• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Polynesia settlement spoiler discussion

Dessire

Regent
Beautiful art, too bad that level of art is not used for create beautiful buildings for our cities and as new terrain for our cities.

It's nice that they are pumping some new blood into the settlement aspect of the game. By the looks of it, this will be another classic settlement because it has impediments, 4 buildings that produce goods, diplomacy buildings etc. The minigame will be something novel of course.

If this thing is released in the summer of 2024 and if takes around 6 months to complete like the other settlements then the maxed reward building should be a lot better than the event buildings of Spring 2025. Otherwise I won't bother with it. I'll probably complete lvl 1 just to get a feel of the settlement but if the reward is not worthwhile I will leave it be after that.

CrashBoom

Legend
If this thing is released in the summer of 2024 and if takes around 6 months to complete like the other settlements then the maxed reward building should be a lot better than the event buildings of Spring 2025. Otherwise I won't bother with it. I'll probably complete lvl 1 just to get a feel of the settlement but if the reward is not worthwhile I will leave it be after that.
it should still be good in 2026 :rolleyes:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
If it gets a unique buff, it'll remain relevant. For example at highest level -20% time for exploring new provinces/continents, AF/OF ports & exploration sites. It'll be useful to advance quicker on the cmap, quicker through AF/OF and space ages. This is just an example of an possible unique timeless facilitating buff

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
that isn't relevant to end game players :rolleyes:

a new bonus should also be useful to players at the end ;)
It's not April's fools day, lol. An end-game GB bonus should be useful for endgame players. An settlement like this likely gets unlocked in early ages. So, the bonus should be useful throughout the ages towards the endgame.

Faster explorations and expeditions speeding up the process to get to the endgame. For space age players it's useful to speed up special goods collecting.

Kronan

Viceroy
Not to muddy the waters, and while this is exciting because it's new and shiny - a better strategy (complementary) for the company would be to address mid-life kickers in ALL the other settlements if they could think of ways to do that.

The prizes for time invested in Vikings, Japan, etc. used to be EPIC for the main game, but now pale in comparison to what we can earn in a few weeks from an event.

To revitalize and freshen all of the other settlements, Inno should review and appoint new kits or upgrade modules in some of the current Settlement venues, to make them more relevant again.

Fun as they were (are), new players are being advised to "not bother" with original settlement venues/efforts because the prizes are quite dated, and for their time in the game now, best to learn and understand/play events to their max for time, and their diamonds/money.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Not to muddy the waters, and while this is exciting because it's new and shiny - a better strategy (complementary) for the company would be to address mid-life kickers in ALL the other settlements if they could think of ways to do that.

The prizes for time invested in Vikings, Japan, etc. used to be EPIC for the main game, but now pale in comparison to what we can earn in a few weeks from an event.

To revitalize and freshen all of the other settlements, Inno should review and appoint new kits or upgrade modules in some of the current Settlement venues, to make them more relevant again.

Fun as they were (are), new players are being advised to "not bother" with original settlement venues/efforts because the prizes are quite dated, and for their time in the game now, best to learn and understand/play events to their max for time, and their diamonds/money.
Like I've said before. They can just add copper to crystal upgrades in the old settlements. With copper making them as powerful as modern event buildings. With each upgrade bumping it relatively up by 50%+. Down the line introducing unique buffs can help them maintaining relevancy. At least for kickstarting cities. Endgame cities are post-scares.
If no unique buffs are viable to add retroactively. They can always opt to just add 10%:fpboost: with the crystal upgrades or giving a generous amount of castle points for each special upgrade. Even just adding an generous amount of castle points upon completion of settlement and giving 20%, 50% and 100% bonus castle points for bronze, silver and golden timeframes respectively would making the settlements somewhat more relevant again long term. There are many ways to making them relevant and timeless again

GateKeeper

Baronet

Agreed... should add a "gold" type level to the past settlements. A lot of new players are missing out on some fun prior settlements cause the buildings are outdated.

Bonus buff so the permafrost drone exclusively get +1000 defense, that ought to be enough for end game players. :p

Really hoping that the devs don't confuse "fun challenge" with "screw you players, suffer!!" again like from the mougals/vikings. Maybe there'll be a boat minigame, I hope it's surfing and not a different rendition of the city boats where you pay to send the boat for stuff.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Really hoping that the devs don't confuse "fun challenge" with "screw you players, suffer!!" again like from the mougals/vikings. Maybe there'll be a boat minigame, I hope it's surfing and not a different rendition of the city boats where you pay to send the boat for stuff.
I hope so too. I've suggested for example something that is in theme and not that difficult in my original suggestion for the settlement

a new bonus should also be useful to players at the end ;)
If space colonies would grant a special building or better yet an emissary, I would've agreed with you. As a matter of fact. It would be quite interesting if it'll be implemented. With every space you've advanced to unlock an extremely powerful emissary from the colony you've granted independence. It would've even made sense and would've made advancing through space ages feel more rewarding.
However we're talking about a cultural settlement. Which is likely unlocked pre-progressive era. So, hopefully it'll be something useful for any age from which it's unlocked

Kronan

Viceroy
Bonus buff so the permafrost drone exclusively get +1000 defense, that ought to be enough for end game players. :p

There is a word for that! Actually a German word for that: schadenfreude.