• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

PostModern Era

• Thread starter DeletedUser4040
  • Start date

DeletedUser4040

PME is reachable?
emoticon-00138-thinking.gif

DeletedUser

Personally I think that a good lesson would be if this gb-goods-change turns into one large protest. Hopefully they would finally learn to take care of this kind of stuff while on beta, but I doubt that.

Yes, we will get an overflow of CA goods, and a lack of ME goods. No-one will want to produce these ME goods unless they need them for research or GB, because of the space required to build those buildings instead of getting the goods directly from our GBs. And the most important fact still remains:

They introduced these GB's and said that they would produce goods from the current era. Now when we have got all the 9 BP and all goods to build them + months of hard work to level them up, they just nerf them. Shame on you Innogames, I'm really disappointed. Good that not all games does like this against their customers...

DeletedUser3499

Personally I think that a good lesson would be if this gb-goods-change turns into one large protest. Hopefully they would finally learn to take care of this kind of stuff while on beta, but I doubt that.

Yes, we will get an overflow of CA goods, and a lack of ME goods. No-one will want to produce these ME goods unless they need them for research or GB, because of the space required to build those buildings instead of getting the goods directly from our GBs. And the most important fact still remains:

They introduced these GB's and said that they would produce goods from the current era. Now when we have got all the 9 BP and all goods to build them + months of hard work to level them up, they just nerf them. Shame on you Innogames, I'm really disappointed. Good that not all games does like this against their customers...

Some people actually like to produce goods just in general or to help others in their guild (which now will be needed more than before). Personally I think the change is good and needed to make the game more interesting again. ME will have a different feel to it now as opposed to the same thing from every other Age/Era.

DeletedUser

Some people actually like to produce goods just in general or to help others in their guild (which now will be needed more than before). Personally I think the change is good and needed to make the game more interesting again. ME will have a different feel to it now as opposed to the same thing from every other Age/Era.

That is fine, if these people like it, they can still do so, I'm not against the new way of producing goods. What I'm against is that GBs and WWs gives CA goods and not ME goods. I want to get what I was promised when I spent diamonds for BPs, all those goods and all the months required to level it up.

DeletedUser3499

That is fine, if these people like it, they can still do so, I'm not against the new way of producing goods. What I'm against is that GBs and WWs gives CA goods and not ME goods. I want to get what I was promised when I spent diamonds for BPs, all those goods and all the months required to level it up.

Well best of luck to you in your stance against the new changes. I've done the same as you in regards to buying bps and also have spent months getting my gb's leveled up but I'm all for the new way of things.

DeletedUser

I disagree actually. Don't forget higher ages add more power. People will continue to need those colonial goods to manufacture ME goods for guild wars.
If all the goods will be eaten by GvG anyway, then what's the point in nerfing GBs? Just to make players angry? Make them quit, merge several worlds together, and get profit from selling servers...

HuscarlTW

Squire
If all the goods will be eaten by GvG anyway, then what's the point in nerfing GBs? Just to make players angry? Make them quit, merge several worlds together, and get profit from selling servers...

Personally I am thrilled with the change, and will be disappointed if they dont do this.

I enjoy challenges, and think the GBs took away a lot of the game's challenge.

I was able to get to the PE with only one GB (zeus). Collecting free goods from GBs is a luxury. Nothing more. There is NOTHING wrong with producing your own goods.

And finally, if you want same age goods, don't play in the ME. Simple.

DeletedUser

Collecting free goods from GBs is a luxury. Nothing more.
luxury people paid for

like a car
but now they say you can only use it for shopping and holiday :rolleyes:
you can't use it to drive to work any more: but that's your problem now

There is NOTHING wrong with producing your own goods
it's nothing wrong to use the bus to go to work

but I bought a car for it:
it didn't buy it for holiday and shopping

and I didn't buy GBs to give me the wrong goods

I was able to get to the PE with only one GB (zeus)
what would you say if they change your zeus:
only works when attacking provinces on the map and not when attacking neighbors
(or if you don't fight neighbors and only use it for the map: then when it only works when attacking neighbors)

or when GvG is too simple:
the attack bonus of Zeus, Aachen and the Castel del Monte doesn't work in those fights

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

luxury people paid for
like a car

In my town, old more medieval area in center of town is now almost fully closed for all cars, while it used to be open traffic not too long ago. And a lot of people work there. People either park their cars outside of it and proceed on foot, or use other transport there.

BestWarrior

Baronet
I disagree actually. Don't forget higher ages add more power. People will continue to need those colonial goods to manufacture ME goods for guild wars.

Guild Wars... What's that? A Joke??

I guess so...
A "Big Cheating" has born and has been baptized with the name of Guild Wars.
Innogames, please chenge the game direction, don't update the normal servers with this version of Guild Wars or, change a lot the rewards system.

DeletedUser

Well best of luck to you in your stance against the new changes. I've done the same as you in regards to buying bps and also have spent months getting my gb's leveled up but I'm all for the new way of things.

Have you maybe considered that this depends on the playing style? If you like to produce goods, this surely will give you more enjoyment, as you'll need to build goods-buildings and have a more complex way of creating the goods. But hey, if you like to produce goods, I'm sure that you already have goods-buildings in your city, so nothing will change for you. That is why you don't se the problem in this change.

As I said earlier, I have absolutely no problem with the new way of producing goods, that is indeed a very interesting system. HOWEVER, I want to get what I was promised when I got my GBs. I don't want to build any goods buildings when I already got some GBs that sole purpose for me was to supply me with some goods from the current age. Military buildings takes a lot of population and space and I don't have space for goods-buildings AND goods-GB. For clarification; The space isn't the main problem here, it's the fact that we who got these GBs as a strategic choice have become deceived.

luxury people paid for

like a car

it's nothing wrong to use the bus to go to work

but I bought a car for it:
it didn't buy it for holiday and shopping

and I didn't buy GBs to give me the wrong goods

+1000000

Very well said. I agree completely.

DeletedUser3499

Have you maybe considered that this depends on the playing style? If you like to produce goods, this surely will give you more enjoyment, as you'll need to build goods-buildings and have a more complex way of creating the goods. But hey, if you like to produce goods, I'm sure that you already have goods-buildings in your city, so nothing will change for you. That is why you don't se the problem in this change.

As I said earlier, I have absolutely no problem with the new way of producing goods, that is indeed a very interesting system. HOWEVER, I want to get what I was promised when I got my GBs. I don't want to build any goods buildings when I already got some GBs that sole purpose for me was to supply me with some goods from the current age. Military buildings takes a lot of population and space and I don't have space for goods-buildings AND goods-GB. For clarification; The space isn't the main problem here, it's the fact that we who got these GBs as a strategic choice have become deceived.

Of course it depends on playing style. Some people like to produce goods, some people like to attack, and some like to do both. I don't do a lot of attacking but I have the capability and military to do so whenever I want. Personally I like to keep a balanced town that produces goods and has every military capability. Since you don't want to build goods buildings and solely rely on your gb's for goods, I can see why this change bothers you so much.

For me personally I like the changes because its going to bring something new to the game. If things stayed the way they were it would be Bronze-Progressive all over again. That's getting boring to me. The new way of doing things makes strategy a bigger factor. I like that and I'm sure there will be plenty of people who also feel the same way. There will also be plenty of people who feel the same about the changes as you do.

Let me ask you a question:

If the new changes are here to stay, what are you going to do? Adjust to them or quit?

DeletedUser

Let me ask you a question:

If the new changes are here to stay, what are you going to do? Adjust to them or quit?

None :p I'm not going to adjust, my neighboors will have to take that hit instead and get plundered all the time.

As it feels right now, I'm going to stay, but I'm never ever going to spend a single cent more on this game, because from now on I've learned that they just change things without thinking of those who actually payed for the stuff, and I'm not going to risk both time and cash to get something that may get nerfed or changed in the future.

DeletedUser2752

The biggest problem here is that the goods-boost portion of GBs will eventually become useless as we will have too much CA goods compared to the amount we are paying in order to produce these ME goods, two suggestion I have to change this is:

1) After obtaining 10K of each CA good, ME goods will be produced. This would get rid of the uselessness of GBs after we have obtained enough CA goods to pay for a nice amount of ME goods.

2) GBs produce ME goods, but you have to pay CA goods in order to obtain it. This will follow how we normally obtain ME goods, except that there is no coin/supply cost.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
\With the law part you're way off as if some clauses in a contract breach other rights are bound to be dissolved. For your understanding (as my english might be a bit rusty) : if I make a contract in which I say you are my slave and you sign it , it's just a piece of paper and nothing more as I breach your right to freedom. Don't believe movies when it comes to law.

Who said what I'm saying comes from watching movies? I've taken law subjects, specifically related with online/IT. Firstly, for anyone to even try and go legal, it would be a rather difficult step, you'd have to go international. Secondly, I'm not sure where your knowledge of law comes from and I'm not gonna make assumptions, but if you believe a simple change like this is lawsuit worthy, you might want to look some more at online browsing and laws. Every game I've played has done changes, because these are not video games you purchase and have them remain as they are, they change because thy can and because it's the only way to keep players entertained, and to get the attention of new players.

Your GBs and WWs did not get removed, they are not stolen, simply their properties are adjusted because the current method becomes flawed, it would give you an unfair advantage that you also weren't promised when you bought said buildings. The fact that players here are saying they are okay with the goods production change but are not okay with their buildings changing their output, shows that they are just not okay with losing an advantage. But that's all from me on that topic, I'm not here to change anyone's believes, but simply to say from my view that talking lawsuit here is pointless.

also saying it's smart to make a thing and then destroying that very thing because you came to the conclusion that it's not what you've intended it's quite priceless :D

I do not believe we reached an understanding of what I was trying to express. When you create a mess, cleaning it out is far harder than preventing it in the first place, so the fact that they came with an idea to do so is smart.

And I do not understand how you see this being a boost for big players, it is in fact quite the opposite and the main reason I like it. It will make those "big players" vulnerable again.

P.S. I like the suggestion, byeordie. :)

DeletedUser

Producing ME goods is not a problem for big players. They've stayed in PE for half a year, collected 100s of millions of coins and supplies and 1000s of lower-age goods, they can tear down whole town, build 20+ goods buildings, produce goods for 2 weeks, then rebuild city in ME format (without any goods buildings). Problem solved. Hardly a challenge.

Let's make some numerical estimations for goods production by big players in PE and ME.

PE: 150 days stay, GBs produce 100 goods/day, goods from recurring quests (15 quests/day, 40% chance of goods, 7 goods per quest - low-level Frontenac). First 2 weeks the player has 5 goods buildings (to move through PE quicker).

Goods production:
From GBs: 15,000
From quests: 6,300
From goods buildings: 1,400
Total: 22,700

These goods will be used for PE research (1,610), for PE GBs (3,500), and as a reserve for 3 upcoming ages (2,500 per age, just to be sure you have enough). Total PE goods usage = 12,610. This leaves about 10,000 extra PE goods. This is a lot, and there is indeed a problem.

ME: 150 days stay, GBs produce 200 CA goods/day, goods from recurring quests (15 quests/day, 40% chance of goods, 10 goods per quest - medium-level Frontenac). First 2 weeks the player has 20 ME goods buildings (to move through PE).

Goods production:
From GBs: 30,000 (CA)
From quests: 9,000 (ME)
From goods buildings: 5,600 (ME)
Total ME goods: 14,600
Total CA goods: 30,000

ME goods will be used for ME research (1,510), for ME GBs (3,500), and as a reserve for 3 upcoming ages (2,500 per age, just to be sure you have enough). Total ME goods usage = 12,510. This leaves about 2,000 extra ME goods. Not a lot, the problem with last-age goods solved.

But what happens to CA goods? They are used only for ME research (440) and to produce ME goods in buildings (5,600) - the GBs are already built and the upcoming ages will not require CA goods. Total CA goods usage = 6,040. Thus, every big player will produce about 24,000 extra CA goods!

GBs nerfing does not solve the problem with extra goods, it moves it to a different age and makes it even worse. Lower-age players should start cleaning space for Deal Castle and Frauenkirche - soon every BA player will be able to get goods for these GBs just by asking nicely.

N.B.: The above estimations do not include GvG. It is not clear when GvG will go gold, maybe we'll need to wait another year. But with GvG, there is no reason at all to nerf GBs: all extra goods will be used in GvG, more goods - more fights, more interesting.

HuscarlTW

Squire
ME: 150 days stay, GBs produce 200 CA goods/day, goods from recurring quests (15 quests/day, 40% chance of goods, 10 goods per quest - medium-level Frontenac). First 2 weeks the player has 20 ME goods buildings (to move through PE).

Don't be ridiculous. Nobody is going to have 20 ME goods buildings. And there are only ~25 players (at most) per world who will have Babel, LoA, St. Marks, Royal Albert Hall, and Fraukirche of Dresden all at level 10.

HuscarlTW

Squire
luxury people paid for

like a car

That's not a valid comparison. A more valid comparison would be to say that your car will become obsolete over time. (They do)

You can complain all you like, but cars eventually become obsolete. Sure, you can drive a Model-T Ford. But you wouldn't expect it to have the same performance as a brand new Mustang.

what would you say if they change your zeus:
only works when attacking provinces on the map and not when attacking neighbors
(or if you don't fight neighbors and only use it for the map: then when it only works when attacking neighbors)

or when GvG is too simple:
the attack bonus of Zeus, Aachen and the Castel del Monte doesn't work in those fights

I wouldn't mind that. But, that's not a fair comparison. Your goods-producing great buildings still function exactly the same in every age until the Modern Era. If they disabled your attack (and defense) GBs if you had ME units in your army in one of those situations, I think that would be completely fine.

DeletedUser2752

Don't be ridiculous. Nobody is going to have 20 ME goods buildings. And there are only ~25 players (at most) per world who will have Babel, LoA, St. Marks, Royal Albert Hall, and Fraukirche of Dresden all at level 10.
I don't know whether to quote you or Ggryvi, but there is space in our city for 26 high-rises, 20 ME goods buildings, and the Goods GBs, but I don't know if there's enough space for adding the rest of the GBs we may have...

That's not a valid comparison. A more valid comparison would be to say that your car will become obsolete over time. (They do)You can complain all you like, but cars eventually become obsolete. Sure, you can drive a Model-T Ford. But you wouldn't expect it to have the same performance as a brand new Mustang.

I wouldn't mind that. But, that's not a fair comparison. Your goods-producing great buildings still function exactly the same in every age until the Modern Era. If they disabled your attack (and defense) GBs if you had ME units in your army in one of those situations, I think that would be completely fine.
But these are Great Buildings! We have spent tens of thousands of forge points in them and you expect them to become useless when we have only spent less then 8K in the tech tree?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Seriusly, the more I try to figure out WHY they applied this change, the more frustrated and angry I get. How possible can we get an overflow of ME goods?!?!?!?!?! They are developping GvG right now and aren't they aware of how much goods that will be required? Just to place a single siege army requires 50 of EACH ME good, and unlocking all defensive slots takes about 200 of EACH good. How possibly can we get an overflow of ME goods?!?!

That's not a valid comparison. A more valid comparison would be to say that your car will become obsolete over time. (They do)

You can complain all you like, but cars eventually become obsolete. Sure, you can drive a Model-T Ford. But you wouldn't expect it to have the same performance as a brand new Mustang.

What you just wrote is not a valid comparison. You're talking about things that get obsolete over time. GBs has already done that before this change. For instance, the happiness that Colosseum gives is decent in IA, but in MA, it's not high at all. That is an example of things getting obsolete over time.

The fact that they have deceived us by putting up false information about the goods-GBs is entirely different. That is a change that they have done by own will, just because someone over there got a bright idea that we would get too much goods for some mysterius reason. That is like you buy a car with airbags and 2 years later the seller knocks on your door and tells you that he's going to take the airbags back!