• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Polynesia settlement spoiler discussion

CrashBoom

Legend
Mine was a general discourse, not referring only and exclusively to you, but precisely to all the players who have cancelled cultural buildings. I don't think it is a problem for them to do a reset or change a set of scripts, however the fact remains that this phantom "restitution" would be yet another injustice on the part of InnoGames.
ok let's reset for all

you didn't earn those new values
you played for the old bad values

:rolleyes:

why should you get the new values? just because you didn't delete a building
not deleting a building doesn't deserve to get better values :rolleyes:

or just because of people like you I would prefer
the old keep their values. and for the new versions all players must play the settlements again
you kept your bad building. so keep it in the future with the old values
you want the good one: earn it :rolleyes:
because you didn't earn the new improved values. you played for current values
But on the fact that it is a "way" to entice new players to play cultural settlements is not disputed, however for the older generations of players who have written them off, it means making a mistake. Being a mistake, theoretically one should not return the buildings for free, without doing anything. It is really a matter of principle, objective.

ok let's reset for all

you didn't earn those new values
you played for the old bad values

why should you get the new values? just because you didn't delete a building
not deleting a building doesn't deserve to get better values :rolleyes:
I am putting the focus on one thing and you are talking and responding to me in another way! I am saying that only those who have cancelled buildings have to start again! That is, of course, if there are scripts and algorithms that allow you to do that, let's be clear.

LeonaRdo78

Merchant
If the construction is bad, store it in your inventory. Selling to an antique dealer is your personal problem. And the developers made the right decision. Those who sold to an antique dealer will receive the first level minus the cost of selling it to an antique dealer. With the opportunity to go through the cultural settlement again and collect the main prize in full. Step by step, month by month.

If the construction is bad, store it in your inventory. Selling to an antique dealer is your personal problem. And the developers made the right decision. Those who sold to an antique dealer will receive the first level minus the cost of selling it to an antique dealer. With the opportunity to go through the cultural settlement again and collect the main prize in full. Step by step, month by month.
Maybe I misspoke, but that's exactly what I'm trying to say!

CrashBoom

Legend
that doesn't make sense

why should someone just get the base building ?

if you force him to replay all upgrades then he just could also do level 1

and you really believe Inno has the stats for how much those buildings are sold to the dealer
it depends on 2h,8h, 24h or even 48h selling them
and probably they can't even check if they were sold to the dealer or deleted from the city

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
and that is why it is also fair to give them back if deleted/sold

players did it in the past.
and the reason why they were deleted was: they weren't good enough anymore.
but that changed but nobody could expect that to happen

I deleted a few time reward buildings. if they got buffed I won't get them back
but I could earn new ones.
I didn’t disagree on giving them back. They could even probably deduct the obtained :tradecoin::gems: if they really want to equalise the community. Those who’ve sold it did with the knowledge and information available at that time. Now it’s getting buffed they’re kind of locked out.
Imho it shouldn’t be possible to sell segment’s main rewards. As it could lead to locking themselves (accidentally) out. To an extend it should be the same with exclusive GbG champion’s rewards. Out of protection for player’s mistakes.

that doesn't make sense

why should someone just get the base building ?

if you force him to replay all upgrades then he just could also do level 1

and you really believe Inno has the stats for how much those buildings are sold to the dealer
it depends on 2h,8h, 24h or even 48h selling them
and probably they can't even check if they were sold to the dealer or deleted from the city
To be clear, I also agree that Cultural Settlement Buildings should be returned to the players who deleted them, but at the minimum level (Level 1). Crashboom how can you say it doesn't make sense? If you made a mistake, by deleting them, mistakes are paid for. I repeat the same applies with GEs: if I delete a GE at level 80, I would certainly have to restart from 1 and not 80 if I am going to put it back. I don't understand why we keep arguing about something obvious and self-evident.
But then really are discussions being created about the Antique Dealer? We are talking about a thousand coins and a dozen or so gems, no big deal in short, a general figure could be established that applies to everyone!

CrashBoom

Legend
Crashboom how can you say it doesn't make sense?
how does it make sense ?

how could giving the building at level 1 make any sense?

if you don't want to give it back completely then just reset settlements to 0

but giving just level 1 absolutely makes no sense

if I delete a GE at level 80, I would certainly have to restart from 1 and not 80
no you won't start from level 1
you would start from level 0

and if it would reset to level 0 why should the antiques dealer coins/gems be given back (in the one posting above)
players would have earned them
those only should be given back if the building is restored.

Last edited:
how does it make sense ?

how could giving level 1 make any sense?

if you don't want to give it back completely then just reset settlements to 0

but giving just level 1 absolutely makes no sense

no you won't start from level 1
you would start from level 0
But it is always obvious that in addition to the restitution at the basic level (Level 1) of the Buildings of Cultural Settlements must be attached the possibility of restarting from the beginning in the cultural settlement.

doc01

Farmer
I think the right thing is to give the possibility of being able to regain the various buildings... as the settlements are currently structured, this possibility does not exist

CrashBoom

Legend
who deleted or sell it..then play again...very simple

it was your decision..now you are screaming:)
you want settlement buildings with better stats
then play again ... very simple

let the current buildings how they are
reset the settlements and put the buildings with the new stats in it

it was your decision to still have the building with the old stats.

I think the right thing is to give the possibility of being able to regain the various buildings
the right thing would be:
new better buildings must be earned. but just changed the old buildings

doc01

Farmer
I meant this: whoever kept the old building (on the map or in the warehouse) finds it updated, whoever removed it can have it by retracing the route

mcbluefire

Baronet
Settlements are not fun. Sorry, never enjoyed doing any of them. Absolute tedium coupled with stress to get the maximum amount of fragments for the timed buildings (back when they were worth it). Never doing these again. Events drag out too long now, but at least you don't have to check in every 1 to 4 hours to keep things "on track".

Kronan

Viceroy
Settlements are not fun. Sorry, never enjoyed doing any of them. Absolute tedium coupled with stress to get the maximum amount of fragments for the timed buildings (back when they were worth it). Never doing these again. Events drag out too long now, but at least you don't have to check in every 1 to 4 hours to keep things "on track".

couple of thoughts here.
1) If you reconsider how "severe" the tedium is with the perspective that the TIME-REWARD are being (currently) downplayed, it puts a new spin on it. I think if people chose to play it without the extra goal of the settlement's time rewards, it can take longer but you'll feel unencumbered and in the end - it's still rewarding.

2) I feel like you do about Settlements, but about QI (and to some degree, GbG). They just demand to much time - life doesn't work in 4 hour parcels for most adults. As well, in QI, the city goes poof in 11 days - troubling my inner being that I built something that repeatedly gets destroyed. It has too much Sisyphus in it for me.

At least with settlements - you do hit a BIG goal and the settlement city culminates just for that. I feel it can then be allowed to rest since it's served you so well.

Last edited:

mcbluefire

Baronet
couple of thoughts here.
1) If you reconsider how "severe" the tedium is with the perspective that the TIME-REWARD are being (currently) downplayed, it puts a new spin on it. I think if people chose to play it without the extra goal of the settlement's time rewards, it can take longer but you'll feel unencumbered and in the end - it's still rewarding.

2) I feel like you do about Settlements, but about QI (and to some degree, GbG). They just demand to much time - life doesn't work in 4 hour parcels for most adults. As well, in QI, the city goes poof in 11 days - troubling my inner being that I built something that repeatedly gets destroyed. It has too much Sisyphus in it for me.

At least with settlements - you do hit a BIG goal and the settlement city culminates just for that. I feel it can then be allowed to rest since it's served you so well.
I'd love to think so, my friend, but I'd still find myself checking in every 1-4 hours to keep it moving because if I'm going to do something I want to get it done. Yep, the stress of the timed reward will be gone, but there will still be the stress of restarting it again to get the next portion of the main building. Granted the Emissaries are almost worth it now. Yet, the reality of less taxing (remember there is also strategy in figuring out best settlement arrangement - over and over) events with more rewarding buldings will likely keep me away. I agree, at least the settlements have an end game! But it's those 10-15 tedius tasks in between release and finish that isn't enduring to me. Why I never tried Aztec and quickly gave up after 3 runs of Moghuls. I feel like I made the correct ROI decision then and am willing to stand by that now.

QI isn't very time demanding. Check in 10 hours, 1 hour, 9 more hours. It's basically touch base on it three times a day. Of course, I'm in a very tough but small guild of 8 in beta so the map is like watching paint dry. I just can't bear the idea of redoing the settlement every two weeks - yawn!

GBG is also tedium. If it isn't the drain of day 1 politics and deciding the map it's the recurring, "hey guild a, are you around? No? Guild b? How about Guild C? No? Okay....we'll be back later." Slip, slip, and more slip on swaps. Used to be 4.5 hours could be acheived some seasons now we are lucky if 6 hours is achieved versus 14. I totally get it - smaller guilds can't fork over 200K+ goods per day to keep up with us. It's lunacy, but they want that 1/2 of the map even if they can't keep up with it. :/ Following the "dev" announcement that they were looking to remove tedium (repetitive tasks) it's mind numbing that they then turned around and released two of the most repetitive systems back to back!

Up next GB's need a huge revamp or we won't have anything to spend our FORGE of empire POINTS on....and then where will we be?

Kronan

Viceroy
@mcbluefire
Definitely hear you on a few more of your points. Hope you'll agree but if (and when) I ever start a new city (doubtful in reality...), the first thing I push hard for is to race to a point where I remove ALL coin and supply 1 hour, 4 hour and 8 hours items ASAP, to get the city cycle to 24 for everything in the city --- fast.

BIG PUSH.

Al the venues are like that, it's in their DNA. The only one that really isn't is GE - and it so nice to know that if I'm capitalized with enough medals, I can do 80 in 1 hour, if I wanted to or ...take a week.

I like the fact that GE doesn't beckon you back with timers, and you can pay to go forward if you want to. We all make tons of medals, and if managed right, GE affords total flexibility.

But yeah - GvG (May it rest in peace) had a quasi-timer (8pm server time), and GbG has many of them, and so do other "tedious" things, even QI and events, etc.

But settlements - has 24 hour timers, so if you wanted it to be a reeeeeeeally extended session to get your upgrade, you don't have to punch the clock @ 4 hours, and could get the item with less efficiency or perfection. Entirely possible.

Again, thinking about that - so yes, so MUCH has eclipsed what GBs do, why even get them anymore? Why take a CAPE to level 60 when you can BG double a Celtic Tavern to that level each and every day with a BG @ level 91 and a probability of doing it @ 70%

I'll take it.

People are so used to starting new cities and off they go.......lift it, lift it, lift it...

Why?

They don't realize there is a NEW GAME - 90% of the GBs in this game are superfluous. Going the way of the dodo bird, for sure, unless something is done to change their trajectory.

My beta city lives THE new FoE:

CF first and immediately (to 10) --> 1 or 2 event cycles = buildings from each
--------------------------------------> Arc (to 80) --> Zeus (to 10) --> BG (10 --> 38 --> 91)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------> HC (to 10) for fun and rolling the dice.

The rest is recurring and filling in holes with event buildings.

who need more than that?

My bad - yeah - I need an AO :)

Yeah, so that's it. It's works fabulously.

Last edited:

mcbluefire

Baronet
Yep, I got my city to every 8 hours as soon as possible (had Mag Opus for a while), then once every 24 hours - and that's where it belongs. But GBG every 24 hours would be as dumb as GVG was. Show up at 8pm server time for 15-45 minutes or you missed it! For GBG could do with double the hits every 8 hours... but then I could just see the excuse list compounded on why it's so hard to get x hits in a season.

But, no, I really wouldn't be interested in setting a settlement on a 24 hour timer - already have too much to do on my collections routine, don't need another 20 minute+ activity to help it slip every day. Yeah, yeah - I get it- have it be at another time in the day... it's a good argument, just can't imagine doing the insanity again.

Speaking of GE, I do wish they would put up an alert over it when there are advances ready.. It's so ridiculous as a guild leader to have to follow up with folks who thought they were done but really have more to go. But with you on not needing to touch it more than every 8 hours or so.

I'll still take my guaranteed Cape collection each day. I recommend it to everyone that doesn't have Arc180. Velocity of FP as you know... Totally agree many GBs are on the chopping block or have been chopped at this point. IT, gone. HS,gone. RAH - okay should never have had but it helped in the initial space age supply collection shock. :p Inno will likely revamp them making all of us who sold them off have something to spend FP on again.

Arguably don't even need the quad of attack boost buildings anymore. Just go through a few events and you'll be well beyond their pitiful almost 300/300 boost at L101. ToR is just about selling junk to AD. SMB? Okay this one has a ways to go if you're going to go after SAT GBs. LoA? not really needed. SV? If you like getting diamonds and goods from hood+guild+friends, sure. HC is actually getting silly when a SAT player can collect 15K+ FP a day between collections, Arc on drop threads, and BG...but it gives a respectable bit of goods on average - I figure roughly 4.5/goods/day/sqr on average @L91. Like you said BG is a new must and that's because of the event buildings. AO is only needed if trying to hit high attrition in BG.