this game dont create a second elvenar.

sad sad sad nobody around here will even read it they go one even when they now its stupid to do why keep a beta server we as players dont mean a thing.

Last edited by a moderator: