• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 3rd June

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Addonexus

Farmer
First of all, the people that are happy with this are those that did not finish the settlements from variuos reasons. And Inno are playing on this card, because this will make most people happy, most will get more than they earned. Only a few on each world finished settlements. i Know most on my world didnt do more than a few settlements. Why? Simply because the settlement rewards were NOT WORTH doing.
SO now the settlements will be worth doing for these rewards, and more people will do them and spend diamonds to spped them up. DIAMONDS = MONEY. Those that finish the settlement already spent the money, or they did it with a lot effort (whoever didnt do 15+ settlements all on time cant really speak, once you do this we can debate what is fair).
So why Inno are giving 3 fragments to everyone instead what people earnt? Because this will bring more money, happy people with freebies for doing nothing that will spend money in future, and unhappy few people that will feel ripped off.
+1 for increasing the settlement rewards, at least now will be worth doing them, but
-1 for ripping off the most active players that dont look for freebies, but just for what they earnt
However, i did notice some positive changes in how Inno are dealing with problems lately compared to the past, so maybe they will do the right thing this time, who knows. I have been ripped off by Inno a few times in the past, i hope not again

DeletedUser

So why Inno are giving 3 fragments to everyone instead what people earnt? Because this will bring more money, happy people with freebies for doing nothing that will spend money in future, and unhappy few people that will feel ripped off.
People who didn't spend money on diamonds for settlements but instead finished them in later term - they won't spend money in future either. Why? After all, they've been rewarded for that, right?

I did 9 settlements on my main so far - some in first term, some not even in the last term, because they are boring and crappy, I just want eventually my Yggdrasil and do not care for runestones. I will be rewarded for my lazy attitude - those, who cared and spend money, they just will be pissed off...

Nice way to treat their customers - I see no improvement in Inno's care about them, sorry.

qaccy

Emperor
Even after all this time, people still don't understand starting early is one of the largest advantages you can have in this game. The sooner you get something, the better. Doesn't matter how much faster someone's able to do it later if you've already been reaping the benefits of having it long before they do.

This really isn't much different from things like SoKs and Rogue Hideouts becoming easier to obtain as the years have gone by. I spent heavily on SoKs when they were a new thing, but these days not only could I obtain far more of them for an overall lower cost, there are better buildings available that I've even had to remove those purchased SoKs to make room for them. Should I join in on the complaining because special buildings have gotten more powerful and/or easier to obtain over the years? Am I upset that I wasted money and/or effort acquiring those buildings only to replace them later or because they're cheaper now? No, because I've continued to increase the value of the buildings in my city right along with the better offerings and I enjoyed the advantages of having all those SoKs at a time when most people did not. Much like how I'll enjoy the advantages of being multiple settlement clears ahead of anyone who's only just now starting to do them.

Miepie

Baronet
@qaccy, what exactly is your point? That it is fair because I had runestones earlier? Better redo your math because you've miscalculating here. It would have been better to do the 25 cycle first because that one is no longer an option, so no option for those fools like me who first did the settlement, thinking the 25 fp cycle would be there after I'd finished. But not only that, starting those blasted complete settlements now, will get you not the SAME amount of Runestone shards, but 3 more per round, that's (imagining you're doing 15 cycles) 3 selection kits more!!! So no, in this case being fast did not pay off. The ones who were running the 25 cycle that start now are the ones laughing because they have a far better deal

But not only that, starting those blasted complete settlements now, will get you not the SAME amount of Runestone shards, but 3 more per round, that's (imagining you're doing 15 cycles) 3 selection kits more!!!

It will give you 6 more per round (so 6 more selection kits). They raised main reward from 9 to 15 fragments for maximum bonus.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Adjusted the Greater Rune fragments received per time threshold for the Viking settlement to be 9, 4 and 2 respectively (they were 6, 2, and 1 before). Everyone who has already completed Viking settlement will receive 3 fragments of the Greater Runestone, per completed settlement.

This is good, since it means that people who have finished the settlement up until the final Yggdrasil upgrade have 2 finished runestones instead of needing 2 more upgrades. That makes more sense, it allows for us to close the book on the settlement after that.

While I am sorry that the bonus quest rewards for 5 and 10 quests (the goods and fp's) were changed, I understand it. Having 25fp's every 29+ hours probably was not intended. ; )

Umbrathor

Baronet
@qaccy, what exactly is your point? That it is fair because I had runestones earlier? Better redo your math because you've miscalculating here. It would have been better to do the 25 cycle first because that one is no longer an option, so no option for those fools like me who first did the settlement, thinking the 25 fp cycle would be there after I'd finished. But not only that, starting those blasted complete settlements now, will get you not the SAME amount of Runestone shards, but 3 more per round, that's (imagining you're doing 15 cycles) 3 selection kits more!!! So no, in this case being fast did not pay off. The ones who were running the 25 cycle that start now are the ones laughing because they have a far better deal
Well, it might have been wiser if Inno had switched those rewards earlier, but better late then never. The 25fp cycle cannot have been intended. It is just too much of an exploit. Though my fp-wallet is sad to see it go.

Still, they are not making the change to favor or punish people who did the full settlement runs. I do not see any reason why they should compensate people who did the settlements first.

Miepie

Baronet
Still, they are not making the change to favor or punish people who did the full settlement runs. I do not see any reason why they should compensate people who did the settlements first.

It's not compensating for doing it first, it's giving those who did exactly the same rewards for their effords as those who are only starting now. But if someone tells me I'm better off because I did it first and thus have the rewards longer, no, not true in this case.

This is good, since it means that people who have finished the settlement up until the final Yggdrasil upgrade have 2 finished runestones instead of needing 2 more upgrades. That makes more sense, it allows for us to close the book on the settlement after that.

Right... so you are happy that you got for free something you don't deserve. And you can close the book and skip two extra runs rest of us had to do.

I do not see any reason why they should compensate people who did the settlements first.

Hypocrit, that is all I can say. So our effort should not be recognized but your "freebies" are good because they save you two extra runs!

Hard to argue with this logic...

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Well, it might have been wiser if Inno had switched those rewards earlier, but better late then never. The 25fp cycle cannot have been intended. It is just too much of an exploit. Though my fp-wallet is sad to see it go.
Respect, I like your attitude :D

The reason could be, that 2 new kind of settlements are on the way and if people already did the 15 runs to get Yggdrasil, they will be sad to see people who start later get more GR fragments. Giving us 3 for each settlement will make most happy and cover most of the lose unless for the few very fast ones.
I find it a nice move to compensate us, even when they did not have to do it.

DeletedUser7703

What concerns me most about the changes to settlements, none of it's making them more interesting to play. The changes to the last quest make them less interesting to play, because all you've done is increased the goods needed. So the fix is to just increase the rewards :( Maybe I am wrong but from a user perspective there is very little dev time being allocated to settlements and the focus will be events, new ages & battlegrounds. So now I am very worried for the Japanese settlement. :eek:

DeletedUser10091

Don't understand... It was posted HERE, that this change (nerfing on PvP) was coming on live? Because it didn't went on live along with Mars content, not before it... How is that relevant?

You're joking, right? Every live player reads 10 pages deep into a thread on the beta forum, surely? :rolleyes:

kaymedic

Marquis
Couldn't get an answer on my oficial forum so I am also trying here. Will the quest rewards change during an open run or have I start a new one after the patch hits live to get all 15 fragments?