• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 6th March

DeletedUser

when will come something really useful ?

like a button "never give me this recurring quest again"
that would be something the players want and need.

or look in the idea forums of the servers to find something players want
and I bet nobody ever proposed that new button

DeletedUser7858

here is the correct place ^^
bar_rightixzyr.png
First of all, stop treating us like we are all 10 year olds and are too dumb to figure things out. Second, if new players don;t know about opening the Town hall, put a direction in the starting tutorial. Third if you desperately need to install a button make it one that opens the Tavern instead of having us scroll all over the screen to access it. If you insist on keeping that stupid button, have it open the Town Hall to the news tab as default. In case you don;t know some of us players pump forge points into other player's great building 2 or 3 times a day. We sure as heck don't check out what boots we have that often. (maybe once or twice a week). Most of all please stop adding double/triple redundant stuff that contributes to the lag.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Given the bar directly above the new button gives information on the boosts, it might as well if we have to have it be in the suggested position within the scroll menu. I just can't understand why it's now the landing page in the town hall and has it's own special button, and yet it's so much more difficult to access your GB donation history. Or is there something new coming up for our GB donations to let you know if you dropped a spot, have been overtaken and can still re-take your spot? If it's all for babying new players then a "good deals in your neighbourhood" button to let you know where is currently a good investment return for your FP's.

DeletedUser5160

And once again our feedback is ignored and we have no hints that this useless feature maybe considered to be removed......... If this is for the "mobile first" philosophy you all are going to go towards, does this button really add that much value? Can anyone on a mobile device attest if this is useful?

DeletedUser6705

"A new entry point for Boost Overview is available when you are in your city, as an icon below the general city buffs. Whenever a new boost is applied or expires, this icon will show an indicator (similar to the ones quests have) pointing to that change."

Totally useless! I hope that will not be implemented on live servers.

And since when has any feedback on Beta been taken into consideration when pushing content out to the live servers :p

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
And once again our feedback is ignored and we have no hints that this useless feature maybe considered to be removed......... If this is for the "mobile first" philosophy you all are going to go towards, does this button really add that much value? Can anyone on a mobile device attest if this is useful?
Feedback isn't "ignored", it's being passed along. This was only added on Thursday, and in general unless a decision of some type has already been made that can be shared, there is nothing to respond with.

Everything can be considered, which is not the same as being done. Adjustments are more likely to take place, removal less so. It's added in the first place for a reason and that reason hasn't gone away. As pointed out when the Boost Overview window was introduced, there's a clear hint of there being more bonuses that can be activated in the future. Which also means that the current feedback is partial and not based on the whole picture (we had the boost overview window, now access to it, let's wait and see what's next).

Achaeus

Marquis
I appreciate the new entry point, I only wish it opened to the Event History instead, but as Darkstar said maybe there is a reason for it to open to the Boosts. We will just have to wait and see.

DeletedUser7779

Feedback isn't "ignored", it's being passed along. This was only added on Thursday, and in general unless a decision of some type has already been made that can be shared, there is nothing to respond with.

Everything can be considered, which is not the same as being done. Adjustments are more likely to take place, removal less so. It's added in the first place for a reason and that reason hasn't gone away. As pointed out when the Boost Overview window was introduced, there's a clear hint of there being more bonuses that can be activated in the future. Which also means that the current feedback is partial and not based on the whole picture (we had the boost overview window, now access to it, let's wait and see what's next).

With all due respect Darkstar, but why do we have a shortcut to the boost overview when clicking on Town Hall does exactly the same? I'd understand if clicking on Town Hall showed event history as default (like it used to be), but now we have 2 ways of accessing the same boost window and both require 1 click. Looks pretty useless to me.
While I agree we might not be seeing the "whole picture" and more stuff is to be added soon, I still find it unnecessary to have it that way. Would the devs consider keeping the button but reverting town hall to what it was? Like many people mentioned, town hall is used mainly to access event history and check GB contributions.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
With all due respect Darkstar, but why do we have a shortcut to the boost overview when clicking on Town Hall does exactly the same? I'd understand if clicking on Town Hall showed event history as default (like it used to be), but now we have 2 ways of accessing the same boost window and both require 1 click. Looks pretty useless to me.
While I agree we might not be seeing the "whole picture" and more stuff is to be added soon, I still find it unnecessary to have it that way. Would the devs consider keeping the button but reverting town hall to what it was? Like many people mentioned, town hall is used mainly to access event history and check GB contributions.
It's not just a 'shortcut', it also indicates when a new boost expires or is activated. That's one of the reasons why it's there. Regarding items being considered, as mentioned above everything is considered - not everything will be acted upon though.

Pafton

Viceroy
Just to let everyone know, the new boost overview entry will be temporarily removed with one of the updates the following few days. It will be reworked with taking the feedback from here in account. :)
Thank you! This is one of the best news that you have told us over the past few weeks. Unfortunately it also coincides with your departure as CM. Wishing you all the best of luck in whatever future endeavours you may undertake. :)

• The Event History window now has improved performance so it should load faster.
This needs to be downgraded. Event History is now significantly slower. It may load faster when it opens but, the cost is every page "turn" is preceded by a spinning Loading wheel. When AIDing using the Event History and opening 30 pages, that adds up to 30 lagging page loads. The previous version of Event History may have taken longer to load at start-up but, afterwards the other pages opened smoothly without lag.

If this new Event History goes Live, it will add a massive amount of time to an already time-consuming task of AIDing across 10 worlds when I will have to wait on 300+ spinning Loading wheels. I would much rather wait the current extra few seconds for the entire Event History to load at start-up then wait for 30 pages to individually load on each of 10 worlds.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
  • The Event History window now has improved performance so it should load faster.
This needs to be downgraded. Event History is now significantly slower. It may load faster when it opens but, the cost is every page "turn" is preceded by a spinning Loading wheel. When AIDing using the Event History and opening 30 pages, that adds up to 30 lagging page loads. The previous version of Event History may have taken longer to load at start-up but, afterwards the other pages opened smoothly without lag.

If this new Event History goes Live, it will add a massive amount of time to an already time-consuming task of AIDing across 10 worlds when I will have to wait on 300+ spinning Loading wheels. I would much rather wait the current extra few seconds for the entire Event History to load at start-up then wait for 30 pages to individually load on each of 10 worlds.
It may be different, but shouldn't be slower in general. :) All the pages are not loaded right away, so they load individually when you get to them. In that sense if it takes you a second between each pages, this would have resulted in a much bigger loading time when it initially appeared. But that's not the only change, as there was also background work done so that it is "lighter" and takes less loading time in general.

It may be different, but shouldn't be slower in general. :) All the pages are not loaded right away, so they load individually when you get to them. In that sense if it takes you a second between each pages, this would have resulted in a much bigger loading time when it initially appeared. But that's not the only change, as there was also background work done so that it is "lighter" and takes less loading time in general.

As I am still using the "old" Event History on the Live Servers, I can clearly see a significant lag between each page load here compared to Live. For one, there are no spinning Loading wheels on the Live servers and near instant loading of pages while the spinning Loading wheels are occuring on every page change here.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
As I am still using the "old" Event History on the Live Servers, I can clearly see a significant lag between each page load here compared to Live. For one, there are no spinning Loading wheels on the Live servers and near instant loading of pages while the spinning Loading wheels are occuring on every page change here.
As pointed out in the previous reply the previous version loads all event history pages at once (big initial load). The new version only loads the window and the first page - each page will then be loaded individually as you move back to those other pages (small load for each page). So the behavior you're describing is how it is meant to work.

DeletedUser5160

As pointed out in the previous reply the previous version loads all event history pages at once (big initial load). The new version only loads the window and the first page - each page will then be loaded individually as you move back to those other pages (small load for each page). So the behavior you're describing is how it is meant to work.
That's horrible. I'd rather have everything load at once than to be bothered with downtime between each page...

DeletedUser4285

The loading time for the history event depends on how players use it.
For someone like me the current way is great as I found it annoying whenever the thing would take some time before opening up.
For others who aid through the history event the previous loading style was perfect.

The loading time for the history event depends on how players use it.
For someone like me the current way is great as I found it annoying whenever the thing would take some time before opening up.
For others who aid through the history event the previous loading style was perfect.

Exactly. I never really paid much attention to the initial load time and was surprised at how long it takes to actually load. That being said, waiting as much as 5 seconds for the Event History is far better then 30 one-second page loads per world. AIDing via the Event History on 11 worlds goes from waiting 55 seconds for 11 five-second initial loads to waiting 5½ minutes for 330 individual page loads over 11 worlds. Trading nearly a minute for old EH for 5½ minutes for the new EH is not a good trade.