• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena (reworked)

Balinor

Steward
They are an incentive for active fighters to get some extra points on every tower by smart playing
I can say as a player with over 76000 fights in one world and 34000 in another
The towers were never an incentive for me to fight nor will the removal diminish my desire to fight
I liked the PVP Towers because it gave me a statistic on how good I was doing across the game,
You mean how you were doing across your neighborhood
That is hardly across one world let alone the game

bornempire

Steward
We are aware about the strong feelings of removing the option to compare yourselves to your neighboors and players from your era and have forwarded as feedback to keep such an option in the game, but for now you can't.
The only reason for me to join this boring game is: as long as it is there you are forced to do it/forcefully accept to fall in ranking because you don't participate. Now that I read you as well lose your active bonusses like critical hit etcetera I am even more becoming an oppononent of this PvParena.
Just tell me one advantage. Who likes this? And why?

bornempire

Steward
I can say as a player with over 76000 fights in one world and 34000 in another
The towers were never an incentive for me to fight nor will the removal diminish my desire to fight
I don't lose ' the appetite to fight' in general, just don't want to waste my spare time to fight on this silly 'innovation'. So, I spent less time on this world and more on the others. Might even have time to open an extra city on my other worlds by the time I don't have to spent on neighbors/PvP anymore. Yes, I am aware that you can still fight your neighbors, but since there is no ranking on PvP. I simply keep it with: checking all the GB every 2 days for FP rewards. No appetitite to fight anymore without PvP towers.
Saying that you 'can prevent facing the same enemy twice by refreshing/spending medals or diamonds sounds for me it was introduced as moneymaker. With PvP I WON every week thousands of medals. And now the innovation is that I have to SPENT medals to be able to fight? Wow, that is really smart thinking FoE innovators.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Why should we play a boring/timeconsuming and diamond/medals eating pvp, can you tell us what is the added value against expedition and guildbattle ?
I never had to pay diamonds or medals to attack my neighbors (or return fire after being attacked). I will leave that there as I wouldn't want to repeat what was said already, heh heh.

The PVP Arena is not designed to be farmed like Guild Battlegrounds for resources or to gain Guildpower.
True.

Here is a thought why not do a poll of who thinks the new Arena is great or the towers where v much better not that anyone is actually listening or we would not be having this imposed on us again ; (
Could we have a moment of silence of how many polls were made and shot down in the few minutes they were made? *taps being played*

Aerendil

Squire
I have some 2 proposals:
First:
Im in postmodern age in diamond league (age rank #2), there are 2 other people in diamond legue. #1 is in crystal.
handsome russ and alphatier, who is a guild member. The only oppenent I get in normal is handsome rus.

I think the selection of opponents in normal should not be <your age, your league> only
instead it should be a group of 10 people. In GBG the battlegrounds are filled up with lower lower guild if there not enough.
Just use the same mechanism.

The same applies to the hard and easy opponents. Right now I have 2 opponents, Valush requires a lenthy manual battle which I try to avoid (sorry handsome russ) and vlip-2 (sorry as well) whom I attack.

Second The rewards:
We get one fight every 2 hours. compard to GBG the random rewards are severly lacking.
In GBG you get 10 FP estimated at 10% chance and and blueprints for the good statue of honor with a higher chance
In the PvP Tower I got some <2 extra attacks> and something else
In GBG you can do a lot more fights than in he PvP Arena, so the rewards should be better than in GBG.
like 10% for 25 FP, 20% blueprint,...
Also there should be special PvP Building a little better than statue of honor, and blueprints given with a random chance each battle.

trayk

Steward
Again when will they learn to read , the other features you mention are not time consuming cause you can use rogues there.

I use rogues to some degree in every PvP fight I do in the new tower. You just cant Autobattle 1 unit and 7 anymore. No more IWIN button

There's some bug somewhere. I'm in colonial, I fought the medium match and my opponent was a Future one, not a colonial one.

210131044801576937.jpg

210131044250414818.jpg

mcbluefire

Baronet
Would be great if a Dev could explain how this new system is a replacement for the Event History Age Towers.

The new system is a new system - it does nothing that the previous system does.
Our neighbors can still be attacked and plundered and they can attack and plunder us.

The simple fix I see is from EMA on remove the medal reward in the Age Tower, but leave the towers in all ages.

If the blind response is still "we want to replace the tower system with this *optional* PVP Arena, then please answer these questions:
  1. Does removal of the Age Tower System free up significant DB storage?
  2. Does removal of the Age Tower System code make the game more efficient or remove one or more bugs from the game?
  3. Was the upkeep of the Age Tower System unwieldy across platforms? I could see this reducing man hours per update if somehow the code was regularly being worked around/updated on newer versions of the game.
  4. Was there too much overhead to show progress compared to our neighbors using same age units after each battle?
At the minimum I think a simple explanation should be given on removing a feature. Stating that PVP Arena is a replacement for Age Towers is like saying I replaced a part of the west side garage with a new east wing pool on a hotel when in reality the two don't occupy the same space at all. Doesn't make much sense.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So um... this doesn't seem much better?

Matchmaking improvements: fine, good enough - shouldn't be able to play yourself up to the point where you're getting 3 impossible fights.

Personal reward system: pretty underwhelming for a once a month thing that requires a fair bit of effort. Only really an incentive to the newest of players probably.

Global reward system: as half-baked as ever. The chests for 1st aren't worth putting effort into. The amount of movement needed to get a minorly better reward is also over the top. Needs more divisions and a higher prize for 1st overall.

Age & Guild rankings: As far as I can see there's no reward for this... There should be for age at least as one that everyone has a reasonable shot to compete in if they desire.

Defenses?: Will have to comment on this later - is there a good motivation for putting up a daunting defense? There should be.

My feedback is, when the end of the month rankings/rewards are handed out, maybe reset the attempts to a full bar. It only seems fair and all. You should start all over like its the first time opening the feature.

Just my 2 pennies worth. :)

That's a good point, is the lack of PVP towers now pointless to put spearmen on city defense to reduce attackers tower points? I'm not sure the point of defense in either towers or this pvp, clearly anybody can beat you. Now there's just more opprotunity for stronger players to defeat your army and take your pvp points; there's no benefit to stronger army because people will still beat you and there's no benefit for a weak army because people will still take your points.

I mean clearly, if people are defeating a bot's 900% defense, what are my chances when I'm limited by space? We got battlestar galatica GB for plunders, maybe they'll make another TA or defense gb for both attack/defending armies. Or make deals/basils GOOD?

Owl II

Emperor
That's a good point, is the lack of PVP towers now pointless to put spearmen on city defense to reduce attackers tower points? I'm not sure the point of defense in either towers or this pvp, clearly anybody can beat you. Now there's just more opprotunity for stronger players to defeat your army and take your pvp points; there's no benefit to stronger army because people will still beat you and there's no benefit for a weak army because people will still take your points.

I mean clearly, if people are defeating a bot's 900% defense, what are my chances when I'm limited by space? We got battlestar galatica GB for plunders, maybe they'll make another TA or defense gb for both attack/defending armies. Or make deals/basils GOOD?
2 spearmen is still 2 spearmen. Rating points for fights are still rating points for fights. This has nothing with the PVP arena. But you're right: building a defense of city not make sense in the current environment. So the PVP arena is boring: the result of the battle is predictable.

Fenix

Viceroy
I jump ages during this PvP.

Yes, it would be nice to have an answer about this. Is this a bug? Does the matchmaking take in account only the age at the beginning of a season? If so, which season: the one-week long one (global ranking) or the one-month long one (personnal ranking)? If it's the monthly one, I think it should be modified.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

Well there's three advantages you've got over GBG defenses:
1) The defense AI in use in the tower appears to be the continent one - meaning rogue-abuse is not so effective.
2) They can't see what your defense is before starting the fight - you might have to change it semiregularly to maintain that advantage, but in many ages it matters what's on defense as to what you attack with at high attrition in GBG and here you just don't know.
3) You're not limited to a fixed set of defenses. Is there something you're glad you *don't* ever see in GBG? Well you can set that up in "PvP"

You of course would still need lots of stats... which would take lots of space... which for this feature as it stands doesn't make a lot of sense as it stands since your placing depends more on your attacks than the handful of defenses you might see.

The question is even if you *did* make that investment that you're hard to beat, what benefit does it give you? Some more people would surely avoid you and attack someone else instead... But if enough people would still attack and beat your defense to saturate the "5 defenses a day" limit (assuming that's still there), you still lose the same amount of points...

Last edited: