• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena (reworked)

Hilary Briss

Merchant
For me, the best feature is that when you remove the defending army, you no longer have the annoying exclamation mark to remind you to play it, unlike with the harbour where it doesn't go away when you don't have a Cultural Settlement underway.

The defending AI change was a good move, and restructuring the rewards had to be done, so at least some improvements were made.

Overall, it works, so I've beta tested it, but even if the gameplay was better balanced for the hard fights and the towers (with no reward) were reinstated, it is still just another bolt on that adds little value for me as a player. It takes less than a minute every 10 hours to do 5 fights on auto with very little engagement needed, and rewards I can live without.

Due to the hard fights being virtually impossible unless you are in the late Eras or lucky, it is going to be really hard to compete on the global level for most. You can now compete against your entire age, except that includes people who have levelled up and stay in your PvP category for up to an entire month, so that again removes some of the incentive to try and compete. I spent several weeks having to avoid medium fights with some who jumped from ME to FE.

If there was a desire to make it more balanced, then restrict the units you can use to your era, and restrict them to that era until the monthly reset. Fighting against players 3 Eras above who can have units 4 Eras above their Era is just ridiculous.

just noticed that we can by attempts with meds - the amount increasing a bit after buying (similar to Gex). Is the amount reset to the initial at any time? And if so, when - after a week (on Monday) or after the month?

Alex M

Farmer
If we look at the number of registered players in the beta it is: 45,804, and if we see the number of players that are currently in the PvP tower it is 2,493. So approximately 5.4% of the players is the one who is still participating in the PvP tower. Take into account that there are a number of players who have not yet investigated the technology to participate in it, so the proportion can rise to 10% (perhaps 15%) of participating players.
This modality makes me a failure, but well we will continue to see over time if the participation goes up, or down.
I already canceled this tower for several days, or weeks. And I'm not going to try again with the new incentives they put in place.
game over.

Thunderdome

Emperor
We have increased the rewards you can get from the PVP Arena.
You can read all about it here.

We have made some changes to the rewards of the PVP Arena today:
  • We have increased the amount of medals you can get as a reward from the PVP Arena
  • We have increased the chance of getting a random reward from the PVP Arena
  • We have changed the chances of the different rewards as a random reward
  • We have increased the seasonal ranking reward
Do you want to further elaborate on this? What does this mean for the average player?

For me, the rewards can be like 1 medal more or 1 percent better chance of getting something that is probably worthless.

SO, THROW US A BONE!!!!

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
These rewards are still peanuts for the type of players that are going to be placing top 10 or even top 200. Unique rewards like avatars would be more appealing.

pvp tower is still better ;-D
If you compare it to the PVP Towers, they did not give these rewards, just medals which were lower than you can win now every month.
So I do not understand your comparision.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
If you compare it to the PVP Towers, they did not give these rewards, just medals which were lower than you can win now every month.

the problem is they had the opportunity to make this something really special, something unique, something all players would have wanted and something that took weeks/months of work to get a unique building 200 frags 10 levels each level takes 200 frags, and the drop rate for each frag is 10% so that building needs to be something really special better than the viking tree

but no the rewards are bluggg and the matchmaking is bluggg

Owl II

Emperor
Well, I'm a mercantile person. I tried it. 10 fights brought me 2 attempts, 10 FP and 5 units. The fun of kicking some bots is attached. My day at GBG brought me 1,400 goods, 175 diamonds, 1,800 FP (for comparing). The rewards in the chests are the same as they were, in my opinion. Someone notice the difference?

Last edited:
People passively gained ranking in the PVP towers by participating in the activities that they chose: GBG, GE, GvG, neighborhood fights, et. al. The new PVP Arena requires you to spend your time there instead of doing the activities that you would otherwise choose. So instead of comparing the PVP Arena rewards to the passive PVP Tower rewards, you would need to compare to the rewards to the other activities that people participate in, in order to have an apples to apples comparison.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
I just merely commented on the 'PVP Towers gave better rewards' comment which is not true. The rewards for the PVP Tower was only medals, which still be gained from the PVP Arena and recently buildings that give medals have been introduced like the Terracotta Vineyard and Druid Temple.

Regarding the comparision in the ranks comment, something that I did not react on, that has been communicated towards the developing team, but at this point of time that hasn't been reintroducrd.

I would prefer a random positioning of the OK button.
This would slow down everyone except cheaters and thus make it easier for operators to identify and ban them.
You sound completely uneducated on this and really are doing a disservice to the game by making suggestions until you have played more. You have zero idea of what you are talking about and it's obvious - it falls into that category of "what the heck did I just read". Suggestions should be made based on knowing what the problem is, what the facts are, how to fix it, etc. Not "what you want or prefer". Who, besides you, said that it would make it easier for them to identify anyone? And... why are you accusing people of cheating?
if this can make it easier for operators to identify and sanction cheaters, then yes!
a small consideration for a great cause.
Of course you feel this way... because you don't actually know what you are saying.

As other's have said - randomizing the Okay button does nothing but penalize PC players, and doesn't fix anything that Inno has specifically said they are trying to address.

Julian24

Viceroy
The rewards in PvP never mattered because the only important thing was the incomparable moments of fun.
That is not the point here. It was just about the rewards. See his next comment:
I just merely commented on the 'PVP Towers gave better rewards' comment which is not true. The rewards for the PVP Tower was only medals, which still be gained from the PVP Arena and recently buildings that give medals have been introduced like the Terracotta Vineyard and Druid Temple.

Regarding the comparision in the ranks comment, something that I did not react on, that has been communicated towards the developing team, but at this point of time that hasn't been reintroducrd.

since moving into Future yesterday, all my difficult enemies are in SAM (the label is VF, though) - bug or feature?
Our devs are currently looking into that issue.

As a side note, but of decent importance when you really think about it...

This is one of the things that is bothering a lot of developed, long term players. The support/mod team should know whether something like this is a bug or feature, when it's a key element to a Beta Element, especially when they are a Mod for the forum on it. Otherwise, it can leave players feeling like support doesn't know enough, or Inno isn't being thorough in their dev process, or that there's not being transparency.

In this case - reading the link that Lordwasa had shared about the PvP Arena gives us the answer the kleopatra911 was looking for:
  • Hard opponents can be up to 3 Ages higher than you.
  • Medium opponents should be on the same Age as you.
  • Easy opponents are one Age lower than you.
So - FE should not have SAM opponents. Not sure why he wasn't able to give that answer, but here we are. Now we'll wait and see if Inno says it was a bug or feature. Obviously it was not intended, or their write up was wrong.
**And, if that was an indirect way of saying it is a known bug, then cool - but it certainly didn't read that way since the question wasn't answered.

Last edited:
The rewards in PvP never mattered because the only important thing was the incomparable moments of fun.
That is not the point here. It was just about the rewards. See his next comment:

However - some rewards are intangible rewards ;). Plus, isn't everyone already rolling around in fps and whatnot because of GBG?

Well, I'm a mercantile person. I tried it. 10 fights brought me 2 attempts, 10 FP and 5 units. The fun of kicking some bots is attached. My day at GBG brought me 1,400 goods, 175 diamonds, 1,800 FP (for comparing). The rewards in the chests are the same as they were, in my opinion. Someone notice the difference?