• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Wow - really, really don't like this! From my point of view, it has totally changed how I see the game. Right from my first days here I have been a fighter. One of my main motivations has been fighting through the hood, on GE, GvG, and now GBG whilst watching the points rack up in a weekly competition against the best in my hood. Never cared about the medals, they became meaningless years ago but the satisfaction of winning has always been the driver. I always liked trying to select the age of units to do the best in each age tower that I could. Now - nothing - motivation to fight totally gone. From a stand alone perspective the new thing is ok but needs some work. I really don't want a series of battles against CE aged troops when I am in SAAB so get the pairing sorted and it will improve. I will never win because unlike many today, I will not be spending 50 diamonds per pop for extra battles but hey ho, that is my choice.
Summing up - call this new thing something else and keep it but please, please, please bring back the old PvP towers and leave them just as they have been for the past 8 years. They worked well enough then and still did until today. Honestly, as things stand my motivation to turn on and play each day has just dropped by about 90%. Please do something.

vicbeta

Farmer
just played my first rounds in the arena and got matched against at least one space age opponent in every battle (5 of 5). i am LMA...and NOT a happy player. the "weakest" matchup was EMA with no defense, the other two were at least colonial era. why on earth (or any other FoE world) do the game meisters think 1) i'd choose to fight someone significantly above my era and 2) allow the AI to slaughter my troops?

The Babelus

Steward
There should be one competition per Era. How can a good fighter in CA (350/200 attack lift) fight against SAAB? Not mentioning only auto battle available (the manual mode would not happen anyway)

welshsith

Farmer
First day EMA troops up against PME troops

Auto battle only lost my entire army unless you put in a manual option it's definitely something I will bot be using at all

DeletedUser8152

just looked at it. gave me a player from space age and 1 from industrial. I'm in ema! 1 ema and 2 space age for the second battle, so I only get 1 choice? And all auto? NO THANKS! played all 6, only 1 ema the lowest I saw was contemporary for the other 2. I'm done, not playing this.

Last edited by a moderator:

shemilla

Farmer
DO NOT LIKE IT! only automatic battles suck! takes the fun out of it. I also see you have removed the neighbourhood ranking in fights too, surely that i something that could have been kept so those of us who enjoy attacking neighbours still get the same rewards as previously, most of why I play this game is for the neighbourhood fights, plunder and ranking, now you have taken it away and made them pointless battles I will look elsewhere for another game! I am all for adding new features and choices but dont take away the things people like in the process.

Mitos

Squire
CHANCE to win 10fp, 5 units, 100 diamonds for week of battles? seriously? For being #1 after a week of battles you offering such crap? For that top players boosting def. gbs like crazy?

sirblu

Baronet
Yes, seems they follow the AI logic to assign 2 Spear Fighters as defense if you dont setup a Defensive army.
But according to what I have read if you do not set up a defensive army then you are NOT included in this nonsense. I do not see how INNO can FORCE people to play and then penalize them by taking away points if they refuse to play.

This is my thoughts on Endless Tower or Arena PVP:
1) Fights are AUTOMATIC! This statement does not leave room for other interpretations.
2) SAAB vs HMA, ok...
3) The rewards are really pitiful... we're talking about weekly non daily rewards.
4) It's not clear how they'll turn battle points into effective points. In other words: how the hell do you rate a SAAB army versus an HMA army?
I think it's one of InnoGames' most sensational FLOP.

sirblu

Baronet
Thank you for your feedback so far, I am collating it all to be fed back. We are still investigating the range of Eras that you are facing, and I'll let you know when I hear more.
@Dudettas, clarification is needed please - in order to avoid playing this part of the game all I need do is not set up a defense army? OR if I do not set up a defense army then IA sets up 2 spearfighters for me and I am forced to play and lose points for 2 weeks until I am inactive for 2 weeks? If the latter is the case then how am I considered inactive if the AI keeps setting up my defensive ARMY and forcing me to be attacked?

People complaining in a game where the main idea is to build a city from the stone age and make it evolve technologicaly up to futuristic eras due to this new pvp tower
The game is way more than just research new technologies and build new buildings that where unlocked from the Research Tree.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
......and I am forced to play and lose points for 2 weeks until I am inactive for 2 weeks? .......
What points do you want to lose?
You only lose PvP points not the points of the general classification.
If you don't play PvP these points are useless; losing 100 or 500 doesn't matter.

DeletedUser7273

Not a fan of the new change. Liked PvP better. PvP allowed ability to manage your army. Seems PvP is still available but without any reward other than what you can plunder.