• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

A quote from a last announcement (called sneak peak to PvP Arena) - included a video you can watch - got message from life server world :
"We'll be soon bringing you an improvement that our developers have been working on for quite some time: The PvP Arena!"

Improvement ? In the video they dare to say this new feature brings more competition ...
The original PvP Tower give me way more satisfaction than this PvP Arena that is not worth be called "Arena" !!
I'm very, very, very disappointed !!
I already saw a few good suggestions and I give suggestions as well yesterday, HOPE the devs READ them all and think this whole PvP completely over !
And if you can't find something better to come with, just bring nothing but our PvP Towers back please !
Thanks for reading.
You need more suggestions?
* why not create a brand new 5 kind of units with special abilities (like by Ancient Egypt) everyone in the world fight with, EMA or SAAB, all the same ! All with NO bonus for attack/defense, just PvP : give all players 16 units of all 5 different special units (who can only be used to form a defending army & attacking army) without any use of rogues, so EMA players who don't already have rogues or an Alcatraz don't get a disadvantage on this. So for everyone the same chances to win !
For the 3 different difficulties :
you give each difficulty another extra bonus in attack/defense, but the attacker always stay at zero bonus, so going to fight (MANUAL!!) a harder one means he/she needs to win from an army with (let's say) +20% to att/def for 2 star battle and +40% att/def for 3 stars battle....
These special units can't be lost, never. So even if a player lost all 8 units in battle, they are replaced in a separate army tab . Wounded units will need a short time to heal (or with just a few diamonds immediately) ...
And with this you can be "creative" with :
you can let increase the att/def bonus each day (or depending on how many battles a player do - a bit like attrition in GBG) .. or you can give as an unique reward a "special" unit that have a extra 'random' skill to let suprize the attacker (or defender) which can be placed on defending army or used to attack, BUT this special unit, if killed, is lost ! But new other special units can be won !

Also add something brand new in the reward chests, like for example : apart from getting 1 special unit once a week, why not a piece of a puzzle to form a picture at your Town Hall's Emissary tab : after all pieces are gathered and you, as player, select this Emissary, it will give 1 special unit a day to fight in the Arena ! (how many pieces? Maybe 9, like with the GB's ? )
So many possibilities .... be creative .... bring something new !
I love the idea of having a PvP Arena, but thinking about an Arena, I immediately get visions with beasts, lions, giants, gladiators, ... such things .... .

Last edited:

ThForth99

Farmer
I may have missed it, in case someone asked it before...
If I am staying in Iron Age, does that mean all my "Battle Points" from fighting Neighbors, GE, GvG. Provinces, etc. are lost, now that there are no towers anymore?

Last edited:

Arwaren

Squire
I have a feeling that the creators did not play in this game.
A player in GBG can get a chance to get forge points every fight and here whether you are the first or one hundred and fifty-fourth, you still have a 20% chance to get 10 forge points every week. I don't know who set these awards in the arena. The rewards have to be improved

Thunderbummy

Marquis
What is with resetting yesterdays points back to 6K but not changing the number of battles available? I assume that this means that yesterdays progress is totally wasted and I don't even have the benefit of a full battle schedule for the restart. Becoming ever more farcical. Does anyone in the dev team actually understand what they are doing?

Worth it? Please, be honest, at Your Era you're in ... I strongly believe you can get a lot more fp's and units from all things in your city ! And do you still need more medals ? I know (you're on my friendlist ) you're in Future Era and you've an Arc L80 ! You get way more extra fp's having that Arc L80 and medals you probably are swimming in !
That 1 unit is "ok" when you just reached a new Era and can use each and every extra unit ! Only then it's nice and don't forget :
you just got this reward now after 1 day (don't know why Inno let re-start the whole thing ?), but imagine you played for 1 full week for a reward like that? Totally not worth it, even if the reward give 50 fp's or more, still not worth it ! They've to come with something UNIQUE !!

Paulikater

Farmer
I´m a bit puzzled, read we have a start score of 6000, fine.
Did my fights yesterday - all won - and got expected score of 6500 on the end of day.
But now - overnight and after another some successful fights that should give me another 250, my score is down to 6250 as if it has been reset to 6000 again. Is that correct or a bug ? You see in the screenshots I should have no loss by defeat from other people´s attacks overnight according to log ...

Attachments

• arena01.png
    arena01.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 21
  • arena02.png
    arena02.png
    241.5 KB · Views: 21

mamita

Farmer
Je suis en poste moderne et je dois combattre un astéroïde si je veux les 200 points?
autant dire que ce seront toujours les plus avancés qui gagneront, ce n'est pas juste pour une fois ^^

I did 11 fights and only fought two real players because, almost every time, real players are in much higher eras so I can't even dream of winning against them. So, in this so-called "PvP Arena", I fight almost only NPC. :confused:

For my next fight, I'm happy, I do have a real choice between two opponents :
- the "medium" one: real player, EMA, 0% and 0%;
- the "easy" one: NPC, Colonial era, 3% and 3%.
How is it possible that the "medium" one is in a lower era and with less bonus than the "easy" one? How is it possible that I have sometimes a SAAB medium opponent and other times a EMA medium opponent? I'm in Colonial era and my best units are also Colonial.

Did Inno really think that matching the players without looking at their bonuses and their eras (or the eras of their armies) would be a great idea? What is the thinking behind this feature? Is there a thinking?

StGerolf

Farmer
This is not an improvement, in the previous version I was once champion in the bronze era. Partly because there were not so many at that time, partly because I fought a lot. In the iron era, I choose to fight a little bit more to end well.
Now I have to "fight" people from a few era above me, so no change. I cant choose to fight more like I did in the iron era. I have to click and wait, which is not fighting, it is only losing troops. This is absolutly worhtless in the present form. It is way less actif then the one in game, it has no appeal, and if you want to end high, the rewards are not worth the effort.

Tresco

Farmer
One of the problem I see with the new PvP tournament is that if you are a lower aged player with no Traz fighting units
are not in a great abundance and you have to tie up 16 units now, 8 for city defence and 8 for the PvP event, it doesn't
leave much to actually fight with especially as GE has just restarted today so unfortunately the logistics rule me out of
competing atm without going into all the other issues that are mentioned above.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Worth it? Please, be honest, at Your Era you're in ... I strongly believe you can get a lot more fp's and units from all things in your city ! And do you still need more medals ? I know (you're on my friendlist ) you're in Future Era and you've an Arc L80 ! You get way more extra fp's having that Arc L80 and medals you probably are swimming in !
That 1 unit is "ok" when you just reached a new Era and can use each and every extra unit ! Only then it's nice and don't forget :
you just got this reward now after 1 day (don't know why Inno let re-start the whole thing ?), but imagine you played for 1 full week for a reward like that? Totally not worth it, even if the reward give 50 fp's or more, still not worth it ! They've to come with something UNIQUE !!
I mean at being # 928, that's a high number, far away from being # 1 or even i top 10 or top 100.
We did not get a week to fight in så I think it will be different after a week

DeletedUser5936

More problems...

I had missed the part in the announcement where it said we could have NPCs to fight. Looking at the screenshots, it seems the third opponent worth 50 points is always an NPC, and also the only one of my age. So, I can't fight any actual players in the PvP tower?

Also, I noticed the tower tournament ended. Lots of people seem confused about their scores being reset, because the game gives no message whatsoever about the tournament ending. I had to look for it in the message center, where I found out that I was "inactive" and received no reward, despite fighting only a few hours earlier. So you don't even get any reward for participating?

Just bring back the old towers, and discard this idea. The only part of this feature that is any good is the tower graphic, which you could use as a shortcut to access the old towers. Everything else is so bad that no amount of improvement could ever make it work.

But of course, InnoGames will not listen, like they never do. No matter how much everyone hates this, it is coming.

I think the rewards are rubbish and not worth the effort.

My suggestion : Create a building only for PvP players
Add the chance to win some fragments of this building to the big crate

And ofcourse it needs a change of the battles. A early middle age cant play against a mars age !!

The "last" page is page 104 with people way above my score, the first page displays people with my same score if I hit the double arrow back. If I put in a random number like 500 for the page number, it gives me people ranked 201-205 ????

Last edited by a moderator: