• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

PostModern Era

• Thread starter DeletedUser4040
  • Start date

DeletedUser4040

PME is reachable?
emoticon-00138-thinking.gif

DeletedUser

To clarify: With previous ages there was always some* discussion whether they would be the last. We wanted to put and end to those discussions and we hope you like our solution.

Some of you might have also noted that each new era, starting with Colonial Age, introduced new mechanics to keep the game fresh (unit skills, 2x2 roads, battlefield scale, and now Modern Goods). You can expect this trend to continue with PME and beyond.

*sometimes more, sometimes less

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

Very interesting, thanks for the information Anwar :)

May I ask you; what is your point of view regarding "real" armor on tanks (link)? :) Is this something that you'd consider to be implemented? :)

DeletedUser4040

To clarify: With previous ages there was always some* discussion whether they would be the last. We wanted to put and end to those discussions and we hope you like our solution.

Some of you might have also noted that each new era, starting with Colonial Age, introduced new mechanics to keep the game fresh (unit skills, 2x2 roads, battlefield scale, and now Modern Goods). You can expect this trend to continue with PME and beyond.

Regards,

Anwar

Thank you, it is a good idea this teaser.
emoticon-00115-inlove.gif

P.S. I wait for 1 year and 7 months to implement our current era with InnoGames headquarters as GB. :D

DeletedUser

Regards,

Anwar
can't remember that many great buildings were cut down extremly in value in giving three ages old goods (where they already have 1000 and more from each)

what's next: reducing attacking bonus because it is to easy to fight with 150% ?

and we hope you like our solution
many people already hate it

DeletedUser2752

can't remember that many great buildings were cut down extremly in value in giving three ages old goods (where they already have 1000 and more from each)
I was expecting the same thing, but then I decided to see if Babel was still useful. It figures that it's still gives more pop per square than the highest residential building (when you factor in the goods-output it brings, so if you're not aiming to use or produce more CA goods, then it will be useless. Also, it is still better than when it was in the PE, but I'm too lazy to put those stats down)

Three, 8-hour productions from boosted goods (including your new deposit from ME): 30 * 3 = 90
Three, 8-hour productions from the other goods: 6 * 2 = 12
Average goods output for producing CA goods in the ME = (90 + 12) / 5 = 20.4 CA goods/day
Level 10 Babel in ME output = 30 CA goods/day
Population requirement for CA goods building = 720
Babel's population bonus from double, CA-goods output = 720 * 30/20.4 = (approx) 1059 pop
Population bonus for square for level 10 Babel in ME: (1140 + 1059) / 16 =
(approx) 137.4 pop/square
1-day ME house (highest pop/square output if you consider roads needed): 1330 / 12 =
(approx) 110.8 pop/square

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4381

can't remember that many great buildings were cut down extremely in value in giving three ages old goods (where they already have 1000 and more from each)

The logic is that they are giving you double Colonial Age goods than would usually be earned as a compensation, however that doesn't work in practice because it completely ignores other elements/requirements needed to create the ME goods - and the most important of these is time, because goods from GBs are gained immediately upon collection up to PE but have an additional delay when it comes to ME. (Which I'll outline below.)

One of my worlds is just in the Progressive Era, and has the following Goods Production which runs on a 1 day cycle (20/day);
CA: Paper, Coffee x 3,
PE: Tinplate. (I haven't unlocked the other Tech yet.)

I also have every GB that produces Goods (at one level or another, and they total 41 Goods per Day in bonus goods.
(I'll round the result to 40 for ease of figures.)

My current GB reward of 40 PE goods each day effectively saves me the following; 32K Coins, 32K Supplies, 2 Days worth of time.
Of these, time is the most important - in fact it's the only one of note, as daily production of coins and supplies by the Progressive Era tends to be at least a quarter million of each.

Manual Production requirements for 20 PE goods are;
16K Coins, 16K Supplies, 1 Day of time.

Given these figures, my daily requirement to create 60 PE Goods in total is 1 Goods Production building, 5GBs, 16K each of Coins and Supplies, and 1 Day.

If the previous GB model was followed, then upon reaching the Modern Era I would generate 40 ME Goods each day through GBs - plus the capacity to create Colonial Age "ingredients" to the tune of 80/day. Assuming I build one Production building initially, as I have in the PE, I would generate the same 60 Goods per day, maintaining my current level of production.

If, as is the case on the Test Server, I am instead given 80 Colonial Age goods that I need to convert then I now need to manually create ME Goods at a rate of 20/day per ME Goods Building. Using the 1 building to start with, my requirements to create 60 ME Goods go from 1 Day, to 3 Days - reducing my effective goods production rate by 66% when compared to earning Modern Goods directly from the GBs. I will go from producing 60/Day to 20/Day.

Given that I am already creating the required CA Goods for my ME production requirements, and also have a significant stock of them, that is 2 days worth of Goods Creation Time lost *every day* I'm awarded CA Goods rather than ME Goods.

It gets worse too... If I had a completely upgraded set of all the Goods GBs they would earn 86 ME Goods per day, or 172 CA Goods; That's equivalent to 4 days of Goods Production *every* *single* *day* when compared to direct GB rewards.

In addition to this reduction in ME production speed, I am no longer able to get earn random Goods from the Modern Era so I am limited to creating only those ME Goods I have Map Resources for. I also have to hope that the random CA goods I am awarded are suitable for my current resource squares, otherwise I still need to run my CA production buildings (which I could otherwise turn into other Goods Buildings) in order to guarantee suitable ME "Ingredients".

(And I didn't even take into account the Wishing Well rewards, which make the figures even worse the more often you get Goods from them.)

Not getting Current Age Goods from GBs/WWs is a complete and utter game-breaker as far as I'm concerned, and if we aren't going to get Modern Goods then I'd rather retain normal amounts of Progressive Good rewards over double Colonial ones. (At least that way we can free up PE Goods buildings in order to build the extra ME ones needed to return production levels to normal.)

My honest advice to Anwar and the Devs would be to revert to awarding random current Era goods from GBs/WWs - unless the intent was to limit the production speed of ME Goods, at which point just outright admit it. The new rewards system for goods is actually inflicting a penalty on players when it comes to Goods Production, and it would be better to move the 2:1 idea to the cost of the ingredients needed to create ME goods instead. (10 CA to create 5 ME, 20 CA for 10 ME, etc.)

DeletedUser

I agree to all above. I do like the new way of combining earlier goods to create ME goods, but please, please allow the GBs and WWs to give goods from ME. All GBs that produce goods, and the WWs, just drooooooped soooo loooow in value if they won't be able to produce goods from the current era as they have always been able to.

DeletedUser

the great buildings just became colonial buildings
they should give 8:1 ( CA : ME ) ratio. That would be the correct ration taking into account all the other stuff which resulted with this poorly planned decision.

DeletedUser1264

It's 100% unjust to change the fundamental properties of the goods-producing GBs in the Modern Era. You advertised them as providing goods from the age we're currently in, and changing that now qualifies as a "bait and switch" move. Not okay.

Please rethink this, Anwar.

If you want to slow down production of ME goods, why not increase the production times? But leave the GBs and wishing wells providing what they were advertised as providing!

Or if you think we'll really want the GBs and wells to spew out Colonial goods instead of current ones, at least set them to spew goods from the ME and the Colonial Age in random rotation.

Or if we're now supposed to raze our current GBs to build new ones that do provide current goods, tell us that, and make sure we get a fair return when we sell our current GBs (for example 2/3rds of the blueprints for the new one!)

Please, Anwar. You know I adore you but this is real far from okay.

DeletedUser

good idea: increase the output of the goods buildings
5 CA goods --> 10 ME goods in 5 hours boosted
and double the required goods

but the great buildings still produces the modern era goods

Gerbil

Merchant
Please reconsider

Dear Devs,
Please reconsider this Beta implementation of GB Goods production in the Modern Era.
I am loving the concept of combining Goods from previous eras but find the 'nerfing' of GBs to be unfair.

What is the reason? This we need to understand too.
If you want players to have to have ME production buildings (rather than letting GBs do the work) then why not alter the GBs to provide a production bonus for ME Goods rather than producing CA Goods (yuck).

I think that you risk a lot of discontent if you keep with it as it is.

Players don't mind something new but if you change something existing for the worse (as we now see it) then they will feel cheated.

For all of our sakes - please reconsider.

"Risk discontent", Gerbil? ^^ -- I think it's already here and it is also a safe bet to forsee a giant sh*tstorm if this was advertised now in the live server communities. To quote forespeakers, it is unjust, a game breaker, it is like going back on your word. And this is no small thing when you take into account how much time and effort players have invested into nursing their GBs into fruitition.
I do see how the great many GBs now in existance would undermine the new concept of creating modern goods -- but this is not the problem of the players who have been playing the game for years. I think, it probably wouldn't be any problem if the game started anew today. But this game is a chistmas present spoon-fed over several years and, of course, the creative mind explored all manner of uses its parts can be of within that kind of time which cannot all be forseen by the game's creator. The goal of the creator cannot then be to revise the whole game but to be creative himself and find constructive solutions -- and not setting loose the crow bar to (formerly) vital parts of the game. Cuts the like Mink suggested would be bad enough considering the promise inscribed on the GBs and I would strongly advise to find another solution. If you go ahead like this, you will alienate very, very many faithful players, me being one of them; and I'm with FoE since its first day in public light.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4104

Esto es jugar con cartas marcadas, desde el principio se ha dicho que los GE producirán materiales de la época en la que te encuentres, es una tomadura de pelo a todos los jugadores. Estoy al igual que todos mis compañeros en contra de esta media, es anti popular y mucha gente abandonara el juego.

DeletedUser1264

Esto es jugar con cartas marcadas, desde el principio se ha dicho que los GE producirán materiales de la época en la que te encuentres, es una tomadura de pelo a todos los jugadores. Estoy al igual que todos mis compañeros en contra de esta media, es anti popular y mucha gente abandonara el juego.

See if I'm translating properly:
"This is cheating - from the start it's been said that GBs produce goods from your current age/era. This is a practical joke to all players. Like all my colleagues, I am against this change - it's anti-popular and many people will leave the game."