• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

progressive era

DeletedUser1036

Sometime in the future, ;)

Sorry, only a select few people know this answer, and they are the developers, and designers, and of course, they will not answer that question. I do know they are working on it though, which does not help much, lol.

DeletedUser

@ marihood, the blog you have linked too refers to the international servers, so in theory PE should have been released to .zz today at the latest. So IMHO the date in the blog is at the very least optimistic. But then I wisely gave up trying to predict inno's next move a long time ago.

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
PE will be released tomorrow. We have, in an attempt to keep the details relatively quiet as to not spoil it for other communities, decided on a relatively late public beta release.

piohh

Baronet
^^ If any ppl. will get some Information before he can get it... and whats about bugs? Late release here will give you a small periode of time to fix Bugs before release on public servers...

DeletedUser

The buildings which need to be connected by 2x2 roads in order to work - do they need to be connected with full 2x2 straight from town hall or a single piece of 2x2 do the trick? Since if it is the latter, it will look real ugly with people having single 2x2 road piece to get the building effective, then countinue with normal 1x1 till you reach next building and so on.

DeletedUser

and no bonus?

Yes, I must agree to this. InnoGames please add atleast 60-80 happiness to the two-lane streets! I see no reason why an one-lane street would give happiness but not a two-lane :( It's not fun to be forced to build like 10 cultural buildings if all your houses are high-rises :(

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I would agree on this as well. Since these roads are a must, but are 2x2, they're literally a waste of space with no happiness bonus. A piece of Promenade gives 35 happiness, double it and you'd make 70. I'd agree on 80 happiness, as Falcon has said above, simply because in my opinion bigger buildings (as roads still fall in this category) should give a better outcome.

We already get enough size-changing buildings with each age, especially with IndA and now PA, plus the 2x2 MUST roads, to have them give literally nothing. I really hope this is at least put under consideration.

DeletedUser

I dont think the idea of those roads is to boost culture/happyness, but productivity. In fact the buildings that require 2x2 roads are more productive.

Besides, they are not a must. You can always sell them after you have produced the goods you need.

Since I dont have an active account here on beta server though, I'd have to wait for the update to see whether I'm gonna build them at all. I think I will though, but who knows.

DeletedUser

even if you factor in an extra 3 spaces (not all buildings will require this of course, just using the 24 hr house as an example) the buildings are more productive per square. I did not figure out the cost of making up for cultural happiness though. This will certainly be different for different people because some won't need the extra happiness

DeletedUser

Yeah, but you'll still need population. And population needs happiness. And happiness needs cultural buildings. To get enough happiness, we will need like 10 cultural buildings. In IndA, I managed to fit 17 military buildings into my city, using only 1d houses and still have 120% happiness. I see no reason why a later age would force me to have fewer military buildings?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I understand that the productivity is increased, but not only are 2-lane streets 2x2 in size, they also must be connected to the Town Hall directly (not through 1x1 roads). So they take up extra space AND they're also harder to work with/plan your city. I love the challenge of redesigning my city, but I think this is a bit too much. If they do not provide any bonus, they should definitely not have that high cost (because as much as they're good, they're also a very big inconvenience).

DeletedUser

well it forces you to have fewer military buildings because of their size, not because of the decrease in happiness. The cultural buildings are going to be more effective too remember