• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Opinion on troops grouped according to health

RonTeddy

Merchant
Parts I do like versus parts I find disturbing...
1 like that the wounded troups are not anymore in the overall oversight of troups
2 dont like that troups in the actual fight oversight are changing positions according to their health stage. Especially for fast fighting folks or folks with less then 100 % eyessight/vision/visability this is a problem. Whilst one can have in view left and right and a certain split of the troups it is really hard to allways follow the troup types selected vs their health and type in combination.....
Hope I could made my point clear....
Perfectly clarified for me, thank you

almadies

Farmer
Hello
I like the new system for units that are not selected
on the other hand, for the selected army, once it has fought, I don't like it at all! I preferred the old system

Fdm1407

Merchant
In the FoE settings you can only change the stacking function, but not the exploded image in the army selection window
Thx, found it. Also not ideal but i guess i will get used to it rapidly again

doesn't work either, the injured still move in selected army

Tudor Almighty

Merchant
I hate that it's first grouped by health and second by type, I liked how it was before, first, by type and second, by health. It's a total mess right now.

Alma65

Merchant
It slows down my fighting: If a unit is hurt only by one or two dots, I can still use it in the battle. But now I do not see anymore if I have my units with the correct amounts as the completly fit and the slightly injured units are no more together.
This change makes only sense for player that are really slow because they exchnge every even slightly injured units. For all the others that have been fast by estimating which unit they can still use, this is a desaster.

Rogues are in front of ALL wounded units, Rogues are exactly after Your stacked units, not after the wounded units.

View attachment 10390
this isn't the issue. THe issue is the actual troops which have been selected to fight with. I suppose if you're fighting in any era with 8 of the same troop then of course you'll love the change. However those of us who still use rogues to fight it's horrendous per the OP.

this isn't the issue. THe issue is the actual troops which have been selected to fight with. I suppose if you're fighting in any era with 8 of the same troop then of course you'll love the change. However those of us who still use rogues to fight it's horrendous per the OP.
Not sure what you're seeing because all damaged units go behind the rouges, so it's actually solved all problems with army management by putting all healthy units first. Unless you want to use damaged rouges ????

-Alin-

Emperor

I use rogues in Titan aswell, no problems for me, Its actually better now with grouped units, full in left injured in right despite their order, its much easier to change the injured ones now.
Issue is at the people, they got used to the old other and they don't want to adapt to the newer one which I find far batter that the older one, simple as that.

beta army management.jpg
So this is rogues behind all the troops? this is the actual fighting army. if all I need to replace are the real troops now it's chasing them down in the army window. Not talking about the lower troop selection part. If you can fight faster chasing to replace troops,, then good on ya.beta army mgt.jpg

Why can't they just do the army pool for damaged units and not the ones selected for fighting. GVG going away is already got me looking for a new game ( along with a couple dozen friends) but if the selected army gets lumped into the change for the army pool that's going to be the straw. I'm waiting to see how it rolls out before sending another dime on this game. Save it for something that's playable.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Now that it's on Live too, I do have to say, it will takes some time to get used to it, it really hurts the muscle memory. But I think I'll be fine with this change, few days, 1-2 weeks and don't think I'll still have issue with it.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I had done some speed testing and this is what I got from this daft of a feature.

Out of 150 fights (sample size):
• 30 times I would get a defeat screen because somehow the formation had all rogues instead of that one unit. This happens when I was speed clearing the formation and the flesh wound of a regular unit was taken out as well; and I rapid click in all the rogues to get the fight going.
• 25 times I would put in a unit that was supposed to be in formation with a unit that was supposed to be removed while replacing all the rogues. I didn't lose the battle most of the time but I did lose rogues because of the unit that was weak to the army I was facing.
• The other fights, I had to slow down so I can look to see which units I need to replace (rogue or regular).

Whoever said this was quicker, I would love to take you out back with a very thick phone book :mad:

The only way I can have my sanity (and eyes) saved is if Inno comes up with the "preset" option.

Arch1e

Marquis
if Inno comes up with the "preset" option.
Don’t give anyone any more ideas of what more they can do. This is an awful change to have made, if they can’t change it back, or sort it so the selected army window is untouched, they need to revert to what it was until they can. Instead of adding yet another setting where we can opt out, which is what a lot of people did for unit stacking too. What is the point of adding features that then require additional features to sort out?