• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Opinion on troops grouped according to health

Thunderdome

Emperor
Yet, my eyes are having trouble to lock-on the regular unit(s) in use. There were a few instances where I put in an additional unit thinking the previous had died. This is coming from an auto battle "click happy" person, lol.

Rosiemarrie

Steward
Just wait until GbG and your fights per minute decrease, then we'll see who still likes it. Your scan time is doubled having to look back and forth to see what needs to be replaced and what can stay.

I do a LOT of fighting in GbG but I still like that the damaged troops are at the end. It speeds up replacing the damaged ones with healthy ones.

I do have a LOT of troops. Traz (and just winning them), supply more troops than I can use. Even in the days of zero attrition I rarely ran out of healthy ones. Now with the 20% minimum attrition I have no chance of running out.

I have found this far faster for fighting GbG.

magisterplx

Farmer
Wrong, fights are way way way faster now, lot faster.
Also You can sit with all units tab opened and You can make combos of Jupiter with Titan, even venus dragons and flying units.

And is zero impediment the modification factor of injured units on the selected units, i'd say is much better now to have units injured at the end, no more mouse movement while removing injured units and selecting newer ones.

Great QoL update so far!
Of course, you're right about if you only use troops... But if you use Rougues in combat, can you explain to us where you go to find them, when you gradually accumulate wounded units?
Too bad that you forgot and omitted this detail!
The Rougues must be placed first for this new change to make sense, be advantageous for us and not waste our time for going looking for them.
This is my opinion.

-Alin-

Emperor
Of course, you're right about if you only use troops... But if you use Rougues in combat, can you explain to us where you go to find them, when you gradually accumulate wounded units?
Too bad that you forgot and omitted this detail!
The Rougues must be placed first for this new change to make sense, be advantageous for us and not waste our time for going looking for them.
This is my opinion.
Rogues are in front of wounded units aswell.
If You are Playing on mobile the update isn't out yet.
Only on PC.

magisterplx

Farmer
Rogues are in front of wounded units aswell.
If You are Playing on mobile the update isn't out yet.
Only on PC.
Exact! But if you want to find them (even from PC!) and you have a very long slot of wounded units to find the Rougues you waste a lot of time,...much more than before!
I continue to say that in my opinion healthy Rougues must be placed first, ahead of all other units.
Bye

-Alin-

Emperor
Exact! But if you want to find them (even from PC!) and you have a very long slot of wounded units to find the Rougues you waste a lot of time,...much more than before!
I continue to say that in my opinion healthy Rougues must be placed first, ahead of all other units.
Bye

Rogues are in front of ALL wounded units, Rogues are exactly after Your stacked units, not after the wounded units.

Screenshot_20231122-154044.png

RonTeddy

Merchant
I have now activated the stacking function. However, I have to get used to it - but I recognize that it can be an advantage. I only have the opportunity to try it out after the reset. If that succeeds, I will change my previous opinion..

Last edited:

Silly Beaver

Merchant
Wrong, fights are way way way faster now, lot faster.
Also You can sit with all units tab opened and You can make combos of Jupiter with Titan, even venus dragons and flying units.

And is zero impediment the modification factor of injured units on the selected units, i'd say is much better now to have units injured at the end, no more mouse movement while removing injured units and selecting newer ones.

Great QoL update so far!
Really it takes no longer! If I am fighting with little to no attrition and some of my troops only take a single hit, I will play them until they get too close to dying. I will only refresh 1 or 2 and hit the auto battle button. Now there is a hodge podge of troops piled at the end, grouped by damage not kind that I can either sort through or like I think you are suggesting, delete them all and add new. Sorting takes time and if I delete 4 instead of 2 then that is 2 more clicks which takes more time. Where is the time savings?

Really it takes no longer! If I am fighting with little to no attrition and some of my troops only take a single hit, I will play them until they get too close to dying. I will only refresh 1 or 2 and hit the auto battle button. Now there is a hodge podge of troops piled at the end, grouped by damage not kind that I can either sort through or like I think you are suggesting, delete them all and add new. Sorting takes time and if I delete 4 instead of 2 then that is 2 more clicks which takes more time. Where is the time savings?
I'm liking this new iteration of stacking. For me, the time savings is obvious. I'm in SAT but mostly fight with SAJM Gliders. Between battles, the management screen defaults to ranged units (Harpoons). This means, to refresh units, I first have to click on the "fast unit" tab in order to get to the Gliders. Then, I can fill open spots and/or replace damaged units. With the new stacking all of the healthy SAJM units are displayed as default. I save one click every time I need to refresh my attacking army.

RonTeddy

Merchant
After a test run today with the stacking function activated and a total of 589,355 battles (2 cities), my conclusion - I'm no faster than before. I could be faster if it weren't for the colorful soup in the army selection window. The eye needs a moment to grasp the situation and sort it out - that takes far too long. Silly Beaver #31 (I do what he does when fighting) accurately described it as hodge podge. I therefore ask for the old style in the army selection window, otherwise I will have a new brake on fun in the game.

Thunderdome

Emperor
The way I see of it, it's kind of like this:

Healthy Set
First: Range Units (Regular)
Second: Artillery (Regular)
Third: Heavy (Regular)
Fourth: Light (Regular)
Fifth: Fast (Regular)
Sixth: Champion (Special)
Seventh: Rogue (Special)
Eighth: Military Drummer (Special)
Ninth: Color Guard (Special)

When in Formation - Healthy
Regular Units (by order in Healthy Set; 1-5) then Special Units (by order in Healthy Set; 6-9)

When in Formation - Healthy vs Damaged (After Battle)
Healthy Regular Units then Healthy Special Units then Damaged Regular Units then Damaged Special Units

1700724553616.png

It's still a "meh" from me as I am still trying to keep my eyes focused as I had gotten used to taking out the damaged regular units and rogues in the past; now, I have to train them eyes so I can tell myself my regular unit is not dead (I had placed the other hover tank in to see how the layout was going to be like when it comes to separating the healthy from the damaged).

Alma65

Merchant
It makes me so much slower and confused - I hate it!

What I would love to see would be the possibility to hide wounded units at the screen selection (and only there!). But this chaos now kills my overview over the units that I actually have selected and makes me much slower when selecting the units that I want to use.
With the changes now the units neverthless change their place the more units are hurt. Thus I still need to keep an eye on where to klick but now I see some units twice and need to search which ones are the healthy ones.
Please don´t keep this current changes.

This change is great and long overdue. When unit stacking first happened players begged and begged for this very change, move all wounded to the right. In this case you really do get what you ask for.... Roll it out to live worlds immediately or sooner please!

Parts I do like versus parts I find disturbing...
1 like that the wounded troups are not anymore in the overall oversight of troups
2 dont like that troups in the actual fight oversight are changing positions according to their health stage. Especially for fast fighting folks or folks with less then 100 % eyessight/vision/visability this is a problem. Whilst one can have in view left and right and a certain split of the troups it is really hard to allways follow the troup types selected vs their health and type in combination.....
Hope I could made my point clear....