• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

progressive era

DeletedUser

well it forces you to have fewer military buildings because of their size, not because of the decrease in happiness. The cultural buildings are going to be more effective too remember

The military buildings are both larger, and takes more population. Sure, houses are larger but they give more population per square. The problem is happiness. If we need to build 10 cultural buildings, we don't have any space for the other buildings.

My current setup in IndA is:
4 Jaeger Encampment (4 x 1104 population)
4 Howitzer Factories (4 x 1350 population)
2 Lancer Stables (2 x 1227 population)
4 Rifleman Ranges (4 x 982 population)
3 Breach Loader Factories (3 x 1472 population)

That is 20'614 total population. 1300 to 1500 for production buildings (resources). Lets say 22'200 in population.

With 22'200 population I need (22'200 * 1.4) = 31'080 happiness.

12 Water Pumping Stations (where 7 are polished) gives me 32'300 happiness over 240 squares.

EDIT: Actually less than 240 squares because i think that only 10-11 Water Pumping Stations will do it thanks to the IndA roads giving happiness aswell.

My desired setup in PE is:
4 Conscription Office (4 x 1420 population)
4 Tank Factory (4 x 1740 population)
2 Armored Car Factory (2 x 1580 population)
4 Sniper Camp (4 x 1260 population)
3 Ordnance Factory (3 x 1890 population)

That is 26'510 total population 2800-2900 for production buildings (resources). Lets say 29'500 in population.

With 29'500 population I need (29'500 * 1.4) = 41'300 happiness.

10 City Parks (where 5 are polished) gives me 42'750 happiness over 300 squares.

So, the cultural builds will take 100 sqaures more. Military buildings will take more place aswell. Houses will take more place aswell. And roads will take more space as well :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3511

I really like the changes to how neighborhoods are merged

There are more than 80 in my neighborhood now and the more, the better, in my opinion. This is a battle game, so if some people don't like to battle, I'm not sure why they are playing this particular game.

DeletedUser

each house takes up more space, but they do not take up more space in general. They are putting out more pop and gold per square. You also assume that your entire base will be double roads, but this shouldn't be the case. I think only 2 of the 5 military buildings require double roads. The new single roads do provide more happiness, so that will offset the cost a little too. do you not have any happiness GBs? Having all your cultural buildings polished also shouldn't be much of a problem considering how many less M/Ps your supplies/coins buildings will be soaking up now.

DeletedUser

That's a lot of military buildings falcon. Are your military GBs not strong enough yet or why would you need so much military?

But yes bigger roads and bigger goods/military buildings will make space tighter yes, more than the few extra expansions make up for. I think that's intentional :p
Bigger houses, supplies and culturals won't have any effect though, since their bonus per space increases just as well. Actually with good town planning it can save quite some on roads having buildings so big, plus ofc the P/M savings.
I quess they are trying to make space so tight they could temp some PvPers into building the capitol :p

DeletedUser3754

A couple questions:
1. Great buildings, What is the unique ability of the Chateau Frontenac?
2. Are the 2x2 roads the only new roads introduced with the Progressive Era or is there another set of 1x1s?
3. Anyone have the new numbers for the wishing well? I will assume that the number of Forge Points, Goods, and Diamonds will remain the same but the amount of supplies, coin, and medals will increase.

Thanks for all your help and the info given out so far.

DeletedUser

I quess they are trying to make space so tight they could temp some PvPers into building the capitol :p

Already did that in InA and its one of the best investments I made so far. Made me fit 42 ceramics and other 13 remaining GBs.

DeletedUser

do you not have any happiness GBs?

Only the 5 military GBs and Colosseum. Colosseum is currently on level 7, on its way to level 8, so lets say 2'800 in happiness. But that doesn't change depending on era so I didn't count that in ;)

Having all your cultural buildings polished also shouldn't be much of a problem considering how many less M/Ps your supplies/coins buildings will be soaking up now.

Having all cultural buildings polished at once is only possible in theory. It will always take some time from the point that the building lost its polish untill it gets polished again. If multiple guild members polish 3 cultural buildings within 5 minutes, that will also mean that I will lose the polish from 3 cultural buildings within 5 minutes after 12 hours. That is why I only count in that 50% of all cultural buildings will be polished at once :)

That's a lot of military buildings falcon. Are your military GBs not strong enough yet or why would you need so much military?

No, my military GBs are pretty strong, I currently have 95% offensive boost. I guess that I like the fighting aspect of the game. I'm also attacking my whole 'hood every day and that requires a large army. Attacking the whole 'hood and then take some sectors on the campaign map requires many units. I'm also a very strategic player, so just picking the units that are still alive is forbidden for me ;) I always use units that will work the best against the defeding army combinated with the terrain.

I've also a guess on how the guild wars will work, and I guess that's also a reason to my huge army ;) My guess is that guilds will fight on a large map with many provinces, maybe even whole continents. They fight for domination and try to conquer provinces from each other by taking control of the sectors in that province. The defending guild must place units in each sector they control, and they gain units from guild members that may donate units for the guilds global army. The leaders may then place units into the sectors from that global unit pool. When members donate a unit, it gets "removed" from their pool, the same as would have happend if they removed it manually or got it killed. So if this theory is correct, a high amount of military buildings will give the guild a high amount of units produced every 4 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Already did that in InA and its one of the best investments I made so far. Made me fit 42 ceramics and other 13 remaining GBs.

If ones goal is just maximising coins+supplies collection for most total rank points then Capitol is not worth itself numbers wise. You need to pay with space for the population anyways by having the culturals, so it is more effective getting that population from houses with the added benafit of coins, space saved with capitol to get the same population doesn't get you enough ceramics to make up for what you miss by coins. Doesn't even get close and I don't see that dynamic changing in future ages neither. But seeing you have all 14 GBs anyways, including ones like Babel Tower and Colloseum, I assume it doesn't matter too much for you :p

Having all cultural buildings polished at once is only possible in theory. It will always take some time from the point that the building lost its polish untill it gets polished again. If multiple guild members polish 3 cultural buildings within 5 minutes, that will also mean that I will lose the polish from 3 cultural buildings within 5 minutes after 12 hours. That is why I only count in that 50% of all cultural buildings will be polished at once :)

I would rather assume a safety cushion of 1 or 2 buildings unpolished, depending how high you want to push that limit. Altho I know top players who have even went with no safety cushion at all and need 100% polished. For me personally I think that can get me in trouble, I don't like waiting 15 mins for someone to polish or whatever so I could PvP, I wanna play safe. So it could be anything from 4/5 or 5/7 or 8/10 or whatever, generally easily can do more than 50%. I know with safety cushion of 2 unpolished I have seen myself only once under 120% for collect+pvp time since release of InA and that didn't last for too long.

No, my military GBs are pretty strong, I currently have 95% offensive boost. I guess that I like the fighting aspect of the game. I'm also attacking my whole 'hood every day and that requires a large army. Attacking the whole 'hood and then take some sectors on the campaign map requires many units. I'm also a very strategic player, so just picking the units that are still alive is forbidden for me ;) I always use units that will work the best against the defeding army combinated with the terrain.

Perhaps you have very strong hood then. In my en world when I PvP I use 5 jaeger camps, 2 rifles and 1 howlitzer camp. If I autocombat my entire hood, it is just enough to make it through everyone in single run. If I fight manual the harder/tricker fights and remember to send it correct units for the matchup, I will have lots of units still left over come the end of round. I got 150% military bonus in a 45ish member hood where about 25-30 players put up a proper fight with CA or InA units, also few quite hard ones topping with last guy at 328% defense bonus etc.

DeletedUser

A couple questions:
1. Great buildings, What is the unique ability of the Chateau Frontenac?
2. Are the 2x2 roads the only new roads introduced with the Progressive Era or is there another set of 1x1s?

1. Chateau Frontenac provides an increase to quest rewards, in addition to a traditional coin output bonus.
2. There are also new 1x1 roads. The Promenade provides 35 happiness.

DeletedUser

Hi Shmike,

Can you post a printscreen of the information provide by the blueprint? I need to know the Chateau's size :p

DeletedUser4008

there are some buildings that require two lane street. In order for them to be able to produce is necessary that two lane street to be connected to town hall?
Excuse my English